How do I start a FanForce Chapter in my area?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Zedd-Vega, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I live on the border of Ohio and West Virginia and there is not a FanForce Chapter close enough to my location that I could take time out of my yearly schedule to visit.

How would I go about starting one in my community?
  2. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Find two other interested people and have them post here and we'll get the ball rolling.
  3. DarthBane77 Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Kenobi-Negotiator Jedi Knight

star 1
    Heh, I guess I am good for it to. Though I am late.
  5. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awesome.

How many more people until this starts to get organized?
  6. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I'll check everyone out and make sure people are still interested. What city, state, would this be for?
  7. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hi Zedd-Vega,

I started a ff in my area over the summer. I organized the first event which was a picnic and passed out fliers to comic shops, movie theaters, and anywhere else I could. I posted on FF.net, very important, I only had 5 people show up but we just had our 3rd meeting making us official, and we are up to 10 members now and growing. My University newspaper did an article on our ff last week and it turned out great. Our FF will also sponser a star wars saga weekend in January, I will post on this soon. Just start your first meeting and the rest will fall into place, its worth it.--pacervader
  8. Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry for my prolonged absence, I was predisposed with other arrangements.

This would be for St. Clairsville, Ohio.

And thank you for the kind advice and congrats on your FF in your area pacervader.

I do hope everyone is still interested.
  9. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hi Zedd-Vega,
    I hope plans are going well for a FF in your area. Our ff has been going since last summer and we are up to 31 members now with a very active forum and we have held several charity fundraisers and community events. Its been fun and I have had the pleasure of meeting many great sw fans. Bottom line, keep plugging away at it, it will happen. Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in anyway. pv
  10. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    No idea where St. Clairsville is...but "hello there" on behalf of The Jedi Knights of Cleveland!

That's the biggest thing to keep in mind, stick with it and people will get involved. My group has grown from a handful of people to where we just had 25+ people attend a meeting/cookout today (and that was with alot of people with schedule conflicts)

Once you get your local group established, check with DarthClerical and the Columbus FF, as well as Cincy and Black Swamp Squadron (Toledo/NW Ohio) We're trying to get our regional summer cookout going, sometime in late July...be a good time to meet the neighbors!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.