main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania How do you deal with annoying people who talk in movies?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE, Aug 10, 2005.

?

How do you deal with annoying people who talk in movies?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Throw something at them

11.1%
  2. Say nothing, but glare at them

11.1%
  3. move somewhere else, very Un -subtle like!

5.6%
  4. Yell at them

27.8%
  5. Shhhosh them constantly

22.2%
  6. I, myself talk in movies and must die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Get an usher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. wee on them

22.2%
  9. Talk very loudly until they turn around, and glare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. leave and ask for a refund

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    We all hate them. I've been hit with them very frequently lately like its a new fad. I could kill some of these people! Any Stories guys??????

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I tell them to shut up, very loudly. Noone has ever continued talking through the film after that...

3. marajadzia

marajadzia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    i'm a shoosher

i usually say can you please be quiet hoping that by bringing attention to them they will be embarrassed and shut up sadly this strategy rarely works

4. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    these people are freaks. They don't care!

S_M, I've shouted that on one occasion asnd they spoke louder and louder until it ended up in fisticuffs!

It was during the Matrix back in 99!

5. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    I do both of these:

Say nothing, but glare at them & move somewhere else, very Un -subtle like!

My days off are mainly weekdays, and I like to go to the cinema, especially then, as they are not crowded. Yet, without fail, in practically an empty cinema, I will still get someone sit either directly in front of me, or directly behind me. It is so frustrating! Empty cinema... I must be a magnet for these people. :(

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I refuse to move if someone is talking, they can either shut the hell up or move themselves. If they want to talk, they can go outside, if they really want to push the issue, I'll go outside with them.

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Depending on the situation, and if I'm armed, I'll either glare at them, throw something at them, [face_shhh] them or wait until Soup yells at them. I won't move out of my seat though because generally we, ok Soup, fight our way to the back row and snag the middle seats.

8. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Does anyone find that this kind of activity is on the grow??? I mean, it used to happen once in a while, bu EVERY TIME without fail I will have an annoying jackass. And Yes even if they are the only other people in the cinema, they will sit right near us!!!!!
    :mad:

9. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I took my smallest BB-Gun to The Matrix Reloaded...everyone was quiet so I didn't need it. But the audio system was ****ed so I got a refund anyhow ;)

10. Le_Sammler

Mar 21, 2005
    I have also had people lately, who will take their seats, sit through ALL the ads and trailers, and the movie is just about practically starting (ie: studio logo, title credits), and *then* they decide they have to get up and go to the candy bar!

Why don't these stupid people purchase food / drinks when they buy their tickets like everyone else, or if not that, get them during the ads / trailers?

11. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    god yeah. Some chick in a movie was sitting next to us with her friend drinking red wine that STUNK!!!! and they wouldn't stop laughing innappropriately!!!!!

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Noisy eaters. I cannot stand noisy eaters!

13. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I'll generally sit there stewing until they really crap me off. Then I'll turn around and say "Could you guys shut up, we're trying to watch a movie."

I can't recall an instance where anyone didn't shut up after that.

Might be the fact that I'm generally so pissed off by that point that my next move will be strangling them.

14. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    If they're in front of me, I would kick their chair. If they are behind me, I'd move behind them. If they're in the back row...well, all plans have faults. If they're bigger than me, and look like they could beat the living cr@p out of me (say...like Sith) then I'd let them talk. But Sith wouldn't talk in a film, as he has etiquette not to, so we're back to square one. If they're in front of me...

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    I hate laser pointers! So often someone **** ******* brings a laser pointer in and thinks he's cool.
    EVERYTIME that's happened I've allowed the person a few times to just get bored but eventualy I say the same thing out loud, out VERY loud...
    "**** OFF WITH THE LASER!!!"

It's worked 100% of the time, not so much because of my threat, but because you always get half a dozen over people in the cinema yell out stuff along the line of "Yeah! **** off ya ****!"

:)

Bloody bastards.

16. Le_Sammler

Mar 21, 2005
    And then there is the old classic mobile phone. After 10+ years, people still haven't worked it out to turn them off in the cinema.

17. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    Weren't mobiles ten years ago about as big as the cinema...? :p

18. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Yes, I voted WEE ON THEM... but I'm only taking the Pi$$. [face_dancing]

To me, the crowd noise is part of going to a theatre. I'm not a talker myself, but I like to take it all in, to get the true vibe of the cinema. There's much to be said for the shared experience. If it's a movie I really like, chances are I'll be seeing it again anyway. So I'm not worried about missing out on anything. I do however, draw the line at conversations that have nothing to do with the movie. That's when I actually might be inclined to really 'Wee On Them'.

19. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Yes, you do have to expect some crowd noise, a particular film might even have the audience cheering, a funny moment might have the whole cinema burst into laughter, that's all fine. I'm reasonably certain what we're all talking about is the people who go in and start talking about other things, the ever so popular "Watch this bit, the killer is actually her husband." or similar, or mobile phone users.

My biggest peeve however is small children and babies. Don't get me wrong, if I go see Shrek or something on a Saturday afternoon, I should expect children, who aren't the quietest demographic for an audience, in the cinema, but I'm talking about the inconsiderate louts who take infants in with them to screenings in the evenings, to loud action films and the like where the spawn is guaranteed to start whining through the film. What's worse is that these asshats think they don't have to get up to see to their child, and leave it screaming with them in the cinema.

I'm sorry, but if you want to breed, you're going to have to miss out on certain things in life, you should also consider that if you can't afford a babysitter while you go to the cinema, then you probaly can't afford to have children.

The introduction of parents with babies sessions for films doesn't seem to have helped this at all, there is still usually some jerk with a screaming brat in around a quarter of my trips to the cinema. It's just bloody rude.

20. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    A baby **** its pants in front of us once. Well it was a toddley actually.
    Not only did the baby not shut the **** up, but he stank out the hole place and I just had to leave.
    ****ing parents.

Past tense swearing is still swearing.

21. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I've had people who's mobile has rang.... Fine turn it off quickly, you moron!.... BUT NO! THEY ACTUALLY ANSWERED THE PHONE AND STARTED TALKING!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...... oh, Hawk how are ya??

22. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    Perhaps hit them wirht a parsnip...or better yet, an okra. They won't know what hit them. ;)

23. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Hmmmm CLE-VER!
    a can of Lynx and a ciggie lighter may do the trick....
    FLAME ON!

24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I normally say, "Please shut the **** up" really politely and look at them, smiling, until they do.

E_S

25. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I just wish it didn't happen so frequently!!!! It's happeneing every time I go to the Moofies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.