main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"How do you kill a man without fear?" -Databank update

Discussion in 'Literature' started by masterskywalker, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    "It was Anakin who single-handedly transformed inevitable defeat into victory on numerous occasions. Encounters on worlds such as Cato Niemoidia and elsewhere cemented Anakin and Obi-Wan's legendary reputations. Throughout the Republic, citizens would spread tales of the two Jedi heroes -- Anakin's hologenic features and daring exploits earned him the moniker of "The Hero Without Fear." Skywalker became a celebrity of the state, despite Jedi ascetics frowning upon such accolades."

Case closed, Anakin was the hero of the Republic and the poster boy rock star of the Jedi. Too cool, can't wait to see Luke and Leia find this old records which refer to their old man as "The Hero Without Fear." It also fits into what Dooku said to Asajj about the nature of the Sith:

"A Sith has no fear."

Man did Palps luck out. If the Jedi had actually done a halfway decent job of training and trusting Anakin, he would have lost his most useful servant.

P.S.-

And STILL the Jedi feared and distrusted Anakin. DON'T SPOILER EPIII they again show a complete lack of trust towards their "Chosen One." The Jedi Council so completely screwed the pooch here I'm speechless. They practically handed over one, if not THE most valuable members of their Order in to the pocket of the Sith. For an clositered order that claimed "fear" was the path to the darkside, they sure had an awful lot of it towards their suposed savior. Stupid, stupid stupid stupid.

Stupid.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    It explains Anakin pretty damn well I think and I'm going to update my thoughts onto the Skywalker thread in a bit.

3. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    Something else of note from the data bank updates...

During the Clone Wars, Kenobi ascended to the rank of Jedi Master, and he occupied a position in the Jedi Council. He was able to contribute to the highest levels of Jedi strategy, and such a vaunted position allowed him to witness the strain between the Jedi order and the Office of the Chancellor firsthand.

Hmmmph. I wonder if Obsession will chronicle his ascent to mastery...

4. TIEDefenderPilot

TIEDefenderPilot Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2003
    Is Anakin also a lawyer in Hell's Kitchen? Sheesh.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Skywalker is surely racking up those titles...

"Boonta Eve Champion"
    "Chosen One"
    "Jedi Knight"
    "Warrior of the Infinite"
    "The Man Without Fear"
    "Dark Lord of the Sith"

Perhaps even "The Son of Suns".

6. Forceful

Forceful Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    Yeah, I just read that about Obi-Wan. I think that's awesome, personally. It makes it feasible that Obi-Wan could defeat the chosen one of the force.

I wouldn't be surpsrised if Obsession indeed showed his promotion. Perhaps his killing and/or conversion of Asajj will prompt the council to EPIII spoiler.

7. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Hmmmph. I wonder if Obsession will chronicle his ascent to mastery...

It was pretty much a given, considering Anakin became a Jedi Knight in Jedi Trial.

Therefore, Obi-Wan's already a master in Obsession.

8. Forceful

Forceful Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2004
    I always was confused as to what defined a Master and a Knight, though. Is it simply when your padawan becomes a knight that you become a master?

Skywalker is surely racking up those titles...

Don't forget "Dad of the Year"

9. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    "Human Resources' Enemy #1" gotta be there too somewhere

10. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    "The Man in Black."

Hey, SOMEBODY had to say it. ;)

11. TIEDefenderPilot

TIEDefenderPilot Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2003
    More like
    "The Jerkwad of the Galaxy"

12. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    The frontman for Soothers. [face_laugh]

. . . that's not funny, much.

13. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    "The Man in Black."

LOL! Now that's sig worthy.

When do we get the Boxed CD set? ;)

14. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Hey, SOMEBODY had to say it.

Yeah, but...why? :p

15. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I've had to edit out two EPIII spoilers already in this thread. If I have to edit out another anytime soon, this thread will be locked.

16. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    It was pretty much a given, considering Anakin became a Jedi Knight in Jedi Trial.

Therefore, Obi-Wan's already a master in Obsession.

Not true, successfully training a padawan does not make one a master, otherwise Saesee Tinn would never have become a master.

Perhaps Obi-Wan turning away from the dark path and the eventual turning of Assajj and maybe even saving of Bail Organa will make him a master. All this could happen in Obsession.

17. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Not true, successfully training a padawan does not make one a master, otherwise Saesee Tinn would never have become a master.

No, you're wrong. There are a couple of ways to become a Master. Training a padawan is one of them. Saesee Tinn became a Master a different way.

Everyone who's trained a padawan is a Master.

Therefore, if Anakin became a knight in Jedi Trial, there's no way that Obi-Wan ISN'T a master.

18. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    No, you're wrong. There are a couple of ways to become a Master. Training a padawan is one of them. Saesee Tinn became a Master a different way.

Therefore, if Anakin became a knight in Jedi Trial, there's no way that Obi-Wan ISN'T a master.

exactly. everyone who's trained a Padawan to Knighthood is a Master, even though not everyone who is a Master trained a Padawan to Knighthood.

training a Padawan to Knighthood is the most common path to becoming a Master, and it's automatic. when Anakin is Knighted, Obi-Wan automatically became a Master. if Anakin had not been knighted, there are other ways Obi-Wan could have become a Master, like Saesee Tiin did, but it's a moot point, since he became one when Anakin was knighted.

19. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    He couldn't share his darker thoughts with his fellow Jedi -- the thoughts that overwhelmed him that night in the Tusken Raider village.

Hmmm contradiction with a certain Republic comic? ;)

20. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004

Ok, now I can finally understand that Vos became a master years before Obi-Wan while he had always struggled with the dark side.

21. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    So he saved Hyrule while being blind? I don't get it.

22. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    So he saved Hyrule while being blind?

YES.

And as for how to kill a man without fear, I think ten snipers with AK-47s would probably do the trick.

23. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    well... you can kill a man without fear with alot of things... knives, guns, broken sticks, oversized starwars novels....

24. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    I hope all of you who argue that Obi-Wan automatically becoming a master at Anakin's knighthood realize that you are also arguing for Mara's Jedi Masterhood as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.