main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do I switch action figure heads?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by RogueWompRat, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Hey, Im plannin to switch the heads on the smiling Mace Windu deluxe action fig and the screaming "Geonosian Escape" one. anyone have any any tips on how to do this?

2. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, I've never tried it personally, But the technique I know of is the "Pop & Boil" method ;)

You boil the figure & the plastic softens & the head pops off :) Do the same & switch heads ;)

You might want to try a Customs site to get the Exact instructions :)

I'm too afraid to try it myself [face_blush] :)

3. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    most figures work with the boil and pop. however, you dont want to rush it and break the neck post. the way i do it is, put wanter in the microwave for about 5 min, then stick the figure in for about 4 min. gentley ( with a towel it will be HOT) just rip it out. its harder to put a head on then it is to get off

4. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Thanx! Cux I mean, with the pose Mace is in in the deluxe fig, youed think he'd be screaming instead of smiling.

5. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I'm too afraid to try it myself
    same here! i was even shaking when i painted my clone troopers!

personaly, i would not waste my time with maces, both figures are horrible and not worth the effort. I want a good, well articulated mace!
    and there are a few other characters that need a real good model too.
    I mean, hes the second most powerful jedi and hes the second to last articulated saga figure!

6. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Ah, foolish, foolish Kenner...
    they had to come up with the idea of welding the torso halves together, sealing the head in, thus making it so hard to remove and swap.
    Now Hasbro, on the other hand...
    when they created the G.I.*Joe: A Real American Hero line in the '80s, they came up with the customizer's dream:
    A figure held together by a single screw in the back. Take the screw out... boom! Instant parts for customizing! :D
    If only Hasbro would put that design feature into the Star Wars figures....
    but if they did that, I'm sure the "purists" would get all uppity and endlessly bi?¢h about it all across the internet. [face_plain]

7. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Since I never got the Kellogg's exclusive, I once switched the head of a Stormtrooper with that of Han Solo. I used a knife and hot glue....and dang it was so hard to do. Then I carved the Stormtrooper head into a mask for Han to wear. Don't ever do it like that because it takes forever.

8. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    'I'm too afraid to try it myself "

Me too. I've never wanted too but the whole process seems very unnerveing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.