main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada How did you like the IMAX Edition?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by fingthething, Oct 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I thought it was great. They cut all the stuff that i hoped they would. Not to mention that our chapter of FanForce (Edmonton), got a tour of the projection room because one of our members was the projectionist. It was SWEET! Anyways, how did you like it?

Oh ya, and did any other chapters get on T.V.? 2 different stations came and interviewed us.

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Wow! That was fabulous! We had 19 people in costume at the Paramount - X-Wing Pilot, 3 Jedi, Leia, Padmé, Vader, Boba, and a whole bunch of other baddies from the 501st. I like seeing Ewan - so big *drool*. The details were amazing, you could see the texture on the costumes, on the skin (wow Taun We) and the background was so clear! You could see Jawa's inside the Sandcrawler and count the hairs on Yoda's head!
    THAT ROCKED! (More later when I'm more articulate).

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey Lelila, there was four Jedi ;) Me, Avatar, Sarah and that girl...um...from TO :)

4. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Sounds like you guys had fun! That's great! We are going tonight to see it on IMAX! :)

5. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    I wish we could have become a chapter in time to get in on that. :(

I am going to see it in Halifax, though! :D

6. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    It was good but the cut scenes sucked :(

7. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Wow! That was fabulous! We had 19 people in costume at the Paramount - X-Wing Pilot, 3 Jedi, Leia, Padmé, Vader, Boba, and a whole bunch of other baddies from the 501st.

You forgot the Imperial Officer. I'm not in the 501st. :p (Icon temporarily changed to me last night ;))

London met up with YJN on the way to Toronto (meeting Chris and the others was awesome) then watched AOTC with Toronto and the 501st. As Lelila said, it was fabulous. Everyone in costume got in free (so everyone except PaulV :p) and we had a professional photographer taking pictures for Insider. He got a bunch of Vader strangling me, and me leading a group of Stormtroopers, charging the camera. I havn't had that much fun since graduation.

8. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Well I wish I could dress up but I'm the guy who takes the pictures so you never see me ;)

9. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    First time i dressed up and wow is it fun! Go see the IMAX if you havn't!

10. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    That was really awesome to see it on the HUGE IMAX screen. The sound was also crystal clear. I loved [face_love] it! We are going to see it again before it stops playing at the IMAX. We have to! :)

11. Dark_Elling

Dark_Elling Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    AOTC IMAX was good but not great.

I have not seen an IMAX movie before so don't really have anything for comparison except the Initial release of AOTC. The IMAX screen is huge and adds alot of detail but at times it is almost to overwhelming, to fast, blurry. The sound was trully excellent, definitely worth the experience.

Having seen AOTC several times, I didn't mind the absense of the deleted segments. Actually, I found that it made the movie better, by boosting the pace.

DE

12. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Size matters not. Except on an IMAX screen.
    That is so true. The bigger the better.

13. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    My biggest concern going into it was that the picture quality would be terrible when enlarged so much. But, I was very pleasantly surprised. :)

14. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    I didn't care for AOTC in IAMX so much. I thought digital was better.

Mostly I was upset by cutting Dooku's "This is madness" speech and that most of the scenes in Palpy's office were cut.... I love Palpy's office.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.