main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Do you prefer to watch movies?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Stridarious, Jul 8, 2004.

?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. In a crowded Theater

28.1%
  2. In an empty one?

71.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    I like the crowd but also want an empty seat next to me.

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    In an empty theatre... I HATE people talking, the sound of people eating, fidgeting, etc...

3. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    It's nice having an empty theatre, but laughing and crying done by the audience add to the experience.

4. YODA_SITH

YODA_SITH Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    Empty so I can put my feet up on the chairs in front of me and talk to my friends and mess around.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I love watching in a crowded theater.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like it in a crowded theater, where if I get a joke, I'm not the only one who does. I hated watching plays here in america, where people would hear some of my favorite lines and stay silent and when I saw the same production in London, everyone was laughing uproariously. I felt so loved in London.

7. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    It depends really - if I'm in a crowded theater for a movie like, say, Eternal Sunshine, then no - crowded is bad. But for movies like Kill Bill - crowded is good. I picked crowded because SOMETIMES they're quiet during the more subtle films, and rowdy during the action packed ones.

8. Zinergy

Zinergy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2004
    I prefer watching a movie in an empty theatre. I hate the sound of people taking and eating during a film. It is the height of rudeness in my opinion.

9. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    Empty. No one to kick your chair, no big Janson heads in the way. No one to hear you if you burp. ;) Just kidding.

Cattie

10. Marcus-Aurelius

Marcus-Aurelius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2004
  11. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    In an empty one, unless it's SW movie with other fans.

12. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    I prefer to watch movies in a half-full theatre, but as the poor sap that gets paid just above minimum wage to clean up the mess you all leave behind I generally prefer movie theatres to be empty.

13. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    EMPTY!!! I more than anything hate some moron adding their commentary to every scene in a movie!

14. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I like a nearly empty theater. It's kind of weird if you are the only person in there (been there) I like having a couple of quiet people (like me) who just sit and watch the movie.

15. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    I dont mind a busy threate, it makes the movie feel abit more like an event. Dunno how that makes it better. I guess I dont really mind either way, just voted busy to give em one more vote :p.

16. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I like empty ones...

because in crowded theaters you've got people with their cell phones on, little kids always wanting to talk, babies crying, and it makes it very unenjoyable to sit through and pay attention to the film.

17. YellowRose

YellowRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2004
    I've been the only person in a theatre before. It's creepy.

18. Darth_Critter

Darth_Critter Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 24, 2003
    And I've been the guy behind you kicking the back of your chair. Which is creepier? :p

I picked crowded, I always arrive early by an hour to get the same seat I always get- OCD I know- and I watch it pack out. I like seeing movies opening night because that's when the real freaks come out that either love seeing movies as much as I do so they are there without fail every week, or it's a movie they REALLY wanted to see and have been waiting for. Either way- I feed off of the crowd. I prefer the community setting, as opposed to private viewing. I like to share things. Laughing in a crowd has always been more fun for me than alone, crying to; and when I do stand up, I usually get the crowd laughing AND crying at me or with me- not sure- :p - but it's all the same.

"When the lights go up, I come alive!"

Btw- I only saw one movie by myself -as in went alone and that was years ago- I had a terrible time. Analyze that. I've never gone solo since...

DC

19. Stinkylicous

Stinkylicous Jedi Youngling star 5

May 24, 2004

Naked slathered in that fake butter they give out withy popcorn.

20. Darth_Critter

Darth_Critter Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 24, 2003
  21. YellowRose

YellowRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2004
    Then Stinky must like to watch movies in an empty theatre... b/c I'm sure the place clears out when he does THAT!

22. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Generally, I prefer an empty theater, but sometimes (mainly midnight showings, opwning night) crowded theaters are better because of the energy that everyone gives out.

23. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    It all depends on the movie and what type of peple will be there. For Star Wars, it has to be a full theater. However I like watching some movies alone, especailly movies that parents bring their stupid, annoying, energized kids to. I really hate it when they bring them to R rated movies and their babies start to cry and they won't leave or shut the kid up.

So, big summer flicks = crowded theater, small independent films( also include R rated movies) = alone or small group.

24. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    definitely crowded.
    theres nothing better than watching a movie with a lot of people and seeing their reactions to it :D

-Mel

25. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Generally, I prefer my theatre empty, simply because people talk, and act like pricks all the time in my local...Then again, half of them can't count to twenty, or tie their own shoelaces -- How they get into a theatre is beyond me.

If it is a movie, such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or Star Trek (You know, certain films draw certain crowds), generally, I prefer those theatres full -- Harks back to the day of AOTC when I was in NYC on opening night...1400 people all with your mentality, all enjoying it, all thinking the exact same thing you're thinking...THAT'S AN AUDIENCE!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.