main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions How Did You Start Reading Star Wars

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediKnight75, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    I am super new to reading SW books... I didn't start reading them until this year! I'd always sort of eschewed the EU books because, well, I liked the movies better and it seemed weird to me that there were also books, and books that I didn't feel followed the storyline I wanted Star Wars to follow.

But then I saw TFA... and that sent me spiralling into a complete SW obsession. I rewatched all the movies, and decided that the movies just weren't enough and I had to know more. So I picked up Darth Plagueis, and absolutely loved it. Then I read Lords of the Sith, and now I'm working on reading the novelizations of the movies and their respective partner/prequel books.

I bought Aftermath and the 1st book in the Darth Bane series the other day, so those are next on my reading list!

spicer and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  2. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Ack. Aftermath? No bueno. I think the editors screw up that one.

3. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    I'm not terribly picky. I read the first few pages and actually quite enjoyed it.

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I started with the YJK books. Still love them.

Val Redd likes this.
  5. HomeFi

HomeFi Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2016
    It was in 1994 with Heir to the Empire. I remember my father and I were at a comic fair. I was a child but already a star wars fan. Man it wasn't easy being a star wars fan these years, nothing new on the horizon, when I saw this book in a stand. My eyes opened wide and I run there. Of course I asked my father to buy me one who was very happy to not buy me a comic but a novel.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  6. Val Redd

Val Redd Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2016
    I was in 4th or 5th grade when I started reading Star Wars. I don't remember how I got my first EU book but I remember I read through the whole Young Jedi Knights series and became addicted and then moved on to the New Jedi Order series and various other EU books

7. Subiaco

Subiaco Jedi Padawan

Feb 16, 2013
    Started reading Heir to the Empire in -95 (Thrawn trilogy is still my favourite EU story along with Han Solo at Stars' End), bought whatever I could find following that (loved the Tales from... books and the X-Wing series!). Dropped out a bit into the New Jedi Order though, might make an effort later on to complete them...

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005

I remember those years well. After RotJ there was no expectation of anything new for a long time.

Also started reading SW because of comics, I didn't start reading any of the books until 15 years ago or so.

Sent from Parts Unknown

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Read Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn [face_dancing] and that just about started the fangirl oomphiness. [face_laugh] :cool:

10. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I was given the Thrawn Trilogy as a gift from one of my cousins. My love of the EU basically started there. Then, I started reading Cloak of Deception and the X-Wing series at the same time after I finished it.

11. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    For a while I just read the young readers novels from the library. I cant really remember most of them. My first real SW novel was A New Dawn about a year ago. Since then i've read the RepCom books, and i'm starting to read the Thrawn Trilogy.

12. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Man...John Jackson Miller is one of my favorite Star Wars authors but that book's connection to Rebels killed its appeal for me.

13. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    For me it was the Essential Guide books and The Encyclopedia way back in the 90s. I never gotten any of the comic books or novels. All my info comes from here and a few other websites.

14. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    glove of darth vader when I was 6, then I got into the real Eu with the X-wing books and tales of the jedi comics at around 9 years old.

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.