main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT how did Vader escape?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by texjrwillerjr, Jan 11, 2017.

1. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    That doesn't negate what I said in any way.

And yet, not so much as to prevent him from having enough velocity to travel a safe distance from the DS, as we see in the film. In fact, the spinning could have been imparted by the exploding Tie fighter, which could have actually increased Vader's velocity in addition to generating spin.

But Vader's ship was powered just before he was diverted. Heck, Luke couldn't have traveled any faster away from the DS than he already was in the trench, so even in his case, "powered flight" wasn't terribly important. There's certainly nothing to indicate that Luke's speed was the absolute least amount necessary to reach a safe distance.

He was flying down torwards the DS before he was hit. This is in the movie.

No, but my point was, seeing isn't always believing. As Ben would say, "Don't trust your eyes. They can deceive you." Just because the "shots which seem to make it appear considerably larger than our moon" doesn't mean the DS is larger than the moon. The fact that you used "seem" means you understand that your own observation has a caveat.

Non-sequitir. Whether or not Vader intended to escape doesn't, in any way, mean that his ship couldn't have been diverted by accident into a direction that did allow him to escape. Luke was "out of control and spinning" when he fell down the ventilation shaft from Vader, and yet he "escaped" anyways.

"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." Vader's destiny was to survive and take out the Emperor. You might as well say he was incredibly lucky to survive falling into lava. Fact is, people can and do "escape" from certain-death situations by accident, both in our world as well as in AGFFA. It happens....don't know what else to tell you.

Oh, I've certainly scrutinized what I've seen onscreen.....AND I've accepted the spirit of the fact that Vader was supposed to, and indeed DID, survive the DS explosion.

But, as you said, no big deal.......

....or, at least, it won't be a big deal until your next huge point-by-point refutation, at which point, it's difficult to continue to describe all this as "no big deal". ;)

2. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016

That's amusing. [face_tee_hee]

3. Tosche_Station

Tosche_Station Jedi Master star 2

Feb 9, 2015

[​IMG]

Sarge and MeBeJedi like this.
  4. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Get your goddam hands off of her..

Avnar and Tosche_Station like this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I think this point (just after Luke blew up the DS) would be a great place to start if ever they wanted to do a Vader Anthology film...

6. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Like an ST: Voyager series depicting Vader's lonely odyssey back to starfleet. It takes nearly the full three years.

7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Ha! I wouldn't go that far :p But tell me it wouldn't be an interesting tale!...?

8. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    If he had seven of nine tucked away in that fighter somewhere it could be a very interesting tale.

Avnar likes this.
  9. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    "Vader's Log Stardate 63429.3 - I have entered the Anoat system, there's not much here. After dealing with the rebels myself, I find myself on course to rendezvous with the Imperial Fleet in about three years"

"Vader's Log Supplemental - the first thing I intend to do when I reach my Star Destroyer is change my underwear"

Martoto77 likes this.
  10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I found that little story about how Vader crash-landed on that planet, became feared among the animals, etc., really interesting.