main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga How do Boba Fett and other Star Wars characters fire weapons without using their hands?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ganesh Ujwal, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Ganesh Ujwal

Ganesh Ujwal Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2014
    In the Star Wars Universe, how does a bounty hunter (such as Boba Fett) use their gauntlet weapons without touching the buttons to launch it? For instance, they shoot wires/darts etc., but their hands are not seen near the button.

2. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Could be non-hand muscle flexion, vocal (or subvocal) commands, brain waves (?)...

3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Boba Fett does use his hand. I can't recall if Jango does, but if he doesn't, it's probably done through some subtle wrist or hand motion.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Similar to that rig Travis Bickle uses in Taxi Driver:

[​IMG]

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Jango uses his right hand to activate the flame thrower that he uses on Mace. But he doesn't use his hands for his jet pack missile, but I believe there's something in the helmet that would allow that, through the movement of his eyes or some such. Boba uses the same type of cable that Jango did to bind Luke as he did Obi-wan. Boba also attempts to activate a blaster on his wrist when Han hits his jet pack and sending him into the sail barge.

Straudenbecker likes this.
  6. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    I use to have the same question, till I saw AOTC, and looked at how advance their system were in clearer light, and just concluded that the helmet gave some sort of signal to the weaponry.