main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how do you think hayden Christensen should handle his role as Anakin and Vader in episode 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Nolimit_Veritas, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolimit_Veritas

Nolimit_Veritas Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2003
    EDIT: Please use our existing thread here

2. NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2003
    I think that Anakins character will become so twisted by the time he becomes Vader, that it will be a natural transition, with no major acting changes. I think, judging from AOC, that he will be able to do this perfectly.

3. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    He should be the same as in AotC, but calmer, more controled. He should be much more mature, due to having served as a commander for two years in the war, and having been married.

He should show more of a feeling of equality with Obi-Wan, and a growing friendship with him.

That's the first half. Then...he should go crazy. More of the attitude he had in the confession scene in AotC, except with more focus. Not such a loose cannon.

4. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    One thing's for sure - I have 100% faith that Hayden will pull it off brilliantly! He was awesome in AOTC! :)

5. Nolimit_Veritas

May 18, 2003
    are you serious? he was ok.

i cant blame the actors when they are given crappy lines.

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    To be continuous with the OT, he should wave his finger or shake his fist a lot, and always out of sync with his words.

Rick McCallum loves you!

7. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Haydens role in Episode 2 was a good role for him. He did a good job. Only his dialogue during his love scenes with Padme was bad. As far as Haydens role as Anakin in the third film, he should be more imposing and arrogant but other then that he should be like he was in AOTC.

8. Nolimit_Veritas

May 18, 2003
    yeah the love scenes were terrible. oh well,

as for other vader mannerisms hayden couold try resting his hands on his belt like vader does.

9. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I hope they do try to mix some mannerisms in from the OT, like the hands on the belt. It could be easily overdone and end up silly so they have to be careful, but some little stuff like that could be very cool.
    I think we'll see at least one more breaking moment like when Shmi dies when he'll completely lose it, and other than that he should be very cool and in control of every situation.

and as an actor, Hayden needs to gain a lot of weight and bulk up. I know Vader has some bionic parts and all, but come on. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.