main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you create your own site?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    I've been wondering of how to create my own site. Can anyone help?

The Guardian of Arlon

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    What kind of site are you looking to create? A web page? :confused:

3. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    My own personel web page, yeah.

4. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Go to one of the many sites around that offer free web hoasting, such as geocities or angelfire, and I am sure there are several others, or pay for your site by going to a site like lunarpages (thats what I use). Then, code your site. There are a number of programs or classes you can take at a local community college to learn how to do this, and a number of free web sites or books you can purchase that would also teach you how to do this.

Assuming you have done all that, if your question is "How do I make a star wars fan site?" well, its simple.

Step 1.) Find a concept for your site. This is the phase where you plan your site. What do you want your site to do? What do you want to have on your site? When you do this, think about the time committment it would take to do what you need to do, and make sure you pick a site concept that is within the scope of your abilities and free time. Also keep in mind that the more unique your site is, the more likely it is to become popular.

Step 2.) Build the site. This is where you enter the code and all that and create the actual site.

Step 3.) Pimp your site. This is where you promote your site on forums such as this and elsewhere, to let people know about your site so they will visit it.

Pretty simple...

5. floacist

floacist Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2007
    ^ What they said.

I think the best way to go is blogger.com. Now, LiveJournal is also good, especially community wise, but I'd choose Blogger in terms of more clean cut-right to the point...personal blogging.

6. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    On that note, there's a lot that can be done with WordPress as well. :)

Welcome to the forum Arlon! Enjoy your stay. :D

7. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    If you don't have time to learn HTML Code, you can always use something like Yahoo! Small Business for webhosting, and use their Sitebuilder or Pagebuilder programs. You can still use HTML if you want, but you can also use pre-made graphics with a click-n-drag technique.

8. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    If you have a host and domain of your own, then I suggest using Mambo. It's probably one of the best web content management softwares out there. It's awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.