main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do we find/contact each other once in Indianapolis?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Grand Moff Joker, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    While reading through all these threads about arrival days, get-togethers, parties, and other events... this just hit me: How are we going to find/contact/stay in touch with each other once we're all in Indianapolis? We're all arriving at different times on different days and are staying in different places.

Any ideas?

2. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Well some of us could exchange cell phone numbers. That worked out pretty good at DragonCon when we met up with the Hothlanta Rebels, not to mention that's how we kept track of each other with such a large place...lol

Maybe not post the numbers out in the public, but send PM.

3. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Once we have hotel rooms assigned, we can phone each other by name and room #. Also, there's supposed to be some sort of bulletin board in the "member's lounge" for the purpose of people posting notes about meeting up.

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    We will also have a Fanforce table where everyone can meet.

5. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Yeah, the FF table should end up being party central.

!snap

6. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    There's been some talk of name tags and such on starwars.com boards (and here, I think...). I think I'll go ahead and make a badge with my pic of me & Chewie on it.

[image=http://www.themooksrealm.homestead.com/files/meandchewie_tfn.jpg]

Look for me! :D

7. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    Yeah, I really hope somebody runs with the name badge idea. If I was better with graphic design, I'd work something up pretty fast. Something like the headers/borders of the Jedi Council Forums around a little rectangle of white where we could print our usernames would work just fine.

8. vadersfist

Jan 25, 2001
    Joker, this guy has a name tag project goin'.

Click.

Edit: This board really needs to automatically activate links. :mad:

9. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Vadersfist,
    DUDE!! YOU ROCK!! Thanks for advertising my little nametags that I'd made. It seems to be catching on both in here and on the SW forums. I printed mine up today and lamintated it at Kinko's. (I put each picture on opposite side, and it looks REALLY good!)

For those who haven't checked it out, here's the link to my webpage for the nametags that I made up. Hope you all like them.

http://www.geocities.com/mrskinnee/celebration.html

John

10. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I think name tags are a great Idea.

The fanforce table may be party central but we need more people to sign up to man/woman it.

11. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    TFN should get one of their people to make a name tag with

User Name(TFN User name)
    Real Name
    and Planet (hotel in another thread)

And a nice TheForce.net logo, just put it somewhere so people like us can print it out on sticker paper and put it on our costumes or clothes. This would also help with the FanForce party, then we could see who is what user and see what all of you look like.

12. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I know that I'm going to make up some business cards on my computer that have my hotel and room # printed on them. Should make things a little easier, rather than trying to write down my information to a bunch of different people.

John

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Fan Force table should be the hub for meeting people, but also keep in mind in the "Fan Club Lounge" there will be a bulletin board for people to pin notes and what not for other people. That will probably be pretty cluttered with non-FF people, so it's probably still best to use the FF table.

14. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *coughsFanForcePartycoughs*

Yeh I'd say that the Fan Force table would be the best place to meet up, honestly.

15. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    Use the Force Moff.... ;)

Nah, but seriously... I think the FanForce Party(which I will be attending) will be a great way to meet others who post here!

16. DarkGuri

DarkGuri Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    There are always cell phones and room #'s, but roaming charges are expensive sometimes. Anjie, Jason & I are all bringing our little Motorola Walkie talkies. You know the ones that have like a 2 mile radius and you can put on one of many different channel. Well, for anyone else bringing one, we can have a preset channel, like 12.5 and we can be in contact in the hotel and during the celebration. I will have a few extras to loan out as well. Just a thought!

=Guri=

17. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Well I've only been posting here since March (sadly I only recently discvered this site, which I now find hard to believe since it's so immense) but I hope that I too can be welcomed with open arms as I meet a lot of you guys/girls. The FanForce table does sound like a good place to meet up with people and coordinate things. But honestly, the closer it gets to May, the more intimidated I become. Obviously I'm excited, but DAMN! 35+ celebrities/actors now?!? GOOD LORD!! ::poops pants in anticpation::

John

18. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    Not a smart idea to post your phone # on a public forum.

Edited by MysterySith

19. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    What's that for Katy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.