How did you get Started in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Emperor_Billy_Bob, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Billy_Bob Chosen One

star 7
    I think it has been a while since one of these threads was started so...

I was introduced to Star Wars by my father, he took me to the movie store, we got ANH and I watched it twice that night. Then we got ESB and ROTJ, and watched them. Star Wars was really not that special to me until I read "The Courtship of Princess Leia", after that I was pretty much hooked.
  2. ablemack Jedi Padawan

I watched it in 1983 when I was three. It as in Return of the Jedi.
  3. FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Knight

star 3
    When I was younger around 5 or 6 my mother and grandmother would go out, leaving me, my brother and dad home alone. My dad had all three moives and we would watch all three that night but I was young and didn't really understand it except that the good guys won. I dind't understand the force and what not but it was special casue it brought me and my dad and brother closer together.

I really didn't really get big with Star Wars till after EpI and they came out with all those books at the time that was my age reading level and now I'm hooked
  4. Bcanr2d2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can't remember, although I did have a blaster, and a Lando action figure. I was 6 when I went to see ROTJ, but somehow I already knew most of what the Star Wars universe was about.
    I think not long after ROTJ, I made the Shuttle Tydirium out of Lego, without any plans or such, was way cool.
  5. SkottASkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I was born in 1965 and I first saw STAR WARS in 1977. My oldest sister had seen it before me and talked to me about me seeing it.

Before seeing it, I think I had one or two Luke Skywalker Wonder Bread cards and some of the Burger Chef STAR WARS posters. (I don't remember for sure if I had a complete set of the posters or not before seeing it for my first time, nor if I had any extras or not before seeing it for my first time, if I had any of the posters before seeing it for my first time)

The first time I saw STAR WARS was with a friend of mine, his two sisters, their mom and her friend and her son.
  6. GORILLA Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's easy, my mom and dad took me to see the original movie in the theatre back in May 1977, I was 3. I've been a pathetic junkie ever since.
  7. deltron_zero Force Ghost

star 6
    i was also 3 when ANH came out... it is one of my earliest vivid memories, seeing it in a packed theater with my parents, we got there kind of late so we had to sit in the front row all the way to the side, i remember looking up in complete awe, and like was said before... i've been hooked ever since :D
  8. APadmeClone Jedi Knight

star 1
    Because I was born in '84, I kinda missed all the hype when they first came out. My grandparents had the toy garbage-smahing chamber from ANH and a bunch of action figures and a cool elevator thing, but I never knew who the characters were or what it was about.

When I was little, I guess I saw it on TV or something, but I wasn't interested. It failed to hold my attention.

Freshman year in high school, however, we did an English project on Star Wars. We watched it in class, wrote papers on the symbolism and characterization... took quotes and made quote poetry. THAT's when I started loving the SW universe. I finally sat down to watch them all the way through!

So yeah... I've been corrupted ever since :D

9. Ben_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    I read the EU novel, 'The New Rebellion' and thats when I got hooked on Starwars :)
  10. starkillah Jedi Knight

star 1
    The trailers for it in 77 were kind of freaky looking to me...kind of dark and mysterious. So that's what got me and my best friend and our mothers(who were also best friends) to go see it. We were curious. I haven't been the same ever since then...The world of Star Wars, to me and every kid at that time, seemed more believable than any other kind of Sci-Fi. It felt sooo futuristic, but it also felt somewhat famaliar...
  11. Rogue-Leader Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I saw the SE of each movie in 1997 on the first day each one came out. After this I just became a fanatic.
  12. Mason Jedi Knight

star 1
    7 years old, my parents took me and my brother to see ANH in 1977. Hooked ever since.
  13. Lord_Riven Force Ghost

star 4
    When i started reading SW novels in 92
  14. sayitaintscooter Jedi Padawan

When I was two or three, Return of the Jedi was the first movie my parents took me too. I've been hooked ever since.
  15. Clone_Whore Jedi Youngling

My neighbours took me to see it in 77 when i was about 5 ,(i personally don't recall the great event)

My mum says I've been hooked ever since, and she blames the neighbours for turning me into a geek
  16. Darthmcm Jedi Master

star 4
    The way I see it there are four kinds of fans
    and you may be more then one kind

1)"THE OLDSCHOOL FAN" these people have been around since the 70's and 80's

2)THE "I GOT HOOKED BECAUSE OF EU" these are the people that liked the movies but became a fan because of the books

3)THE "SPECIAL EDITION FAN" these ones are the boys and gals that got hooked when the SE came out in 97

4) "THE PREQUEL FAN" these are the new fans. they have alot of catching up to do. but they made it to the party.

most of us are of course fans of it all like myself but I most fall under a combo of Oldschool and EU I started in the mid-late 80's when my father and I rented the entire trilogy from a local Library on a rainy day and watched them one after another, I was then a Fan, but not a fanatic. I became a fanatic when I picked up a copy of splinter of the minds eye in early 90's at a goodwill store for $.25 I was then very much hooked.
  17. _Padme_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I was born in '86, and I remember watching the movies on TV when I was a child, in 1992 or so, but then I forgot about SW [face_blush]. It was in 2000 or so, that I played TPM PC game, and I loved it, and I decided to watch TPM on video (I didn't watch it at the cinema), then watched the OT again... and fell in love with SW forever :).
  18. DarthBabe Force Ghost

star 7
    When my dad rented The Empire Strikes Back when I was about 9 years old.
  19. Dayda_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Special Editions. That's what got me 3/4 of the way I am now. The last 1/4 was TPM. Now I am a true fan.
  20. WormRiddenFilth Jedi Knight

star 1
    I showed up (was born) two months before the original came out, but my mom took me when I was three to see my first movie, which is actually my favorite movie, the Empire Strikes Back. Somehow, I just grew up with it after that. Had all the toys, got all the movies, and everything else. The SE was such a great time in 97, because I had to wait so long to finallty see them in the theaters as a grown up who could actually remember the experience that time around.
  21. Xeta Jedi Padawan

I was born in '87, so i missed all of the hype as well. When i was 4 i watched it with my parents, but i didn't understand the depth and symbolism of the film. They were my favorite movies, but i did not fully understand them. Then, as i got older, i realized the deep complexety of star wars, and became obsessed.
  22. CountBakufu Jedi Knight

star 2
    I saw Star Wars on opening night in 77' which happen to be my 9th birthday, May 25th and it still is just as exciting as it was then. Talk about a gift that keeps giving!
  23. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Back in '95 I was playing a SW video game with my friend. I didn't understand what this Force was they kept referring to. I asked him about it and he said that I wouldn't understand. I would have to see the movies. I took his advice...and now I'm hooked. :)
  24. trekkie09 Jedi Knight

star 1
    uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh, I watched it.
  25. trekkie09 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Actually, come to think of it, I saw it when it came out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.