main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do I find stories of a specific type?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Lt_Jaina_Solo, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    How do I find stories of a specific type? Like, is there a search place or something? Or do I have go through millions of posts?

2. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    There are quite a few index threads around, but I don't know specifically how many or for what type of stories. Does anybody know if there's one thread with links to the indexes? If there isn't, putting one together might be a good idea.

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Julie the Fanfic Mod has one huge index of all fics on the board. She also maintains a monthly New Story Index, so you can link to either one from her profile page and peruse at your leisure.

4. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Here is the link to the Official Story Index. It is rather large, so if you have a slow modem it will take a while to load. Its just in order of date, but if you use your browser's Find option you can search for character names, etc. If you just want to see the most recent stories, May's list is still up for now May New Story Index, and June's has just started.

There are a variety of collections of specific types of stories (like Ani/Ami, Luke/Mara, etc). Scroll through the pages and watch for the word databank and you'll find them.

5. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Thanks, everyone!!!!! :)

6. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Also, there is stuff like the Ani/Ami databank and I believe a Luke/Mara one as well, the former being run by StarBlazer who has a website with links to the stories.

-Tim

7. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I think I'm picking up you're a Jaina/Jag fan. ;) You're just in luck, a J/J index has just started up!

Jaina/Jag Fanfic Index

Enjoy!
    *SB*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.