main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you see the world in 50 years?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by The1, Aug 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm not as up to date on UN rulings, and I just know there havent been any wars of conquest since Vietnam, and was just wondering the arrogant SOB's at the UN somehow found a way to stop a country from invading another and taking land.

2. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    In 50 years, the troubles in Ireland will be nothing more than a bad memory.

3. V8ER_H8ER

V8ER_H8ER Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 1998
    In 50 years I see the EU becomming a strong, unified world power. One that, for good or bad, will be a thorn in the side of the US.

I see the world economies becomming even more unified as countries become more and more dependent on one another.

Terrorism will continue.

Iraq will be a nation under the control of the US and the EU. This will be due to the failed governments that came in after Saddam was removed.

4. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    In 50 years we might be experiencing a new world war between the USA and a very powerful USE(United States of Europe-which includes Russia).

5. JediSmuggler

JediSmuggler Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 1999
    Lord_Fett:

I see the U.S. (with whatever territory it has taken from Iraq and possibly Saudi Arabia) in a cold war with the present EU (with the possible exception of the UK) quite easily.

Russia and a lot of the countries in Eastern Europe are much friendlier and more supportive of us than the former NATO countries. Putin has pretty much thrown his lot in with the United States of America.

6. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    lot of the countries in Eastern Europe are much friendlier and more supportive of us

Actually in 50 years those countries will be a part of the EU.

The countries who will not join are Switzerland, Iceland, perhaps Norway and Holy See...

a very powerful USE(United States of Europe-which includes Russia).

Although I doubt that Russia is going to join. In 50 years EU will still give most of it's money to former Communist countries to support their economy. So that they can level with the west.

So I highly doubt that there will be a war between EU and USA in 50 years...

7. HavocHound

HavocHound Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The dollar will be replaced by the Euro. The UN and the EU will merge under the leadership of a resurgent fascist Germany and will resurrect the UN-Holy Roman Empire which will be the New World Order. Individuality will be considered a crime against the State. There will be Rebel factions, primarity in the USA who will resist - mostly survivalists and other insugents. It will be a guerrilla war and the Rebels will use hit-and-run tactics against the Empire's mighty siege engine. They will not topple the Empire but some militia factions will manage to hold out.

The economy will be global corporatism with the one-world government in control of all means of production and consumption. Business will be a sadistic rat trap in which everyone who accepts the Mark of the Beast slaves their lives away for the State while those who reject the Mark are executed. No one will be able to buy, sell, or trade without the Mark, which will be imprinted on either the right hand or the forehead (depending on whether you're a "brain" or a "muscle" in the Empire's master plan) and will be a symbol of obedience and conformity.

But there's light at the end of the tunnel for those who resist. So RISE!

8. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    As for Australia, it will become a burnt-out desolate wasteland where the highways are a white-line nightmare taken over by roving gangs of sadistic lunatics led by the likes of the Toe Cutter, the Humungus, and Aunty Entity.

[face_mischief] :p

Oh yeah, and cops will wear black leather suits and shoulder pads and they'll all be armed with sawed-off double-barrel shotguns.

9. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    *slaps forehead*

HavocHound the chance that the US is going to take over the world is a lot bigger then a joint EU - UN.

So I'm going say this safely. That is never going to happen :)

10. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    I've new views...

It's just been an attention to BBC world.

The rift between EU and USA is getting bigger a lot bigger.

I'm for certain that there's going to be a war between them.

With NO winners. Both US and EU will be heavely depleted of recources and too weak to continue fighting.

After the war a power will come to rise taking over countries with no problems and no one argueing.

It fits perfectly in the current situation. We're going to be ****ed up that is fore sure...
    like obiwansbeard

11. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I are already ****** up.I don´t see major changes in the next 50 years,but a major war is almost invetable.

12. The1

The1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2001
    The dollar will be replaced by the Euro. The UN and the EU will merge under the leadership of a resurgent fascist Germany and will resurrect the UN-Holy Roman Empire which will be the New World Order. Individuality will be considered a crime against the State. There will be Rebel factions, primarity in the USA who will resist - mostly survivalists and other insugents. It will be a guerrilla war and the Rebels will use hit-and-run tactics against the Empire's mighty siege engine. They will not topple the Empire but some militia factions will manage to hold out.

That is until a small rebel fleet led by a young man from a far off land gets a hold of secret miltary plans for a super "death star" we'll call it. And in a miracle they destroy it. Just kidding but I also agree that the world is screwed.

13. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Let's colonise the moon or mars

and escape this screwed world!

14. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Isn't there anyone who thinks the world isn't screwed??? I would like to think that in a few generations, our great-great granchildren will have learne from all our mistakes and will be intellectually superior to us, and start to bring about world peace, completely abolish crime, get rid of all polution, weapons, and nukes, abolish hunger, and cure every disease.

15. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Yeah the US and EU will war, and China will be the last man standing......and everyone will clamor for the days when the US was the world's only superpower.

Either that or we'll all be united under the red, white and blue!!!!!!!!

Of France :p

16. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    "Either that or we'll all be united under the red, white and blue!!!!!!!!"

I wish you would quit with that already.

17. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Of France

or Luxembourg, Netherlands, UK, Australia, New - Zeeland etc. :p

18. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    as the world in a whole...i see the economies being very codependant. war dont know, but i do know that technology will be far more advanced then we think. look 50 years back... 1952? we went from black nad whit TV to TV's in cars, and cell phones, and computers being now handheld. i can only imagine what will happen it 50 years. cures, cloning, weapons, thats scary...

19. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    The world in 50 years will not be screwed, we will not have depleted our natural resources. The EU will either have disintigrated or will have become a strong union. I have no idea what will happen to the USA but Israel and Palestine will probably still be at it.

That's about it, I don't buy all this Armaggedon crap, you kids have watched too much SF.

EDIT- Oh yeah, and Major Corporations will be running the show. (well, technically they already are for most part but more obvious by then.)

20. Appan_Parsu

Appan_Parsu Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2001
    I see three government bodies the United States of Europe, the Middle East and the United States of America. We would have had contact with Aliens, several at that but not all good. Earth would have been hit in 2019 by the asteroid 2002 NT7 having coursed major damage after several attempts in stopping it. And I'll be 78 years old as too will my wife, with ten grand children.

21. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    I wish you would quit with that already.

It was a joke. I'm glad you fell into it.

BTW, did you ignore the fact that I said France or the little :p

22. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    I'm smart enough to see through cheap wit.

23. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    Fair enough, I'll accept it than as momentary lapse of judgement.

;) <------This means I'm kidding.

24. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm with Pelleaon on this.

There are things that give me pause, global weather changes, asteroid impact and such. But I don't lose sleep over these things.

My other thoghts are posted on the previous pages. We will still be here.
    I suspect every generation will have its own share of worries and think the end is coming, but even a light look at what various groups are working towards in the areas of rocketry, science, medicine, and various other technologies, and I think in 50 years people won't be so pesimistic.

We'll see, I'll be 81 in 50 years.

25. HavocHound

Nov 30, 2000
    I used the terms "Empire" and "Rebels" because that's really what it's going to be...the Forth Reich (actually, the tenth and final Roman Empire) vs. we who resist.

And as for living in a world without weapons, I'd rather die. A world without weapons would be world in which the strong could take whatever they want from the weak without opposition. There would be murder, rape, order, and oppression. To be armed is to be free...independent. We must never allow ourselves to be ruled. Death to all who seek to enslave us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.