main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do I create a character to use in RPG?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jae_Bern, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jae_Bern

Jae_Bern Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2009
    I am totally new to the SWRPG and I need some instructions on how to exactly create a character. I understand about making a bio, but how do I find out or create the attributes of my character? What dice do I use and so on....

Please help as I am a moron to the d20 world...

2. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Do you have any idea as to what level the game you're creating a character is for?

Otherwise, I'll show you how to create a level 1 character. If you have a character concept in mind, it'll be easier if you tell me what it is.

3. Jae_Bern

Jae_Bern Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2009
    I bought the Force Unleashed Campaign. Not knowing more than a slight concept on how to play... I am new and thought the book would describe what to do. I would like to make a level 1 Human character. Can you direct me in how to do this? Sorry if my question is confusing.

4. Jae_Bern

Jae_Bern Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2009
    I will post this, but I hope you are tracking what exactly I am looking to find. I am looking to find how do I create a characters Abilities (Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma). What are the procedures in doing so?

Name: Jae Bern
    Race: Human
    Personality: The middle child of 4 siblings, Jae has a protector mentality. A thirst for adventure and action brings a sense of duty to Jae's life.
    Weapons:
    Bio: Born on the planet of Ossus to Ite and Mari Bern. Ite who is an Archaeologist and Mari who is a care giver.

Jedi apprentice?

**** this is not complete, but will give you a glimpse of who I am trying to create.****

5. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    I see your problem. You need the regular Star Wars RPG: Saga Edition book. It looks like this. What you have is a campaign guide, one of the supplemental books. It's a great book, it just assumes that you already have the core rulebook, which is sort of mandatory for all the other books. You can buy it for a reasonable price online, or pick it up at your favorite bookstore or Friendly Local Gift Shop. It's much harder for me to explain character creation if you don't have it, but I can try if you really want to (though seriously, it's all but unplayable unless you get the core rulebook).

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Hopefully you have a set of dice as well as a group to play with. There's no point in having a character if you can't play it.

If you have a group, the GM should have told you all this and helped with your character creation or they are not a very good GM.

7. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Or the GM is just getting started and has never had to break in a rookie before.

8. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    or he stumbled into an online game that is using the rules, but all his previous RPG experience is with the online diceless stuff.

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    If the GM is a rookie too, then they have more reasons to help players rather than less. There's nothing worse to hold up your game than someone who does not know how to play.

10. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Yes there is: someone who needs 5 minutes to munchkinize his turn every round. Talk about annoying and sandbagging the action. And when you have 2 such players with entirely opposing mindsets, tracking what they're thinking off can lead to severe headaches.

A rookie GM may not realize how much there is to learn, and, like any teacher, may be proceding from false assumptions of the knowledge gained/retained by the new players. Happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.