main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT How do you think Darth Vader felt about his loss of looks?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Mace Windu's Cousin, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Mace Windu's Cousin

Mace Windu's Cousin Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2015
    He went dashing, handsome Jedi Knight loved by the people.

[​IMG]

To Frankenstein monster after his meeting on Mustafa

[​IMG]

let's explore that for moment. We know any trooper who saw vader without his helmet was killed, so it must have bothered him.

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I think he was feeling a bit.....hot under the collar about it.

*I'll see myself out

3. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    well on the plus side he'll never have to shave again .

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the ROTJ novel, he's thinking about his appearance in his last conversation with Luke:

It was a face that had not seen itself in twenty years.
    Vader saw his son crying, and knew it must have been at the horror of the face the boy beheld.
    It intensified, momentarily, Vader's own sense of anguishto his crimes, now, he added guilt at the imagined repugnance of his appearance. But then this brought him to mind of the way he used to lookstriking, and grand, with a wry tilt to his brow that hinted of invincibility and took in all of life with a wink. Yes, that was how he'd looked once.
    And this memory brought a wave of other memories with it. Memories of brotherhood, and home. His dear wife. The freedom of deep space. Obi-Wan.
    Obi-Wan, his friend ... and how that friendship had turned. Turned, he knew not how but got injected, nonetheless, with some uncaring virulence that festered, until ... hold. These were memories he wanted none of, not now. Memories of molten lava, crawling up his back ... no.
    This boy had pulled him from that pithere, now, with this act. This boy was good.
    The boy was good, and the boy had come from him - so there must have been good in him, too. He smiled up again at his son, and for the first time, loved him. And for the first time in many long years, loved himself again, as well.
    Suddenly he smelled something — flared his nostrils, sniffed once more. Wildflowers, that was what it was. Just blooming; it must be spring.
    And there was thunder — he cocked his head, strained his ears. Yes, spring thunder, for a spring rain. To make the flowers bloom.
    Yes, there ... he felt a raindrop on his lips. He licked the delicate droplet… but wait, it wasn’t sweet water, it was salty, it was ... a teardrop.
    He focused on Luke once again, and saw his son was crying. Yes, that was it, he was tasting his boy’s grief — because he looked so horrible; because he was so horrible.
    But he wanted to make it all right for Luke, he wanted Luke to know he wasn’t really ugly like this, not deep inside, not all together. With a little self-deprecatory smile, he shook his head at Luke, explaining away the unsightly beast his son saw. “Luminous beings are we, Luke — not this crude matter.”
    Luke shook his head, too — to tell his father it was all right, to dismiss the old man’s shame, to tell him nothing mattered now. And everything — but he couldn’t talk.
    Vader spoke again, even weaker — almost inaudible. “Go, my son. Leave me.”
    What's that from?

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Probably wasn't happy he lost his nice head of hair.. I wouldn't be happy..

11-4D and Mostly Handless like this.
  6. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Well, now he really does look sand blasted.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Vader: We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner now I am the master

Obi-Wan: And I'm in my 50s and still have more hair in one spot than your entire body

*Vader's manhood is so crushed, he slumps over and cries while Obi-Wan puts shades on*

8. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    My hair! I can't live without it!

No wonder Master Windu was so miserable!

9. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    He didn't care.

10. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    Darth Vader: You find me very attractive.
    Woman at bar: I find you very attractive.

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Had to be a bummer. Went from getting suggestive looks from multiple women in the club to wearing a goofy looking robot suit all the time.

Mostly Handless and heels1785 like this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Sith usually aren't concerned with the superficial so he probably stopped caring pretty soon.

13. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    The Dark Side corrupts you physically over time so he would have eventually lost those male model looks over time.

When he was burning on Mustafar, he was so angry and filled with hate. He was determine to live for himself & Padme.
    All he wanted at that point was to SURVIVE & SAVE PADME. Those were his priorities. Once he became Vader & began his life behind the mask, I'm sure he yearned for his old self. I am sure he yearned for Padme and his old self so he could be a stronger Sith. Anakin wanted Padme back & undoubtedly he was not happy living in a robot suit. The suit prevented him from becoming potentially the strongest Sith of all time

I think Padme would have loved Anakin regardless of his looks. But I doubt she could have ever brought herself to be with him as he served the evil Empire. Padme had an unconditional love for Anakin

14. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    When he was older his looks made people sick. As a young man it was his romantic dialogue. Dude could never win.

15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i don't think he was happy about it. he pushed his old life out of his thoughts as much as he could but i think his losses of family , friends, body(including looks) fueled his anger.

16. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    oh I don't know , Dooku managed to look pretty dapper .

17. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Considering that Vader lost not only his good looks on Mustafar, but also his arms, legs, and the ability to breath by himself, it must have been a difficult adjustment to make. Then again Darth Vader believed he had 'destroyed' Anakin Skywalker, even talking about the latter in the third person (TESB). Maybe his physical mutilations aided that process.

18. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    That's because Dooku wasn't set on fire. ;) :D

oncafar likes this.
  19. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I would think he would have been more concerned about what the loss of his natural body meant for his decreased ability to use the Force. It definitely made him weaker and stunted any plans for defeating the Emperor any time soon.

oncafar and Mostly Handless like this.
  20. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
  21. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    While the sheer extent of the scarring must have been initially distressing, he realized that his new visage had its own uses. Intimidation and such. There is also the superhuman levels of resiliency granted to him by both his innate strength and his armor which makes him resistant to pain and bodily harm.

22. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Vader says, "Well the actor who plays me is in his 70s, and I still look younger than you do under the helmet. Remember who beat Dooku and who got his butt kicked by a man 30 years older than you are now? What, did you not bring any sunscreen to Tatooine? You're out of shape, old man."

IHeartKenobi89 and Deliveranze like this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean other then having his flesh roasted I really don't think he cared in the grand scheme of things.

24. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i don't think he cared.

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    He could have looked worse:

[​IMG]