main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC How do you feel about disney owning Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by SatineNaberrie, Mar 3, 2015.

?

How do you feel on Disney owning Star Wars?

1. Dislike

50.0%
  2. Like

16.7%
  3. Mixed feelings

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Now that some time has passed since Disney has bought Star Wars, what are your thoughts on them owning it?

Do you dislike it?
    Love it?
    Mixed feelings?

Did your feelings on it change? Did you hate it at first and have now warmed up to it?

I didn't like Disney owning Star Wars when I first heard it. I still don't like it honesty, but have some mixed feelings.

The dislikes

I don't like Disney as a company for various reason and its not all to do with their movies. (Greed)

I don't want Star Wars to be watered down to be kiddy. The canceled Clone Wars and gave us an inferior looking show. Why not have stuff appeal to older fans?
    J.K Rowlings Harry Potter books grew up with readers. As the story when on it became more mature.
    Star wars can do something similar.
    I have concerns that they will try squeeze money out of SW at the expense of creativity.

The likes

Old EU gets sweep aside. I didn't care for many of the books. I am glad that we're getting material in OT and I hope its good. I prefer it over Rebels and probably episode 7 as after ROTJ doesn't interest me, which is my personal preference.

Potential

The possible of movies that we probably wouldn't get if Lucas didn't sell
    Perhaps they will be diverse and give different movies to appeal to the different taste of fans.

2. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I know Disney can be hit or miss with there live action films, but I do like Disney owning star wars. They seem to know that they can't drop the ball on this, plus I thought they have been doing well with the marvel movies, which I enjoy.

3. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    I really dislike it. I have no confidence in Disney's ability to make worthwhile stories congruent with the current saga. I have no confidence in Disney making interesting stories outside of Star Wars either. The idea of spin-offs seem even more unnecessary than the idea of the ST--and I really have trouble justifying the existence of the ST. I am not happy with the decisions made so far, from the ones handling Star Wars(JJ, etc) to the trailer...It seems already more about money making and less about quality storytelling.

There is one thing I'll say in favor of this whole thing though. 'Lawrence Kasdan, you are my only hope...'

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I'll wait until I see TFA. I am pretty much ignoring the tv shows and most of the comics and books.

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I would have been perfectly fine with the whole thing if they hadn't cancelled TCW. It would have been great to have some new films, but I would rather have closure to all the plot threads left dangling.

6. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    I like that we're getting new movies but when it comes to the Expanded Universe, some of the stuff they came out with is either really good or really bad. I enjoy the new comics Marvel publishes, the Tarkin novel and everything coming out afterward looks promising, we're finally getting Battlefront 3 after all these years but out of all the good stuff coming our way, some of it just doesn't work for me. I don't like how they rendered certain EU stories non-canon and refusing to follow up on them. I can understand taking out everything after Return of the Jedi since there wouldn't be that much of a story to tell with Episode 7 but taking out everything else was a mistake. Stories like Knights of the Old Republic, Dark Horse's Republic series, and Shadows of the Empire shouldn't interfere with the movies and if I were working for Disney, I'd examine the EU carefully to determine which stories should fit in with the new canon and what shouldn't. I also didn't like TCW and Rebels that much (Yes I know TCW wasn't made by Disney but due to it's goofy tone and Disney recognizing it as canon, it might as well be a Disney show). They try too hard to appease younger kids and they feel like parodies of Star Wars rather than something the qualifies as a legitimate Star Wars cartoon. The only way to determine whether Disney's accusation of Star Wars was worth it is to see how Episode 7 fares, if they can capture the spirit of the old movies with this new trilogy, then there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.