main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii How did Yoda end up on Dagobah?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by 808Jedi, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 808Jedi

808Jedi Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    I was wondering why Yoda ended up on Dagobah? The movie never mentioned it...or did I miss something.

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    At the end of Ep3, Yoda did say they must go into hiding, but am not sure if he mentioned where. I think Yoda did, cuz he told young Obi Wan to go to Tatooine, and didn't he say he would go to Degobah? Because in Ep5, didn't old Obi Wan, while in his ghostly presence, tell Luke to go to Degobah to seek and be trained by Yoda??? [face_thinking]

3. Hapajedi

Hapajedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    It was refrenced by lucasfilm that the scene was filmed and digitally rendered but did not make the fianl cut of the film, but I heard rumors of it being in the DVD along with a few other things that were cut out like the begining of the rebellion.

4. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    I don't think Yoda mentioned Dagobah in Episode III.

However, it would make sense that Obi-Wan, after "becoming one with the Force", found Yoda (if he didn't already know where he would be living) and communicated with him.

Obi-Wan: "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine." Great words of foreshadowing from a great man.

MTFBWY.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

P.S. Yoda could conceivably have mentioned Dagobah to Obi-Wan during the time of Episode III but just not when we got to see them on screen. [Lucas probably just chose not to bother will all that extra exposition.]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.