main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How do you discern which Canon lit you buy?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Maythe14thBeWithYou, Sep 13, 2016.

1. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Not quite that patient! As long as I get the whole of an individual arc I get by but reading on an issue by issue basis, especially with the ocassional schedule slip, is just a real struggle. It's not so much the length of it as much as getting a story with a three act structure whereas individual issues tend to be (obviously, and understandably) one part out of five or six.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    All of the adult novels, the YA novels as appropriate (some far superior to some adult ones -cough-Aftermath-cough-). Also, all the Marvel TPB collections as they come out, which was an agonizing choice as I wanted to do single issues but the cost is too darn high esp when I was going to get the TPB collections anyway.

3. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015
    I'm a few issues behind on comics (Poe 6, Han 3, SW 22), and I haven't gotten around to picking up Insider 168 for the new Blade Squadron story, but otherwise, I've collected it all thus far.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Joe Kalicki

Joe Kalicki Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2014
    I'm trying to get everything with new material plus the film novelizations, so basically only skipping the Rebels junior book novelizations (except for the first one). I'm a little behind, but I don't think anything's really slipped through the cracks yet.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I pick whichever looks interesting to me.

6. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    I don't get Insider, but I am hoping they'll eventually collect those short stories in novel format eventually.

7. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    I buy everything with the exception of the Junior novels. The first Empire book failed to impress me, and I haven't pick up any of that series or the Wild space books. Everything else I've got though.

Edit: I don't get insider either. Hoping for a collection.

8. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I apply the same "what to read" rule to the canon that I did for Legends - except for the comics which I read everything, I go for stuff that I find interesting. I may make exceptions for something that is generally considered to be of great quality, but I had no interest to pick up initially. Case in point Bloodline.

9. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm just going to buy it all. The good, the bad. The light, the dark. All of it.

At least that's how I feel as of now, having read all the current released books (except for the junior novels) and most of the comics. I've liked almost all of it and have yet to come across anything I don't want to own.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.