main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC how do people afford tattoos

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    So.... on topic.
    I ended up destroying my appetite for dipping tobacco when I gave up nicotine for Lent. The money I've saved so far is going to go towards a sleeve. It's slow going though because I was always able to meter my usage to a tin ($7) every four or five days.

2. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    But don't you ever look at the money and feel bad then pay your student loans instead with it?

a star war likes this.
  3. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    I'd be the walking dead without the caffeine.

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Well, same here. I prefer caffeine in my coffee, but others don't. Why judge people based on what they drink?

5. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    STARKILLER UNLESS YOU WANT BURNING CAFFEINE IN YOUR FACE GET THEE TO THE COFFEE THREAD

6. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    What's the point of a carmel brûlée latte? Seriously that is the lamest coffee ever. It's like a warm caramel milkshake. My 7 year old drinks carmel brûlée latte's. Do you have an umbrella with a cherry with it? Cute and adorable.

7. StarKiller81

Nov 19, 2014
    It tastes quite good and even if it were for kids, it certainly wouldn't be the first thing I like that was made for kids and I'm not ashamed of that at all. I am enjoying the joint effort of attack though. It's like five flies bugging me instead of one. Still futile.

8. LostOnHoth

Feb 15, 2000
    That's good. But why waste money on lame syrupy quasi-coffee? When you grow up try some proper coffee. You won't go back plus much better investment. Much better. It's unconscionable to pretend to love coffee but drink syrupy milky frothy toddler stuff.

harpua and yankee8255 like this.
  9. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm not attacking you I just want to hear about what I posted the thread on from people who the thread applies to thats all

10. StarKiller81

Nov 19, 2014
    That's cool. Not including you. So.. I have cousin who has many tattoos that don't look bad. I know she can't be making a ton of money but she has them. Clearly many people are addicted to the process. I've always wondered if some people get them to try to feel more complete. Or maybe they're using them to fill some perceived void in the way people try to escape with sex, drugs, gambling, et cetera. Obviously it's just a fashion thing for some hipsters though.

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You're kinda (really) judgmental, aren't you?

12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    If they were wise they'd try to do that by posting in the section of a Star Wars forum that doesn't allow you to talk about Star Wars, huh?

13. StarKiller81

Nov 19, 2014
    I was just speculating. I have a hard enough time expressing myself in person. This format can be harder for me. My brain may not filter like yours. I am not saying anything to be unkind. I am always curious about the world around me. I'm noticing this isn't a very good format or welcoming place for me to try and communicate with others.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

To be fair, you moved from one of the least-deadly places on Earth to one of the most-deadly places on Earth, which also lacks squirrels... sooooooooo... :p

Also, this thread is lol...

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  15. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001

I miss squirrels. :(

PRENNTACULAR and Healer_Leona like this.
  16. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I can appreciate that. I was mostly just teasing. You're fine in my book.

17. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    seems every second person is on the spectrum around here

18. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    No student loans, paid my way through community college by going a bit slower and working full time during it.

Only-One Cannoli likes this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    In the worst case scenario, he's lying. I'm not sure what significance it would have. Either way he's expressing regret about how he came off, and backing away from the idea that he was disparaging anyone. That seems to be the most salient point.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Wait, so you accept this from a random internet stranger but not from Hillary Clinton... good to know! :p

21. LostOnHoth

Feb 15, 2000
    Well it's always refreshing to know when someone is being an accidental ****wit rather than being a ****wit on purpose.

22. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    **** it, we're a pack of strays anyway. Taking a pop at tom because he doesn't use caps was not your finest hour, because if you can see past that, he's usually the one round here who makes the most sense.

You'll either find your place within the forum (eventually), or you won't. Be yourself, and let the Darwinism take its course.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  23. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    It's ok, anyway. Leoluca Randisi harvests all of the capital letters tom doesn't use, loads them into a blunderbuss and splatters them across the forum.

The net result is a beautifully chaotic balance.

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, it wasn't even so much that he made a remark about tom not using capitals. It was that he seems to think that tom forgets to capitalize. Every time?

25. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    tom's the miles davis of forum posting - knowing all the rules on grammar, but breaking them anyway.