main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How did you get your system?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by JediMasterKitFisto, Dec 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    What was your first game system and how did you get it.

Mine is sort of funny. My dad found a super nintendo in a trash can with broken cords and a hamburger in it. He fixed it and that was my first game system, I still have it too.

That is not a made up story.

2. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    For me, My First System was the GameGear, I loved Sonic II and Sonic Triple Trouble so much. I should dig em' out and play them again :)

3. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    A hamburger in it? Haha!

My father got an NES from an employee for Christmas when I was six. We got Mario. I remember playing it that first night, and I couldn't get past the first Goomba for the life of me. I eventually beat it and then the original Zelda when I was seven. My parents should have taken the damn thing away from me.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I saved every penny I had and bought my first NES when they just came out. I remember how jealous I was when my family took a trip to Beaumont, TX. and my Aunt and Uncle went in Wal-Mart and bought my couisins their NES. I didn't talk to anyone the rest of the way home....... :(

5. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    I got a N64 for Christmas.

-Mace-

6. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    My dad bought me a SEGA Genesis for Christmas one year, after I enjoyed playing with his friend's NES when I was over at his house one night.

7. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    My Dad got us a NES when it came out for X-mas.

8. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    JP and/or our other brother had an Aratri type thing called a "TUNIX". It was great. Massive cartriges that fitted in that were bigger than my hand.

"Tanks-a-lot"
    "Pac man"

etc

Great console at the time. We still have it, but the wires are screwy or something.

edit = I'm not sure how we first got it, I guess mum and dad bought it for JP, but for me - it was a hand down/not even mine really. :(

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    My parents had an Atari 2600 before I was born...then when the NES came around, I finally got one for x-mas about a year or two after it came out- the concept of Super Mario Bros. baffled them, however.

I won my Gameboy through Capt. Crunch cereal- they had a gamepiece and you got 3D glasses with it, and had to see if your piece told you which of the whatever number of possible captain crunches was "the real" captain crunch. Our piece didn't say which, however I noticed that if you closed one eye and only looked at the gamepiece through the red eye "lens", one of the captains looked different than the others. So I chose that one, and won ::)

For my SNES I saved up and bought myself (I bought the Control Set as soon as it came out- then got myself ALTTP to go with it).

My N64 was a gift from my mom.

I've bought all my other consoles myself since then.

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    My first system was NES and I honestly have no idea how I got it. I think I'll ask my Dad tomorrow. :D

11. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Intellivision. Dunnoe how we got it.

¤Night

12. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    sega master system II go Alex Kidd!

13. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I feel old.

We had a family friend who owned an electronics store (well, a TV & Stereo store in those days ;) ) so we were the first on our block to have Pong, Oddyssy, and Atari 2600 (the orginal one with the wood grain accents, very classy :D )

14. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    It was Atari. I have no idea how I got it. I was playing games before I was reading and possible toliet trained. I remember once I made my best friend cry, because I beat him over 99-0 on Atari football. I say over 99 as the game could count any higher.

15. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    My first game system was a Super Nintendo.
    Geez, how things change.
    I must admit Super Nintendo music is pretty sappy. But I loved that system. Then a Nintendo 64, then a computer.
    Man, now I can't get that music outta my head.
    Do Do Do DO Do Do..DOOOOOOO!

16. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Got NES for Christmas when I was 5. Except it said on the tag:

To: Family

D'oh! It's not my own! But I did play it the most out of everybody.

17. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    The first system I played was my parents Pong set.

First one I ever got was an Atari 2600 we got for Christmas one year. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Basketball, Combat, those were great games.

18. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    How can you say SNES was sappy? It has some of the best games ever made. IE FF2, FF3-American, and Chrono Trigger. Those games are all in my top10, probably even in my top5, at least the first two are.

19. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Aside from my Atari, I have bought every single console I have ever owned.

20. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    My Uncle bought my sister, brother and I a Sega Master System II, which I still have.

21. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    Hippie, I'm right there with ya!

I don't know how it came about, but we had a white pong game, that was given to someone. Then shortly after that was the immensely better Atari 2600. I was about 4 when we got it, I think. Then there was nothing until the late '80s when I got a NES with Super Mario and Mario Bros. for my birthday. Then I bought a Genesis for my brother for Christmas one year...which I called a Non-tendo for sometime....

22. StormChewieJedi

StormChewieJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    My first game system was a Sega Genesis, not the newer one, but the ORIGINAL from when it first came out...I got it a couple years ago and bought it from my friend for 5 bucks...

23. stecm

stecm Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2002
    SNES was mine, and it's also the only console system I've ever owned...

24. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    My first was an Intellivision, along with the now classic B-17 Bomber or something. You Youngins' out there might not remember that one. ;-)

Then came the good ole Atari 2600. My parents had an Odessey 2. Remember those?

25. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    aguywithabiggun,
    I think either you said it wrong or I'm not understanding you correctly.

The Atari 2600 came way before the Intellivision, because the commercials for the Intellivision actally blasted the atari for its inferiority. They compared the football and baseball games, if I'm not mistaken. Unless of course you're saying you had an Intellivision and then you had an Atari.
    And I have to correct myself, we didn't have an Atari, we had the Sears Tele-Games console. We had Tank-Plus, not combat. We also had Target Fun, which I think was called carnival or circus by Atari. Same stuff, just different names.

My cousins had a Coleco machine. I was jealous because they had the cool Donkey Kong game. My grandparents bought the Intellivision for us grandkids. I think my favorite was Sea Battle. ba-dee-um ba-dee-um. Yep, the PT boat could zoom around so nicely.

A friend down the street had an Odyssy2, but I vaguely remember it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.