main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How difficult has it been for people to find the new Han Hoth figure (either blue or brown coat)?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

Just wondering about this. I was glad to hear that this figure was coming out, and have been looking for the new Han Hoth figure for a while - I was never satisfied with the 1996 version (wrong coat color, no hood - it was terrible) but this new one looks great.

Have others had problems finding this figure? I've never seen it anywhere. For that matter, I've seen very few new Star Wars figures anywhere. I guess since this is a non-movie year, the distribution is not as good as it was last year....

2. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I've seen the figure very often in my area I believe a total of about 6 times last month.

3. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I have one word for you.

eBay. That's how I got mine.

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    For me it just like the rest of the '03 figures. So that means that I not yet seen him in the stores. So I got mine from a dealer at our ComicCon back in May.

As for the coats If Im not wrong you can only get the blue one right now. The brown on will be coming out later this year.

5. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    i have yet to see han or any of the new figures. no ephant mon, either. everything here is still stuck in the lott dodd/clonetrooper pilot/tusken-with-massiff wave.

6. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    it's been as hard as the rest of the '03 wave .........

"impossible"

7. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    What's a new figure? :confused:

8. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    It's something we don't see in the stores, but that Hasbro claims they have created. :D

9. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    unfortunatley, it is not that difficult to find in FL. I bought 2 for me, and there were still enough left for DARTHCRITIC and POSTMAN to get thiers. Same with the chewie. And good news! My Wal-mart (where I work) , I have learned, is recieving 6 (!!!!) new cases of SW stuff in the next 2 days :) WOW! I cant wait! Just hope they dont pile it in the back till 2004.

10. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    So far only the blue coat has even been released...like someone mentioned above, the brown coat is going to be a later summer or fall release.

Down here (southern Alabama) we've had better luck than most with the '03 figures (in other words I've actually seen them)...but I've only seen that wave once, so I only ever saw two blue coat Hans on the shelf (one was quickly purchased). Later that day the other one was gone though, similar to most of the '03 figures down here.

11. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I'm in the same boat as many others, nothing new beyond the removable head Tuskin and Library Droids line have been seen around here... :(

12. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    We have an insane scalper problem in my area, so new stuff gets by me super easily.

This guy knows every stock boy at every TRU and every Wal-Mart in my area.

It's horrible!!! He even has a shop in the mall where he sells everything at a 50% to 60% mark-up!

ZOUNDS!!!

13. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I havent seen han yet. i have the Asyla series, but nothing else.

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    It's horrible!!! He even has a shop in the mall where he sells everything at a 50% to 60% mark-up!

Really? How can he do that?

15. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Man, scalpers like that need to be drug out into the street and shot.

Just my opinion.

16. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Don't make me cry. I saw this and the new Chewie figure at Wal-Mart last month but I didn't get it because the cards were kinda banged up. Now I'm thinking maybe I should have gotten them just in case I never see them again, which I probably will. And yes, as Robert said, the brown coat Han will be shipping in later waves.

17. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Yeah, not to make you cry, but passing them up was probably a bad idea PhantomMenace.

Anytime you see 2003 figures, they probably got put out that day, so grab them while they last...they won't be there tomorrow.

18. forceguy

forceguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I found Hoth Han twice; the first time at a Target (about a month ago), the second time at a Wal-Mart (about two weeks ago). BTW, the brown coat version isn't out yet.

19. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Yea if you see a '03 that you don't have don't pass it up. You may never see it agin.

20. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    **Man, scalpers like that need to be drug out into the street and shot.**

Dont get me wrong, I dont condone scalping, this jerk, who is marking his stuff up 50% has one problem: We all hate scalpers. If NOBODY bought his stuff, he would go out of business. Hes not forcing his merchandise on people. All that this is, is free enterprise at work. In my opinion, anyone who pays more than $4.88 (standard retail) is getting ripped off. If you choose to let someone rip you off, thats your own fault.

The only time I overpaid (a scalper :( ), was whenthe E2 figs first came out. After 2 days of searching, I was worried that I would never find a Luminari Undulli, and paid $17.99 +shipping for it. Less than a week later, she was EVERYWHERE! The same thing will happen with Han Hoth too. All it takes is patience, and we can put the scalpers out of business! Whos with me! ;)

Jace

21. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I agree that scalpers suck, but I will also say that sometimes they're the only way you will find figures. Let me give you an example:

Back in 1998, which is resembling 2003 in that new figures were VERY hard to find, I was going to stores quite a bit and looking for the Expanded Universe figures, as well as Ree-yees and the Death Star Commander.

Well, guess what - I NEVER saw these figures in stores, and had to resort to a local comic book shop (as well as the SW fan club) to get all the Expanded Universe figures.
    I bought The Ree-yees and Death Star Commander figures from the Star Wars fan club, when they sold them the next year (1999).

So, if it hadn't been for the comic stores and the SW fan club, I would never had been able to get these figures.

Patience doesn't always work when you're looking for these toys - some have very limited distribution and some places never see them.

I'm not saying that's what will happen with the new Han Hoth figure (or any of the other new figures), but you never know.

Like I said, I agree that scalpers suck, but some are worse than others with their high mark-ups...

That being said, I will not pay more than $8 for a SW figure....

22. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Oh, I understand what you mean. I collected back in 98' and I did see some of the figs ya mentioned, but not many. And back then, I would have been.... hmmmm.... 15 years old. My family didn't support my Star Wars addiction, and I didnt have a job, or enough $$ to buy em' all. In fact all I got of the reallllly tough, collection 3, was Helmetless vader, and Capt. Piett. I had to resort to ebay for the rest the last couple of years. I dont feel I overpaid for those, because They were no longer available (unlike that d@mn luminari :( ) Even then, they were all under $9 (not including shipping) except for the Spacetrooper, and the Darktrooper. They went for $25-30 each. So I do agree. Sometimes buying from scalpers cant be helped, but at least "do it EBAY" because you can practically dictate your own price (through bidding) unlike these scalper stores we all hate, that charge fixed prices.

Well, thats my $.02 Jace

23. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    hahahaha this topic made me laugh so hard. I'm still waiting for the ephant mon wave to show up at retail. I scored one a wwhile back only by luck, but as cool a figure as it is I want a second and well as far as 03 stuff goes maybe I will just have to go EBAY . I'm definatly waiting for the han hoth IT was one of my favs as alittle boyo

24. SithapprenticeDJ

SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    I live in New Hamshire and I really want to get the Han Hoth figure because I think that one is awesome.The wal-mart in Derry NH had a bunch of the new figures but I lost my chance to get it because I went to see X-men 2 instead.I've been to a bunch of the stores around here and they don't have much for new figures.I do have a few of the new figures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.