main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL How do you feel on this issue?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Ok guys, I must be honest, my presence on the boards has been slacking this month, but Ill be honest the last two times I was on the boards no one was sayign anything interesting.

My dilema, however is this, where as before I had a job where I took frequent force.net breaks, I currently do not have the same type of job, in fact I dont even have a cubicle or office yet (will change shortly). right now my time is focusing on my engineering job, planning a wedding, and sleep.

I fear a personal lack of frequent presence on the boards.
    how do you all feel about this?

At the same time, recently I have been vacant due to graduation, a new job, and a new engagement, so my sudden vanishing is probably only temporary.

I guess I want to know your feelings on this. Also, I am still going to celebration, already requested the days off of work. I am still plannign to cover my office with star wars figures, and I still love collecting star wars figures.

With all this said.... anyone up for a dinner at two-tutu- tangos on International drive? maybe next monday, or thursday night or something.

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    We're having a kick Ia out dinner Thursday night? :)

My thoughts: Nobody's offered me the job, but I wouldn't want it. It's not a huge responsibility, but it's certainly thankless. I think you've been around enough for what the job requires. I was a bit surprised to not see your name on here much in the last few months, but I don't think that's hurt the System. We'll see what everybody else thinks, but unless someone steps out and has real vision for our leadership, I see no reason for a change. Unless you want out.

As for a dinner, that's something I like to do. Monday I'm out, I'm taking a bunch of days off right now for scuba. Thursday, after my final class I could go, but probably not until 9 or 10pm. -Campbell, so it is written, so let it be.

3. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    If dinner can wait a couple of weeks, scuba classes will be over then my nights are free. I'd really enjoy seeing you and giving you a great big Congratulatory hug!
    In the meantime, I must say I think you've been a great leader in the face of what Campbell has rightly called a "thankless job". I support you as best as I can! Feelings get hurt, things get said and yet you steadfastly plug along trying to keep order to this chaos. It's a mess and my hats off to you for knowing what it's like and still wanting to be our leader.
    We all now how the real world (work, friends, wedding planning, life in general) can intrude upon our Star Wars world. I understand you'll occasionally go missing but I want you to know you have been missed.

Melanie

4. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Ok heres my two cents on this matter. Now I'm not trying to get anyone mad or upset anyone, just this is how I fell on this issue. Here goes.

I understand that you have a life to live, everyone does this shouldn't control them. There comes a time when things happen with everyone. Take for instance the 501st, and the Rebellion. The Florida CO just stepped down because he has other things to do that are more important at this time, same with the Rebel Legion group. The CO just stepped down from his position in order to take care of personnel matters. No one hates them any less because they stepped down. Sometimes you have to sit back and look at what's best for the group, not just for you. That's what makes a leader so great at times, is their ability to step aside when they cant give 100% and let someone else take over. No one is saying that you have to be gone for good. Once everything get backs on track you return. This is hypothetically speaking of course. Now if you need to devote more time to things in your life right now, then maybe you should step aside and let someone else have a go at it.

As for their being nothing interesting on the boards the last two times you checked, maybe you could have started something interesting. Started a new topic or brought some old things up. Theres only a handful of us here, and sometimes it takes that little extra kick to get something started. Thats what CRs do, they get the group going. Like Brandon said in another post about the WT*, at least it got some activity going on the boards. Maybe if the CR had been around she could have stepped in between everyone and made things calmer again. I for one am glad that is behind us for now.

Now I think that we all have done an outstanding job at group outtings and meetings. If we do decide that we need a new CR thats going to be on the boards more, then I suggest we do a vote like we did last time. Im not saying you did a bad job Ia, just we need someone whos going to be around more. Someone thats going to be focused more on the group and trying to arrange things. We just need someone thats going to be around on a daily basis.

I do think that we need a new CR to lead us into the Ep III era.

Please dont be mad or upset at me, this is just what Ive been noticing lately. I value your friendship and Arrons. Theres not to many of us Star Wars fans around here and we have to stick together.

Dale

5. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I see....

Cambell, actually to me personally it feels more like a "yay, Im free of school and have a good paying job, yay!" dinner. but im keeping that to myself... as far as you guys would see ...its a fan force meeting.... but to me , i always said i would go back to eat there when I had money or a better job.....

hmmm..... i need to go buy another star wars figure...

anyway, I am serious about the whole two -tutu- tangos

melanie, are you up for dinner as well?

6. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I'd be up for dinner.

Brandon

7. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Either night is okay for me, though the later the better. I typically don't get off from work until 8:30pm, but I can usually get out early if need be.

L8r

8. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Ia,

First of all, Congrats on the new job & upcoming wedding. Those things alone would make a person crazy!

I say hang in there! Your position with the group is a tough one, but why change leadership now? Perhaps find someone in the group that could give you a hand? Episode 3 is just around the corner, keep things as they are. (Just my .02)

This is a nice group of SW fans, wish I had found you all sooner! Most of my trade friends are worldwide, I am down to just a few local SW friends.

Now, if I could just start coming to the meetings....
    :)

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    So does anyone have the time to meet for a late-ish dinner on Thursday? I should be out of my final scuba class by 10pm at the very latest. Melanie?

10. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Late is fine by me. Monday I get off at 8:00pm, Tuesday I get off at 8:30pm, Wednesday I get off at 6:30pm, and, as of now, Thursday I get off at 8:00pm (though Thursday is going to change depending upon enrollment, sigh).

Brandon

11. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I get off from work at 8:30pm on Thursday, and I live really close to I-Drive.

L8r

12. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm in for Thursday-should be fun
    Susan

13. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    This could actually work? Well what the blank do you know? Cool. Ia, as the mistress of this merriment, would you be able to swing a late din-din Thursnight?

14. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    Anything on Thursday is great for me!

15. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    We take our scuba test on Thursday & since I don't know when that let's out or how late I didn't want to commit but I do want to go. If Campbell can, obviously I can since we're in the same class. If it runs too late & I can call, I'll tell you guys. Do we have suggestions on where to meet? I really hope I can make it.
    I'd like to suggest a restaurant at the Millenia Mall like Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, California Pizza Kitchen. We also have TGI Fridays, Olive Garden and more. OR was another option mentioned?
    See ya all later.
    Melanie

16. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    I think Tutu Tangos was the place mentioned. Late night dinner turns into early night of drinking, and since Im leaving for a bacholer party Friday I dont have any problems with that.

17. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    it sounds like millenia might be an easier place to meet and get a seat faster than international drive. What do you guys think?

18. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    It's a Thursday night and most of the tourists have gone away. Do you really think it'll be an issue?

L8r

19. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    this is orlando there are tourists all year long. callifronia schools dont start till half way through september.

20. JediScout

Apr 8, 2004
    Here we go changing everything again!

21. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    You know, Dale, that was precisely what I was thinking, I just didn't have the guts to say it. I honestly don't know why we bother discussing anything if it all changes at the last minute.

L8r

22. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I thought the only thing we'd confirmed was that it's on for Thursday night. Am I forgetting something? All the options sound good to me, but I've always been interested in going to Cafe TuTu Tango, so that one's probably at the top of my list. Assuming I don't have trouble getting out at the end of my scuba class, I'll go wherever the herd leads. -Campbell

23. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    The question posed in the very first post in this thread was, "anyone up for a dinner at two-tutu- tangos on International drive?" The ensuing discussion was to nail down a night and time. Now everything seems up in the air despite Ia being "serious about the whole two -tutu- tangos" thing.

I don't really care, it's just that this is the latest in a long line of one thing being said and it all changing at the last minute. The restaurant was never an issue until Melanie suggested other choices (and I'm not blaming Melanie for anything). We all agreed on Thursday and two days before we're supposed to go there's a change.

It's annoying. Nothing seems to stick around here. I like things to stick.

L8r

24. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    The official dinner for The Orlando System will be Thursday the 2nd at Cafe Tutu Tangos on International Drive. The time is 10pm. Feel free to show up early or late and keep your cell phones handy to find out where the gang is sitting. I suggest someone lets the host stand know where the Orlando System party will be sitting so the stragglers can find the group.

25. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    SOUNDS GOOD...I JUST GOT THE FEELING NO ONE WAS SERIOUS ABOUT GOING THERE...

how many are going?

including aaron...7 I presume?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.