main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC How do you "geek" out?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Calgamer, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Calgamer

Calgamer Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2012
    A favorite way of mine over the past few months is putting on the entire Star Wars soundtrack and hopping into a Lego Star Wars build. I'm currently working on the Star Destroyer model.

Happy Easter and less than two weeks to go until Star Wars celebration kicks off!

2. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    My life is a "geek out"

I get excited over SW stories that interest me. I am a fanfic writer and reader.(not limited to just SW)
    I like watching fan videos
    I like dress up even at 22 lol.

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    When in my "Star Wars Mode," I tend to work on further analyzing the saga and oftentimes I'll become involved in writing a long string of thoughts about SW and what makes it great to me, what it is to me, that often make me rather emotional as I do so. It's strange how much I can discover by simply searching my own mind

4. Calgamer

Dec 30, 2012
    Very cool! I constantly feel like I'm geeking as well, but sometimes more than others haha. Star Wars is always somewhere in the back of my mind. And dressing up only gets better as you get older! If you enjoy it a lot, you should check out the 501st. Dressing up and "trooping" is a big part of their organization.

5. Calgamer

Dec 30, 2012
    I like this a lot. Sometimes I just stop and contemplate how important the Star Wars universe is in my life. We all have work and school and family and other obligations, but Star Wars is always a comfort blanket to turn to and to simply enjoy.

Seagoat likes this.
  6. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Right? Those times when life is treating you roughly, then you can just forget your troubles for a while and go to a galaxy far, far away

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Calgamer, use the edit feature to avoid double posting.

8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I never geek out because I'm constantly "geeked" 24/7 just ask the friends I don't have:p

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    When I'm in geek mode, which is almost all the time, I often will read star wars books while listening to star wars audiobooks when I go to bed. I also come here to discuss star wars while listening to star wars music. Also when I do these activities I try to wear my star wars shirts. While on TFN, I also at times look at my local library website to see if there are any new star wars books. So yes, I am a hopeless nerd. :p

10. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    When I'm in nerd mode (which is whenever I have any freetime at all) I will sit at my computer with SWTOR backgrounds changing every 20 minutes and:
    • read and write on these forums
    • play SWTOR
    • play KOTOR
    • buy SW stuff
    • review SW stuff
    • draw things from SW into Manga Studio
    • look through SW pictures on Deviant Art and Google Images
    • watch SW reviews on YouTube
    OR, off my PC I will:
    • read SW novels
    • read SW comics
    • look through SW art books
    • read SW info books
    • rearrange my SW figures collection
    • count my SW figures collection
    • group my SW figures collection in various ways - by timeline, by sentience, by dark - light side, by faction
    • look up my figures in the Ultimate Action Figures book, rate them and classify them
    • listen to the SW radio dramas
    • listen to SW audiobooks
    • talk about SW to ANYONE who will listen or is simply too polite to tell me to shut up, or is in a coma.
    • play SW games on my phone
    • use Tapatalk on my phone to get on the JC forums
    • visit my local comic shop
    • visit any toy shop which does SW action figures
    • design new SW spaceships of my own and draw out the plans for them (with SW pencils and erasers!!!)
    • watch the films, commentaries etc.
    And I do this while...
    • drinking tea out of one of my SW mugs,
    • wearing one of my SW T-shirts
    • while my stormtrooper clock measures time for me in the corner
    • and my lightsabre sits on my dressing table waiting for the Force to Awaken!!!!!
    Goodness - I hadn't realised quite how geeky I am getting - ooops! [face_blush]

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I come on here and talk about whatever and sometimes it makes no sense.

Joanne2108 and Seagoat like this.
  12. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Making sense and Star Wars don't really go hand in hand

13. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014
    Always geeked....

Since all the new canon stuff coming out, I've been reading everything I can get my hands on. Reading Tarkin right now waiting on Lords of the Sith, Dark Disciple, Servants of the Empire, and of course Aftermath.

Watching everything over again: Movies, Clone Wars (2003 & 2008), Rebels.

Watching the Jedi Alliance podcast on youtube (I miss Maude on this show, I think she fit better on this show IMO).

Watching the Jedi Council podcast on youtube.

Playing the original Battlefront whenever I get the chance. (My favorite Star Wars game since X-Wing Alliance)

Keeping wookiepedia up on a tab in my browser.

Joanne2108 and Iron_lord like this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Lately, one of my things has been, when talking to my mom, throw in a Star Wars reference whenever possible. She thinks it's hilarious so I'm happy to oblige [face_laugh]

Chancellor Yoda and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Generally, by watching a watching a Star Wars movie or TV show, reading a book or comic, and playing a video game. Oh, and listen to Star Wars music, which I do pretty much every day. :)

16. Scholomancer

Scholomancer Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 16, 2010
    When I geek out play the 90s Star Wars Xwing, TIE, XWvTIE and XWA games. It throw me right back into what I love about the SW universe.

KING_KENOBI and Force Smuggler like this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Watch the movies, read the books and comics, play the games, listen the soundtracks, get on the message boards etc.

18. ArtSchmo

ArtSchmo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2015
    I'm on geek mode practically 24/7. I would HAVE to be; my fledgling career depends on it. Most of the time I:

1. Create Star Wars related art.
    2. Play some of my old favourites, such as Knights of the Old Republic, X-Wing, and the Jedi Knight series.
    3. Read sourcebooks, comics, game guides and novels.
    4. Watch reviews and versus series videos on YouTube by my favourite content creators (GreyJedi91, Antoine Bandele, and Evannova95 are brilliant.)
    5. Browse this board.
    6. Browse /r/StarWars
    7. Peruse Tumblr for Star Wars: Rebels gifs
    8. Contribute to Wookieepedia

19. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Have you ever found a way to make a moment or task in real life into a total geek fest?

I spent the past 2 days mowing out pastures with a zero turn mower.....the whole time pretending like I was flying an X-wing! Every time I 'got' a weed was a hit on an enemy fighter. Just couldn't help myself, and it was so much FUN! Kinda wish I could mow every day. :D

20. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Going to merge this with our "How do you geek out" thread.

21. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When I worked call center tech support for an online based software company, I definitely spent as much time on Wookiepedia as I did on my company's site. Don't get me wrong, I knew my job and I did it well. But most of the time I'd be talking with clients, knowing the software as well as I did, I would be able to answer their questions while simultaneously browsing Wookiepedia pages. That's when I realized how much of a geek I was. There I was in my little cubicle, very Office Space like, once even experienced a scenario of multiple bosses on my case about the exact same thing, but still at the end of each week always at the top third of the list of calls taken and customers served......and of all the things I could be reading and learning about, especially during any downtime I had, I naturally gravitated and wanted to learn about nothing else but events BBY and ABY.

Scholomancer likes this.
  22. Scholomancer

Scholomancer Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 16, 2010
    I know exactly what you mean! I was in the same boat, top third of the calls, but still had lots of time to surf the internet and posting on forums.

Rellum Kire likes this.
  23. aeralure

aeralure Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2015
    I have my Lego moments where I get inspired to try and create something and then hop in LDD and see if I can do it. That and collect more minifigures. ;)

24. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    I do tend to geek out on occasion! For example,when I flip through my old drawings and find a few of my favorite Star Wars OC, I suddenly find myself on Wookiepedia, scrolling through fan-art, and even coming on here just to geek! :D

I even have a couple of Halloween costumes (TCW Padme and Ahsoka), but they're probably too small for me now. :p

25. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    Watching the movies, reading the books, making Star Wars drawings, watching TCW or Rebels, reading and posting on this forum, listening to SW soundtracks, reading or writing fanfiction, getting excited over the new trailers for TFA or Rebels. :D

Also, I love spending time on Wookieepedia, reading articles that interest me or doing research for a fanfic.