main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do the Fetts activate their jetpacks? :D

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Does anyone know?
    Via voice control, pushing a button on the
    wrist bands or is there a tab on their hands?
    We never really saw what Jango or Boba
    did to start it.
    In ROTJ Boba puts his hands in the air and goes off.

What`s their secret?

2. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    I would guess through verbal commands that the helmet filters out of the external speakers. There doesn't seem to be any repeated physical action like press a button on the gauntlet or anything for either Fett.

3. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I would have to concur and say that it is some type of voice command.
    We dont see Boba press anything on his guantlets or the Jetpack itself when he uses his in RotJ and the same goes with Jango in AotC.

In the AotC DVD Audio Commentary, George says that you can see sparks coming from Jango's jetpack right before Mace slices his head off. Those sparks are from Jango trying to turn on his jetpack (he was firing his gun and both hands were clearly visible in front) which didn't work because of his altercation with the Reek.

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I hope the verbal command is "To infinity - and beyond!"

Sitara likes this.
  5. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Anyway, Jango usually uses two blasters, so he wouldn't be able to activate it manually...and Boba usually carries his rifle in two hands...

6. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Verbally is probably a good guess. Or maybe he has switch in his gloves or by his wrist that by movement of a certain joint triggers the activation of the jetpack.

7. atomik

Jul 28, 2001
    Similar to the way Spiderman shoots web?

8. Koala3K

Koala3K Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    I think that NiktosRule has the best idea, and yes, it would probably be like Spider-Man.

I can't really imagine a Fett giving verbal commands to start the jetpack-- it just seems kind of silly.

Whatever causes the jetpack to fire up, though, can't be a signal through a wire, because we've all seen how easily that jetpack comes off, and there don't seem to be any wires that are attached to it. But then again, the flamethrower in the rocket suit gets fuel from the jetpack, and that's done through a hose.

Whatever. I think that probing too deep into this subject would spoil some fun.

--Koala3K

9. Trojan_Sock

Trojan_Sock Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    "To infinity - and beyond!" [face_laugh]

However it's done. Has anyone ever noticed that no good has ever come to a Fett after using a jetpack?

AOTC
    Coruscant - The lone exception, unless you count the fact that he was traced by his death dart

Kamino - Jango uses jetpack, gets thrown into ground by jetpack, and almost falls off into ocean afterwards

Geonisis - Jango uses jetpack, gets run over, and then....well, you know ;)

ROTJ
    Tatooine - Boba uses jetpack to get on skiff, Han Solo reactivates jetpack, sends Boba into pleasure barge, and ultimately into sarlacc.

Jetpacks just aren't worth the trouble, ya know? ;)

BTW, I think it works when you hit it with a really big stick :D , or when Lucas pushes the button. ("Lights, camera, action.....and launch!")

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    'Star Wars Fact Files' issue #60 did a writeup on Jango's armor, including the jetpacks (he has different models so he can easily replace one that is lost or damaged). The article states: "The main control console was located on one of Jango's forearm panels. However, it often happened that Jango had his hands full (of weapons) when he needed to ignite the jets, and so a verbal control interface was included in the bounty hunter's helmet. With just a word, Jango could be up and away".

11. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    In the Boba Fett story found in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, he uses his tounge to try and activate a jetpack switch inside his helmet while trapped in the Sarlacc (he fails, however, because the thing isn't working)

12. atomik

Jul 28, 2001
    "he uses his tounge to try and activate a jetpack switch"
    Although I'm not disagreeing with the source, I find that very silly 8-}

"Han Solo reactivates jetpack"
    Yeah I forgot about that. So if there is a switch on his gauntlets and/or helmet and/or voice commands, there is definetly a switch on his jetpack for it as well.

[image=http://www.wipmolen.nl/FILMS/HistoryFilms/Star_Wars_II/karakters/boba_fett.jpg]
    It's gotta be the little cirlce button near the bottom.

13. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    I have a really obscene theory about this, but it's not something you'd want kids to read. I won't post it. However, if your interested PM me... 8-}

14. Kwenn

Mar 30, 2001
    I think I can guess what that theory is...and it isn't about Fett using his tounge to activate the jetpack, is it? ;)

15. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Heh heh, no. ;) ;)

16. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Well...without getting into that too much...surely that's a pretty unreliable way to activate a jetpack?

I mean, what if it's really cold...or what about when Leia's in the slave outfit, he'd be uncontrollably zooming around the room...

17. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    actually from my understanding, the pack is activated the same way dorothy got home, Jango or Boba clicks their heels together 3 times :D

Besides the obvious button on the Jet pack (as seen when Han Solo accidently activated the Jet Pack) I was under the impression that each Jet Pack owned has different operating procedures. One may have a tongue activation system, another has a cerbal command operating system etc.

18. Trojan_Sock

Feb 27, 2003
    ...and Boba just happened to be wearing the version that's activated by a good whack with a stick :D

19. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    JANGO: Wait!

OBI-WAN: Umm, yes?

JANGO: Give my jet pack a good wack!

OBI-WAN: Come again?

JANGO: Well see, I got this really cool move I'm going to do, but I need my jet pack to do it, and these things only go off with a good thump to the casing.

OBI-WAN: Umm, sure... *Obi-Wan bangs his saber handle against the pack, sending Jango into the air*

JANGO: *While flying around and blasting at Obi-Wan* Damn decent of you! See? It really is a pleasuee to meet a Jedi!

20. Trojan_Sock

Feb 27, 2003
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

"Come Again?" [face_laugh]

Why can I totally see this happening!?! :D

21. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Hehe, yeah the Leia-Gold-bikini complicates things doesn't it? On the other had, it might explain why it got accidentally activated in ROTJ.

22. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Except...he was looking at Luke at that moment...:eek:

23. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Eeewww!! He was? SICK!

24. lil_jedi_blondie

lil_jedi_blondie Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    "Go, Go, Gadget Jet Pack"

That was how I always thought of it.

Or maybe Jango and Boba are really in league with the sith and use the force to activate it.

25. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    There is an Activation Matrix on that they push but we never see them press it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.