How do you see the world in 50 years?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by The1, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    "I also see the world possibly divided into three Governments. The United States of America (N. America & S. America), the United States of EuroAsia (Europe, China, Russia, India, etc) and the United States of Africa (Africa & maybe parts of the Middle East). Or something like that. Anyway, all three Governments would either be friends with two or enemies altogether.

Sounds a bit like 1984 to me. And if there was three governments, they would be constatly warring and signing and breaking peace treaties with each other. Also, the war would be just a ruse to keep the proles down.

But really, I see horrible world events taking place, but not apocoliptic(sp?) proportions, and the second comming of Christ.

If that doesn't happen, the US will go through major problems with the middle east, but will eventually come out of it, although it will be weakened in power. The EU will grow and shut out the US economically. China will become much more powerfull, either by a drastic change of regime, or the transformation to a completelly free economy under the old regime. China will become a major trading partner with the US.
  2. MynDonos Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think within two hundred years the planet will be a charred atmosphere-less ball of rock. Whatever the cause of it was doesnt really matter, ultimately that will probably happen. Hey, it might even happen in my lifetime! Imagine that, being priveliged to see the end of the world. That would be a nice way to go, at least you arent going alone, hehe.
  3. Pit Droid Jedi Knight

star 1
    From a governmental point of view I doubt we will see any change over the next 50 years. Governments will still bicker and small tit for tat conflicts will become the norm.

Ease of movement will become eroded for the greater good of home security and to clamp down on immigration thus leading to a reduction in tourism.

The poverty gap between countries will increase to those who have and those who do not have; overpopulation and famine will become rife in the "poorer" countries.

Technology will become integrated into our lives with nano technology allowing powerful computers to be integrated into everything. Big Brother will know everything from exactly where you are standing on the planet, to what your spending your money on and who you with.

Let just hope that they are not running "Windows 2052" otherwise the one world government will have Mr Gates sitting atop of it ;)
  4. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    The EU will grow and shut out the US economically

Actually IMHO it will be the opposite, why would EU economically shut out the most powerfull ally they have?

It doesn't sound right. It will be the US who's going to shut out the EU economically.
  5. lavjoricso Force Ghost

star 4
    How do you see the world in 50 years ?

I see it as a more messed up place than it already is today,with alot of America a 'no go'zone.I also think Britian will be almost all gone too.People will be suffering because of mistakes by past leaders.

Half of the East will be a 'no go' zone including Israel.

I also think Japan will be the Worlds Super power !!!
  6. EnforcerSG Jedi Master

star 4
    Nuke war. Its bound to happen sooner or later.

But it has not yet, and that gives me hope.

I bet that if there is a nuke war, it will not be global. Most likly between two smaller nations who wipe the other out.

I really cant see much changing. Maybe many countries will come together as one, but I cant see every nation signing up unless everyone really tries (maybe they get forced).

And Earth Gov in B5 was not bad. Aside from the whole Clark thing (lasting 3 years), it was a decent government from 2150 (about) to 2762.

If aliens come, I believe the world will more or less unite. Out of fear, and out of a common enemy.

Unless something really big and somewhat unpredictable happens, like a huge war or aliens or super crash of economies, not much will change.
  7. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    In 50 years, NOD and GDI will fight, tiberium will be the new fuel, and Kane is the Osama of his time. ;) One can hope, right?
  8. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    F_I_D

Nah I don't want to be horribly mutated by Tiberium. Besides the meteor supposed to be crashed at the river Tiber in 1992 that's 10 years too late ;)
  9. Lord_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    One thing his certain-in 50 years,Israel will still be fighting of the Palestinians.
  10. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    F_I_D

Nah I don't want to be horribly mutated by Tiberium. Besides the meteor supposed to be crashed at the river Tiber in 1992 that's 10 years too late

Damnit! Ohh well, my next view is we're eating this food called 'soylent green' and a slow talking ape killer finds out it's made out of PEOPLE! Headlines will read "Soylent green is made out of people! It's made out of PEOPLE!!!!"

One thing his certain-in 50 years,Israel will still be fighting of the Palestinians.

Know what these two groups need? Some good ol' songs about love. Like John Lennon and some Beatles tunes.

In the year 3000....

Israel and Palestine will give peace a chance... :p
  11. jamesdrax Force Ghost

star 6
    There seems to be a lot of stuff here about America, Europe and Asia. But what about Australia? How do you see that in 50 years?
  12. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    Australia?

Never heard of it :p

kidding ;)

To be honoust I've no idea the situation down there.

But if there's a WWIII they will aide UK as usuall just like Canada :p
  13. JediSmuggler Chosen One

star 5
    Fifty years from now?

USA still the top nation out there, and in a close alliance with Russia, the UK, and most of Latin America. Cuba has become a Commonwealth, in a similar fashion as Puerto Rico.

Republic of Kurdistan in what was Northern Iraq. The rest of Iraq is now known as the American Middle East Territory. Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries have constitutional monarchies and are in a state of detente with Israel, which has annexed the West Bank and the Golan Heights. The Gaa strip is occupied, but has become a MidEast version of Hong Kong.

The U.S. is coridal but distant with Europe, and they have a Cold War going with China. Taiwan and the U.S. have full diplomatic relations, and American forces formerly in Japan and Korea are now defending Taiwan.
  14. Captain-Communist Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well im not psychis so i cant tell you what it will be like in 50 years. whoah I'll be 66 then.
  15. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Here's my rather pessimistic view of the future.

If Global warming and the hole in the Ozone continue to go the way they have been going, the Earth will be 4 or 5 degrees warmer and the water level would have risen due to melting of the polar ice caps. If the governments and car companies finally come to their senses and use an alternate form of energy (such as hydrogen, whose only emission is pure water) the Earth might be a cleaner place. The atmosphere may be able to heal itself if it's no too late

Logging, according to predictions, will have wiped out most of the forests. If that will be the case, we're screwed. There are not enough protected forests to make oxygen to provide for the over seven billion humans and countless other animals. Bush's "no trees, no forest fires" idea for the national parks is pretty idiotic and may even endanger protected forests.

Many wild animals species we know about today may be extinct due to pollution, habitat loss, and poaching.

Considering how many conflicts the United States has been in in the last decade and the "war on terrorism" one of the conflicts will eventually go horribly wrong. I seriously doubt that there will be one world government in fifty years. A lot of countries like their independence (including the U.S.) and will be very stubborn to give it up. There may be a world government, but in much more than fifty years.

On a more optimistic note, I think the United States will have sent people to Mars and may have started to colonize Luna (Earth's moon).

I would like some constructive critism on my opinion, don't just flame it, please. :)
  16. celera Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree. Glacier National Park and the ice cap on Mt Kilamanjaro will be gone. It seems that no one in America cars while they drive their Lincoln Navigators and Ford Excursions.
  17. The1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    As far as global warming goes, yes it probably will happen. I dont think within 50 years though. One world government I believe will be needed to be setup once everyone comes to their senses and terrorists continue to kill millions of people. Bush will have no impact on the future, he will be looked at as our biggest idiot of a president(no offense to all you republicans). I agree that we will have begun to colonize the moon, after all of our space is used up then its time we begin to destroy the moon as well.
  18. Adelaide Jedi Master

star 4
    I imagine it being in a 7 year peace treaty with some Roman or Arabic dude. :( (Taht's bad, BTW...)

And I see a whole buncha ppl saying that Allah, God, and Buda are all the same. (sounds like a replay of The Last Battle by C.S.Lewis, huh? Tashlan! [face_laugh])
  19. Force-User Jedi Knight

star 1
    In 50 years, the entire earth will be ruled giant gay turtles who will bring peace to the planet. Except in Israel where no one will go because it's too scary with the Jews and the Arabs still killing each other. :p
  20. annikinstarkiller Force Ghost

star 1
    Force_User, is there any way to avoid this? Im not feeling to comfortable with the turtles.........
  21. Darth_Omega Force Ghost

star 6
    Im not feeling to comfortable with the turtles.........

Some times truth hurts :p
  22. Force-User Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, there is a way to avoid this. There is an experimental program going on right now in CA where they are going to implant these devices into the brains of the turtles making them gay and intelligent. This must be stopped.

Then, they are working to breed a race of giant turtles. Once this is all combined, we're doomed. The only way to stop this is to vote all the Democrats out of office.

Will you work with me to save mankind?
  23. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The U.S. is coridal but distant with Europe, and they have a Cold War going with China. Taiwan and the U.S. have full diplomatic relations, and American forces formerly in Japan and Korea are now defending Taiwan.

If this situation came to be, America would be stepping up forces in Japan and Korea, not taking them away to move to Taiwan, though we'd be in Taiwan and around it in force as well.

Australia doesn't do much in the way of Western Hemispehre politics, but I've always interpreted that the Aussies and Americans are more friendly than the Brits and Americans, so I'm sure any conflict in the Pacific that threatens them, they'd side with the US. Unless of course some whacko controls the US and tries to take over the world or something. :p

Don't count on too many territorial acquisitions. Isnt' that against international law now?
  24. JediSmuggler Chosen One

star 5
    Vaderbait:

The stuff I've seen indicates that Saddam probably was an accessory to the 9/11 attacks - either after the fact by harboring al-Qaida refugees from Afghanistan, or prior to the fact (the hijacker training that reportedly took place at Salman Pak is VERY similar to the M.O. used by the 9/11 hijackers, and there is the matter of Mr. Atta's meeting in Prague with that Iraqi intelligence agent).

The last nation to pull a sneak attack the U.S., Japan, lost territory after they lose the war they started (the Northern Mariana Islands, which are now a U.S. territory).

With a regime change, we'd have troops there, and I am leaning towards taking the territory, if only as a hedge in case Saudi Arabia goes downhill.

Then there is the other question to be asked: If the U.S. did decide to make all of Iraq save Kurdistan the American Middle East Territory, who would force us out?
  25. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    I think that the world will be a better place. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.