main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you see the world in 50 years?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by The1, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The1

The1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2001
    I see it as this: a singular government has been set up ruling the entire planet, with many many rebel factions not liking this at all. Terrorists will have already killed 1 million people in a single event and religion will go through a certain "re-birth" with many people going to back to their faiths.

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I see the human population drastically down from today. A massive war will have sweeped the planet once again and we'll be rebuilding the devastation that has wrecked Europe, the Middle East, and possibly some parts of the United States. I also see the One World Government in charge and possibly the United States either in trouble or rebelling against the One World Government. I also see China emerging from this tragedy as a superpower.

Negative aint I?

3. TeeBee

TeeBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    One World Government? Geez, I hope not. I mean, look at the crap that went on with EarthGov on 'B-5'. ;)

Seriously though, I hope we never have a One World Government. Sounds all utopian and wonderful, but monopolies of any kind are not a good thing.

As for everything else, I'm in the process of reading "The Clash of Civilizations", which was written a few years ago, and the things this guy states will happen have already begun. And a lot of it ain't pretty.

4. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    LOL

My vision of the world is WAY different :p

NATO has fallen apart, UN has no more power.

North Korea and South have joined into Korea.

China economically collapsed, is a democratic country

USA still excist as super power

Middle-East is one big puppet regime off USA

Those include visions. Maybe it should be 100 years from now dunno...

5. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I see a one world government with Washington as the World Capital, and a lot of people starving as they live on a small amount of land that has been delevoped to the point where agriculture almost no longer exists.

I'm pretty negative too. [face_plain]

I don't see a major war, however.

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    The planet as we know it today...gone. Lots of craters. No sunlight. Freezing temperatures.

Nuke war. Its bound to happen sooner or later.

7. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    I see our religon completely changing.

8. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Nuclear radioactive wasteland

9. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I don't see it as being very different from the world today, at all. I'm not exactly an optimist or a pessimist. I don't think the world will get particuarly better or worse.

10. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    50 years from now(my view):

NATO is part of UN.

Iraq is the new Palestinian state ruled by a democratic government.

The EU has Russia has a member.

The AU(African Union)has more power.

A possible Cold War state will arise between the USA and the EU.

The hunt for Bin Laden is still on!

Israel declares full war on Iraq.

11. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    what d'you think this country's gonna look like in the year 2003?

Y'know, i'll tell you the truth - nothing against you guys, but i don't wanna answer that question because...i haven't even got a mind that's that...that inhumane.

That is taken from a field recording used in the song bbf3 by Godspeed You Black Emperor! I think that if you change the date around (say 2050) that it will be absolutely true. [face_plain]

Edit: Oops, that isn't a monologue.

12. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    USA has started absorbing other countries on the continent, like Mexico and Canada (waaah i dont like that im Canadian). Space programs will be abandoned altogether. Actually, maybe not, if resource depletion goes on like it is now, we may be looking to colonize someplace.
    I can see a United States of Europe too (however much people dont like it, I think it will happen). I also think in many places, there will be immigration restrictions, so as not overstrain populations. I also see the one child policy becoming widespread. I cant see how we'll have anything left to mine or log! We'll see though. Does anybody know if you can create new water? I heard from a friend that you can by recombining atoms or something.

On the bright side, I do see emissions from cars, planes etc becoming lower.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If there is one thing that won't vanish, it will be space programs. I don't know what form NASA will have but some form of government space program will still be around.
    More importantly, private organizations will dominate space, notonly because these people like space travel, but because there is an incredible amount of money to be made out there.
    In 50 years if you are not happy with the goings on here on Earth, you will have the option to leave it and live in clean comfort, all for the price of an airline ticket or better.

14. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I doubt we'll have a colony in space in 50 years. I think it will be longer than that.

15. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Same here. I can't see us getting to the next star system in 75 or so.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Next star system??
    Er, we have plenty of room here in this solar system.

17. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I agree with the Nuke War theory, althought I really hope it doesn't. I'll only be 63 then!!!

I can picture USA corrupting and ruling the world.

18. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I guess a domed colony or something could be built on the moon, or Mars, or somewhere, but I don't think we'll have the tech for quite a while.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Actually the tech for a Mars base is being tested in the Anarctic right now. And doing quite well the last I heard.
    The only other obstacle is the expense of launches to orbit, which is on the verge of being overcome with private enterprises developing rockets which at the vary start will cost ten times less than any shuttle launch.
    A ways to go yet, but not as far as many might think.
    Its sort of a quiet space race going on right now.

20. DarthBeer

DarthBeer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 11, 2002
    i dont think it will be all that different, i mean people thought we would be in flying cars by the year 2000. things will be different, obviously, but nothing drastic, i hope anyways

21. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Just a thought, but I think the trash problem, as in what to with it, could be solved by transferring it onto some planet, or propelling it towards the sun. I imagine this may not be possible, due to the fact of the fuel problem throughout the world, but I can also see a new type of fuel being developed, or a way to use something renewable, or somehow using water. I still don't know if that would be possible.

22. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    I agree with DarthBeer...50 years isn't exactly a long time. We will have jumps in technology...some more CEO's will be fired...Bin laden will be found and the US will have a lot of fun...but that's about it i think.

Or...i guess aliens could invade...try to takeover the world...destroying whole cities at a time...untill a small band of heros find a weakness in there ships...

hey...the people in Independence Day didn't think it would happen to them...but it did...same with signs.

Or something better could happen...an Imp Star would show up in Orbit an we all can go home... :D

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Lol@Miin

That would be good, I can finally join the Imperial Navy!

I also see the world possibly divided into three Governments. The United States of America (N. America & S. America), the United States of EuroAsia (Europe, China, Russia, India, etc) and the United States of Africa (Africa & maybe parts of the Middle East). Or something like that. Anyway, all three Governments would either be friends with two or enemies altogether.

This of course all comes about after we nearly annihilate each other with a Nuclear War.

I can also forsee a possible colony on Antartica. Its the only land we havent yet fully taken advantage of. I'm certain sometime in the future the treaty that prevents a country from claiming Antartica will expire or be broken and someone will begin drilling there and maybe start a colony.

24. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    In 50 years the world will be relatively the same as it is now.

25. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Sure, there is plenty of room in the solar system, but none of it is worth colonizing!
    If you want anything, you have to import it from Earth, which strains resources and is mostly just a waste. If you find a habitable planet though, you can start ripping the place apart for any number of different things, and it would be self suffcient mostly too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.