main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you think/ hope the jedi will be destroyed

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Rebel_Loyaltist, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2001
    Even though I like the Jedi and would want them to be destroyed it's gonna happen. But anyway I hope Palpy clones some force users to hunt down the jedi. Hopefully with a big clone force users vs jedi battle in some area on Coruscant. (With a big space battle and atmosphere battle to make it climatic)Then the Mace dies doing something herioc like sneaking on the force user ship and blowing it up while he's on it.

2. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    I think they should be killed as mercilessly as possible, to make the very dark feeling Ep. 3 should give us

People agree, Ep. 3 will be dark and people will love it

3. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    I dunno about you guys but I've always rooted for the bad guys in starwars. They are just to cool to lose.

I hope theres no cloned force users. That would cheapen it a bit. I think Vader, Boba , Aurra Sing and a bunch of stormtroopers will do just fine.

4. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Somebody a while ago had a theory that a huge land battle like in AOTC would happen, Clones Vs. Droids with the clones led by the Jedi. Then right During the battle, the clones would betray the Jedi and kill a LARGE amount of them in that battle. Then the others would be hunted down by Vader/Bounty Hunters. [/color]

5. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Remember Obi-Wan told Luke that he fought in the Clone Wars and that Vader helped the Empire hunt down the Jedi Knights. To this point, I assume that the Clone Troopers, who were apart of the ever emerging Empire themselves, carried out the order to do away with the Jedi. Maybe the Jedi may fall prey to Vader, Clone Troopers and hired hands such as bounty hunters. But who knows until GL gives us more to go on.

6. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Here is my theory:

In the beginning of the film, the separatists will be defeated by the Republic starfleet.
    Dooku won´t be there, though. He will be on Kamino, collecting his own clone army, which he ordered a couple of years after the Jango-army was ordered. Perhaps they will have cloned Dooku himself. The clones won´t be able to use the Force though, but they will be more powerful than the Jango-clones.
    So, when the Republic believes the war is over, Dooku shows up with this new army and declares war anew. Then there will be a senate scene, where some senators want Palpatine to renounce his emergency powers so they can vote for a stronger Supreme Chancellor who can end the suffering of the galaxy.
    Palpatine, or a senator, will then tell the senate that the clone army was ordered by the Jedi council and that it happened by the time Dooku "left" the Jedi order to create his separatist movement. He will also tell them that it happened shortly after he became Supreme Chancellor.
    It will look as if Dooku and the Jedi council has worked together to overthrow Palpatine, by putting the galaxy through unthinkable pain. That will cause mass hysteria. Almost everyone will want to see the Jedi dead. Palpatine will take the Jedi´s authorities from them and order the clones to "take care of" the Jedi [face_devil]

So what about Dooku´s clones? Palpatine will take control of them once Anakin has killed the owner....
    So the clones will fight the Jedi, but we will probably not see much of that. There will be some shots of Vader commanding the clones and striking down some Jedi, possibly Mace.
    Near the end of the film, we will surely see the Jedi temple being blasted into oblivion, to mirror the destruction of the second Death Star.

7. Akebono

Akebono Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2002
    I see a massive attack on the Jedi Temple with air/ground troops. The remaining Jedi will be hunted down by Vader.

Then maybe Dooku tracking down Yoda on Dagobah and Yoda killing Dooku in the cave.

8. -Edward-

-Edward- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2002
    i hope that the clones dont betray the jedi IN BATTLE as someone said, i would absolutely hate to see that

9. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    I would very like to see an attack on the Jedi Temple.
    Yoda, Mace Windu, Bail Organa, Padmé, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli and Bariss Offee to defend it.

First we see these Jedi talking about the Clone War and about transporting Padmé and Bail to Alderaan.
    Then we hear Troopers invading the Temple.
    Some screams.
    Faster music.
    Yoda, Bail and Padmé going to the Jedi Hangar.
    The Jedi locking a door.
    Troopers who bang on it, trying to open it.
    The Jedi igniting their sabres.
    Then the Imperial March starts.
    The door slights open and we first see the floor.
    We then go up and see Darth Vader.
    We have a fight were all Jedi except Mace and Yoda die.
    Yoda, Mace, Bail and Padmé can escape to the hangar.
    Just before they lift of, Vader appears.
    Mace says that Yoda, Bail and Padmé have to run, ignite his lightsaber ...
    and dies heroic by Vader.

10. Akebono

Akebono Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2002
    I like it, that works. I just can't see the Jedi scattering across the galaxy and Vader hunting them down one by one. The movie would be too long and get old.

They need to be take out in one swift blow, as Tarkin would put it.

Only Obi-Wan and Yoda survive obviously.

11. MadMc

MadMc Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    I think the most believeable way would be to kill as many Jedi at once as possible,
    e.g. by destroying the Jedi Temple during a big meeting or blasting some spaceship/station.
    After that, maybe only a few dozen Jedi survive, enough to be hunted down by Vader over the next 20 or so years.

Cheers,
    Mac

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    i hope that the clones dont betray the jedi IN BATTLE as someone said, i would absolutely hate to see that

I'm actually hoping that's what happens. For some reason.

13. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    i think it will be an attack on the Jedi temple or maybe just blowing up the temple itself. It would take too long to show each Jedi die individually & having them all in one place seems like a golden opportunity to kill them all at once. at least most of them. I think the "hunt down and destroy" part will be where the movie leaves off. most of the main Jedi we know like Mace will be killed on screen, but they may save fan favorites like Kit Fisto to be killed in books.
    I only say that beacuse the NJO books are winding down and I think the SW money machine will keep rolling. The Jedi Purge era seems like a great thing to write books about.
    So, I think most Jedi will be killed in one catastrophic (sp?) event.
    It might not be the most exciting thing, but theres gonna be a lot of Jedi to kill.

14. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I like Apophis' idea. I like watching characters fightning there hardest even though they know there gonna die. I find it very powerful. Mace dying defending the Jedi Temple by Vaders hand would be awesome to see. Perhaps Mace is getting the younglins onto a transport when Vader comes in. He knows there isn't enough time so he goes and faces Vader. Thats my fantasy anyway.

15. Master_Qualis_Rex

Master_Qualis_Rex Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2002
    i hope Anakin kills Dooku.
    And i hope its Anakin not Vader who kills Mace Windu, as he has to show us how powerful he is as the chosen one..something like the clone troopers swoop on to the jedi temple with Anakin at the forefront of the attack killing all the jedi in there and then Anakin takes out Windu himself. Then finds that his former Master is not there and goes to hunt him down.

I also hope we see a great battle between Obi-wan and Anakin.

16. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    I just thought about something.
    What if we don't get to see that Anakin = Vader?
    Then the shock will be in Ep V like before for the people who watch the PT first.

17. Master_Qualis_Rex

Master_Qualis_Rex Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2002
    But they will still have to show how Obi-wan knows Vader is Anakin

18. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    Most likely the bulk of the Jedi will die as a result of the Clone Wars. Most might even be gone by the time of Episode III.

I've always liked the idea of the clonetroopers turning on the Jedi in battle and wiping them out with their sheer numbers.

19. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]yeh, I could see clone troopers betraying the jedi in a huge battle, and ALSO an attack on the Jedi Temple. But how will Palpatine get away with killing the Jedi in large numbers? Will he have the EMPIRE in place by then?[/color]

20. Rottenbucher

Rottenbucher Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2003
    I am hoping to see Tyranus take part in the killing of several Jedi like Windu and the remaining... but when Obi and Ani catch wind of this they go after him again...

Where Anikin gets brutally injured by Dooku, and Yoda interviens and kills Dooku, for murdering Jedi.

21. merlin

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Anakin will kill Dooku, just as Luke was supposed to kill Vader to take his place. [/color]

22. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    And don't like the fact that Yoda would kill Dooku.
    I don't think it's in Yoda's nature to kill someone ...

23. Rottenbucher

Rottenbucher Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2003
    FYI the reason I say Yoda will kill Dooku is because of the Padawan deal... I am indifferent either way.

I think Dooku will be the cheif destroyer of the Jedi until Vader comes into power.

24. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I am not expecting a large scale Jedi slaughter scene. The easiest and most practical way to dispose of them is to have most of them die as a result of leading the armies in the Clone War. As we saw in AOTC, Jedi can die in battle when they are overwhelmed, if the separatist troops have orders to target the Jedi during combat, many Jedi will die.

After the war, when Palpatine has tight control over the military and political might of the Republic, it is a simple matter for him to use this power to destroy the remaining Jedi.

I am beginning to think that the Clone War will negate the need for a special "Jedi Purge."

25. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I think Dooku will be the cheif destroyer of the Jedi until Vader comes into power

I think of we see Dooku kill many Jedi and then Vader comes along and starts doing it, it will cheapen Vader a little bit. I think it helps makes Vader more powerful if he helps wipe out the order by himself but when he's taken over from someone who has already done it its like 'wow big deal, Dooku has already done that'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.