main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq How do you feel about long trips???

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by stromtrooper1982, Aug 9, 2005.

?

How do you feel about long trips???

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. I love to drive, I like trying to look like I'm in nascar

37.5%
  2. I like flying. I feel like superman

12.5%
  3. I hate driving my butt likes to fall asleep

37.5%
  4. I hate flying, Leave it for the birds...

6.3%
  5. You mean there other states other that New Mexico?!?!?!

6.3%
  6. You say I can drive over the border and don't need a passport?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stromtrooper1982

stromtrooper1982 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    Since I just got back from mine and my butt needs a good week to get out of acoma It fun but after 27 hours of driving it gets realy old quick. [face_sick] But I'm back now and its time for some fun on the boards.

James

2. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm all about flying. I love it!! As long as the flight is under 6 hours. Long flights can get a little boring.

3. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Especially when you're flying back from London and the in-flight movie is "Junior." I almost killed myself.

4. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    man, that's terrible. Sorry to hear that Scott.

5. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Flying is the way for me! Scott...fly British Airways.....in Club World (Business Class) You have several choices as movies go! You wont get stuck with Junior!

6. TDroid81

TDroid81 Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2005

After this last road trip, my next vacation we will fly! The only way I would drive again is if we have more time then what we did. With all my extra padding you wouldnt think my butt would hurt but it does. And when i wasn't driving i would get bored and do nothing but sleep and then wake up feeling even more tired then before. I-)

7. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate flying! I try to only fly for emergencies, if I have a short time to get somewhere or if its overseas. And when I fly overseas I only want to fly business class - man, its so much fun! With all the movies to distract you from the fact that you are in a large steel tube with no ability to espace if it deciedes for some reason to drop like a large steel tube from the sky.

So, Iw ill drive, I like car trips been on many of them but now a days I am preferring to have someone else in the car because I need the interaction - thank the gods for cell phones.

8. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Thanks for the tip, but next time I'm driving there.

On the way over, we took Virgin Atlantic. They had a great setup for in-flight entertainment, but I couldn't take advantage because the Muslim guy next to me talked my ear off about Allah and the Koran for most of the flight. Very nice guy from Florida. This was before 9-11, so I hope he hasn't been getting crapped on too bad since then. He doesn't deserve it.

9. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Some friends and I dropped acid the summer of 1983 at the US Festival tripped for like 4 day's that was a hell of a trip. or a long ride.:cool:[face_monkey]

10. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I would love flying if the seats weren't designed for small Japanese women. (How's that for racist and sexist all in the same sentence?) If they would take a few Texas hillbillies and measure everything for them, I'd fly... just to fly. Oh, and movie selections. What's that little screen on the seat in front of you for, anyway?!

Me, I'm a drivin' man. I like to roll down the windows, crank the stereo up with some rockin' road jams and fly, fly, fly. I like watching the scenery. I like the different 'feel' of the regions you pass through, especially, when I'm driving from like Tennessee to New Mexico. Man, I hit Santa Rosa, and it starts feeling like home, and I can leave all those crackers and their oily bifaciality behind me and I can breathe the air and see the sky and say it like it is. God, I love New Mexico! And, well, now that I think about it... every state from here to the Pacific coast. I love it all!

11. DarthJen91

DarthJen91 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2005
    I hate flying. Terrified of it...well actually its not the flying so much as the chance of falling from the sky, and that sudden stop at the bottom. I can fly if I need to but I'm sooooo much happier when my feet are on the ground.

12. darth_of_nm

darth_of_nm Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2005
    I endure them well.

I use to love the feel of the open road, before taking a traveling salesmans job and driving about 1,000 to 2,000 miles a week.

although they are a great way to enjoy audio books during the trip.

I highly recomend the Harry Potter audios. Jim Dale has excellent range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.