Evan, IN How Did You Get Into Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Dec 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    I saw this thread in Atlantic Canada General. Since they regularly outdo us (and every other FanForce's home thread, IMO :p) I decided to ri-I mean, borrow the idea for their thread. ;)

Christmas 1995 I saw the OT on USA Network. The next year I saw it again. By this time I was up to my neck in a good healthy Star Wars obsession. Then I saw the SE's.
    Then I did a lot of EU. Then I saw EPI. Then I took a 2-year break. I picked it back up late last year by reading all the books in the OT EU.
  2. Taelys Jedi Knight

star 1
    Gee, haven't had to think that hard since I read Middlemarch...What's OT EU ? if it's what I think, it would be contradiction unless you put an & symbol inbetween.

Sorry, I was an English major...

Taelys
  3. Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Master

star 1
    When I was only few months old my parents took me to the theater to see the original SW. So I guess you could say I've literally been into Star Wars all my life

charlie
  4. Santa_The_Hobbit Jedi Knight

star 2
    OT EU = Original Trilogy Expanded Universe.

EU books based on the Original Trilogy characters and events. ;)
  5. Taelys Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oooooooooooh,
    Thank you for enlightening my ignorance.
  6. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw the originals in the theater at ages 7, 10, & 13. Instantly I was hooked. I became a toy collector and "diorama builder"...or was it that I just played with my toys? 8-}

I got my first videos in 1992 when they released a Collectors Edition Letterbox set.

And, of course the late 90s and early 2000s have been sort of a SW revival with the SEs, prequels, DVDs, and The E'ville Jedi!!
  7. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not so long ago, I was walking through Toys R Us, blowing all my newly recieved Christmas cash. While walking down the micromachines isle, I saw a cool looking playset thing that wasn't too expensive so I bought it. While playing with my fold-down stormtrooper helmet playset, I asked my mom what movie it all came from, having never even seen one. She said it was some space movie with "Dark Vader or something" and a Princess.

I soon went out and purchased A New Hope. I loved it so much I even bought Return of the Jedi, not knowing there was any order to these movies (I think the cover looked better.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.