main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One How did your audience behave for Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by OldTimeFan, Dec 20, 2016.

1. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Have seen it 3 times now only problem I had was the midnight showing.

Two guys in their late 20s or early 30s sat behind me talking rubbish about the movie.

The bit with Vader in the tank for example one was telling the other this was the emperor and so on.
    I eventually turned around to them and said out loud can we do without the commentary and they shut up.
    What was your experience of sitting with others for Rouge One?

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Before the screening it was loud with a lot of talking.

During screening not a word from anyone.

Iron_lord and OldTimeFan like this.
  3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    That disappointed, huh? :p

I've seen it twice and both times, people were really into it, laughing at the funny bits, maybe some other sort of brief reaction occasionally. That was it.

4. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    A charming old man next to me was reacting to things like he was actually in it.

"Uh oh!"
    "Oh no!"
    "Oh boy!"
    "Here we go!"
    "Let's do this!"
    "Phew!"

5. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I was pretty disappointed, since it was a very quiet crowd. After the fun with TFA a year ago, I had so high hopes of this, but apart from a couple of chuckles, no one reacted at all. There's more cheer found in a graveyard. Going to see it another time, maybe after Christmas, to give the people a chance to redeem themselves. :p

6. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    My audience behaved. The guys next to me might've said something once. The only real problem was the theater turning up the AC in already cold theater. Luckily I go a SW hoodie ;).

7. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    XD I actually thought it was the emperor at that part too and I was whispering that to my dad.

They especially laughed at the grenade part, and the "are you kidding me? I'm blind!" part.

For me, when the movie ended with Leia taking off in the senate ship, the audience in my theater clapped.

8. Larsonator

Larsonator Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2016
    I've seen it 3 times. Cheers for the Lucasfilm logo on premiere night, lots of laughing at most of K2's lines and tonight there was sustained applause when the credits hit. It's nice going multiple times opening week because each time most of the people there are seeing it for the first time.

Rancor Keeper likes this.
  9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Quiet for the most part, but there was some scattered laughter during K2's comic relief moments.

10. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    I had a well mannered crowd. No rambunctious individuals or shenanigans. Even though they were relatively silent though, you could really feel the tension. It was great and this may have had the most enthusiastic applause I've heard since The Dark Knight.

11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Some fool decided to bring a 3 year old into the movie.

The movie where everyone dies, there was visible blood, and it was probably the least child-oriented Star Wars movie yet. They wouldn't stop talking either, especially during slow dialogue scenes.

12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Thats me how I looked like when the ยง$%"$**** behind me started to talk in his phone
    (It's an animated gif)
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and Zillobeast like this.
  13. PaulWrightyThen

PaulWrightyThen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2016
    Opening night, full cinema, laughs, gasps, no talking. I tell people off for talking. I hate it. Applause at the end. I don't really like applause. It's like when people clap when a plane lands. Its supposed to do that. The film entertained me. Its supposed to do that. Silly.

darth_mccartney likes this.
  14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Seen it twice. Once on opening night and once at the Mann Chinese Theater in L.A. Both times there was a lot of laughing at the funny parts. An initial clapping at the Lucasfilm banner before the movie begins. But very little cheering after that. On opening night I was ready to burst out into cheer at different scenes, but nobody else did, and I obviously didn't want to be that guy. I hope in a few weeks after people have seen it there is a lot more cheering at various parts of the movie. I love cheering in Star Wars movies.

DarthEndus likes this.
  15. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Saw it 2 times. During my English screening audiences were very silent during the whole movie, even the kids. During my German screening a lot of talking and some kids running around at the sides for some minutes, they seemed to be boored.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Very quiet during my showing. A bit of talking during the ads and trailers but not during the film. Of course, I went at 10:15 AM on the 15th so most people were in work or school. I think there were about 5 people there, including me. No kids that I could see.

17. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I don't remember even being conscious of the audience during the film. The steep grade of an IMAX theatre is good for that.

There were some detectable "oooooh"s during the opening shot of the shuttle in the planet rings. One of them was mine.

18. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    of all the times i've seen the OT, SE prequal movies and TFA in the theatre i've only seen three crowd reactions. a kid at the 97 ANH SE who did a cheer when the DS exploded Iguess he had never seen the movies before) an adult who cheered at a screening of TPM when maul got cut down, and the decemeber 1982 ESB rerelease when the crowd all moaned when the projector broke down...

and then my first showing of R1 yesterday, laughter at all the funny parts, cheering when cassian shot krennic. louad applause ahd hollering at the end.

19. Haytham

Haytham Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 28, 2016
    The first time, on the opening night, we had a small applause when the credits started rolling. Just to put things in context, that never happens around here. I remember only one other applause in my entire life and that was just an ironic one.

Otherwise, the audience was quiet and civil. Chuckles at K2's jokes, some cameos and such. Couple of gasps here and there, like when Tarkin showed up for the first time. The most memorable reaction I have is though from a girl sitting an aisle away from me. During the finale, when Jyn and Cassian are making their way out of the facility, there's that one shot of the Death Star towering in Scarif's horizon - and at that precise moment the girl just let out this quiet, but emotive "oh no". It's nothing special or funny, but it stuck in my mind because of how I felt too.

The second viewing on the afternoon next day was even quieter, as usual.

20. OZQUAD44

OZQUAD44 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2015
    Midnight screening first day, laughter for the k2 comments, and the hood over the head bit, then applause during the credits.

Friday night screening, laughter in the same bits, no applause.

Both nights the crowds were engaged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Opening night, only me and one other person in the cinema. She kept breathing too loudly at some points, really annoying so asked her to stop it.

jaqen likes this.
  22. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    I was in the midnight sold out session. The first session that went on sale at 5am local time, meaning it wouldve only been die-hard fans who got up early to book their tickets the instant they went on sale.

The audience was silent the whole time. During opening logo, during big reveals (droids, vader, leia etc) and no clapping at the end at all.

It felt a little strange, because the equivilant sessions for Force Awakens were VERY loud/interactive audience.

nightangel likes this.
  23. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Lol where in the world were you?

24. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    'hey could you please stop breathing?"

now that would be interesting the response you got....

Kynirin likes this.
  25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I had the same impression. After the movie I had a look at the young kids face (because to see how mine would react as they are a bit to young atm)
    Most of them looked somehow bored or disappointed. Meanwhile I think they were simply "shocked" because all the heroes went down one after the other.
    (Especially the boy next to me took a deep breath when K2SO got destroyed)

nightangel likes this.