main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do we know there are Jedi who survive aside from the ones on Geonosis?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by CieSharp, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    How do we know there are Jedi who survive aside from the ones on Geonosis?

Someone I know who is thoroughly annoying (Comic Book Guy annoying) insists that there are no other Jedi left aside from the ones who are seen surviving Geonosis and 1-2 council scenes afterward. They hate EU. Anyone here know the truth?

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I don't know the entire truth and that reason is because the movie never gives us absolute numbers. We honestly don't know the total number of living Jedi in the galaxy. The only thing we know for sure is what the OS tells us regarding the Geonosis survivors. But that list excludes living and active Jedi not at the battle.

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    The AOTC novel says that there were only 200 Jedi who were avalible to go to Geonosis.There are thousands more throughout the Galaxy. :)

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There were around 9000 Jedi in the galaxy at the time, and only 200 went to Geonosis.

5. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Thanks for the responses, all :)

Somehow I knew that there were 9000 Jedi left aside from the ones that went to Geonosis. Where can I find this number in a non-EU source? Was it in Lucas's commentary of AOTC?

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Anything that is not in the movies is EU, so you're out of luck. But it doesn't matter if it's EU or movies; it's still Star Wars.

7. Kit_Fistos_Padawan

Kit_Fistos_Padawan Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2003
    Isn't that there is 200 jedi living at the Jedi Temple for emergancy - I think I spelt it wrong...who cares

8. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    There are still a lot of Jedi left. There were many of them that were of on missions.

9. Twilek_Moi

Twilek_Moi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    And ofcourse, if there were only 20 Jedi left in teh end of EpII, there would be no Jedi left to kill in EpIII, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.