main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did Vader get back after the end of the Death star?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by J2183, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J2183

J2183 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2004
    How does Vader get back to his battle lines once the Death Star had been blown up? I think I remember it being said that small range fighters like the TIE bomber and TIE fighter are not capable of long range trips so Vader could not just fly back since he would also need help with his suit surely?

He would not have been able to dock at the planet below (forgot the name of it, foreshame!!) since it would be seen by the alliance.

Did he use his Force powers to contact the Emporer?

EDIT: Also, how come his force powers didnt pick up Han coming in from behind?

2. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    He was magically written into the script for ESB.

Actually, I bet there's some sort of homing beacon for fighters that get too far out of range, so the closest destroyer can come by and pick him up.

3. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    As for Han, that was probably due to tunnel vision. Vader was too focused on Skywalker that he forgot that there may be other threats coming in on a different vector.

As for Vader's extraction, the fighter that Vader was flying was a prototype Tie Advanced x1, which was equipped with shields and a hyperdrive. Consider it a benefit of rank. So he was able to make it back to his own lines on his own.

4. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Vaders Tie is equipped with a hyperdrive. All aid and done.

5. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    TIE Advanced x1 Databank entry

"Also, abandoning previous Imperial design policies, considerable resources were spent to make the TIE Advanced hyperspace-capable"

6. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    You can't blame Vader for getting tunnel vision, as there way only one Y-Wing left at this point. His wingmen were supposed to be watching his back, and they failed (and paid with thier lives, I might add).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.