main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Do I become a Mod. (or something simular)

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by The Flying Dutchman, Dec 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    As a true FanForce Fans :) I'd love to keep an eye out for this place. But since I don't know how I can become a mod. I was hoping someone could tell me.

2. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    FanForce does not recognize moderators in the traditional sense. Instead moderators have been effectively replaced by City Representatives (CR's.) It is important for all City Representaive aspirants to understand that this role is inclusive of, but not exclusive to moderation of the city forums. While moderating is a key responsibility of CR's, the position has been greatly expanded.

City Representatives must be (first and foremost,) leaders -- capable of organizing and supporting an entire community of city-wide fans. As a CR, you are there to serve and represent your organization. You must garner their trust and their support. They have to believe that you can be called upon to represent them and TFN in any capacity.

A key point to understand is that CR's do not appoint themselves as such. In addition, FanForce Staff do not appoint moderators, either. As FanForce is essentially "for the fans, by the fans," we trust that CR's can, and will, be appointed by the cities themselves. We expect that this will stem from cities meeting together, planning activities together, and communicating on the forums together. FanForce cities will use these avenues to decide on a CR.

3. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    So If I'm correct if I could get enough ppl to vote for me I'm in...
    Love to be CR/Mod at the general European Forum and The Netherlands :)

4. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    That's exactly right! Be a teamplayer, motivate the others in your community to be involved, show enthusiasm...and the people in your community may want YOU to be their leader. :)

5. The Flying Dutchman

Jun 4, 2000
    So - pure hypothetical :) - I manage to get ppl to vote for what then? Should I be knocking on your door, or is it that Isimply name myselve a CR without being a Moderator?

6. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Just bribe them, Dutchman!

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    You might want to post a thread for CR nominations in your city's forum. That's how Indy named its CR before the move.

8. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Sorry, but it's not about votes or posts.

Again, please reference the FanForce FAQ.

FanForce is not about giving you some type of authority on the online forums. It is about leadership skills. It is about organizing a club in a PHYSICAL location. Plan some outings, help set up a club in your city, inspire others to follow you afterwards and give them reason - not words but actions - for having you represent their city to the world of Star Wars fandom.

Being a City Rep is not about charming people with your ability to type on a messageboard. It's the ability to serve and lead at the same time. If others - not you - see these quailities and would be willing to give you their loyalty, MAYBE you could be a City Rep. Maybe. :)

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That is for sure. If all you can do is type, and not lead, you wouldn't be a good CR.

And I have a question to the people incharge of FanForce: How do you get selected to be a CR? Does your forum vote on it or what?

10. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    this seems anti robot

11. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I wanna be a mod....

12. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    for your birthday

13. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    "A key point to understand is that CR's do not appoint themselves as such. In addition, FanForce Staff do not appoint moderators, either. As FanForce is essentially "for the fans, by the fans," we trust that CR's can, and will, be appointed by the cities themselves. We expect that this will stem from cities meeting together, planning activities together, and communicating on the forums together. FanForce cities will use these avenues to decide on a CR. - Mr. K"

Essentially, based on the above post, a CR is elected or voted on by a city's group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.