main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you land a S.T.A.P. ?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by OutlawJedi, Jan 20, 2014.

1. OutlawJedi

OutlawJedi Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2002
    When a STAP is not in flight, how does it park (come to rest, land, dock . . . . ) ? I want to display my STAP model without the rider. As there are no landing gear, there must be some sort of docking device or rack that they attach to after flight. I have a few ideas for scratch building something and would prefer to be accurate. However, I wouldn't mind designing something.

(Maybe someone in collecting can help you find a stand, relocating.) ~Sx3

2. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    You don't ;)

Some things are just not done
    /LM

3. OutlawJedi

OutlawJedi Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2002
    OK, I know Land Speeders, Speeder Bikes, etc . . . stay floating when not in use. Am I to just accept that STAPs also remain upright and bobbing around when the rider dismounts? They appear to have attachment points for anchoring to something; funny notch in front, just below the wing and cut-out in the rear that has no obvious purpose.
    TIE Fighters have no landing gear but they hang on a rack when not in use, so . . . . . .

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    In terms of stand, you might be able to use figma clamp stands to hold it.

In terms of a STAP landing, I've seen them just kind of sit there. Maybe they'd have a kickstand.

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    When I saw the title of this thread I thought there was going to be a punchline inside. Q: "How do you land a S.T.A.P?" A: "You don't. A S.T.A.P lands you.".

Honestly, I'd say the Tie-Fighter comparison is a good one. I imagined them hanging on racks inside those big Trade Federation ships.

I'm not sure where you're going to display it or how big it is (you said "model", so I assume it isn't the 3 3/4" sized one), but hanging it from fishing line could give the impression that it's floating.