main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you Think Humans Will Die Out?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by GreenWrinklyYoda, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthYama

DarthYama Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2001
    A mixture of plague, due to overcrowding, and holy wars.

2. Master_of_Darkness

Master_of_Darkness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Global Warming, hm?

Silly Democrats, just terroizing people with propaganda is for terroists

One day the sun will go boom, and we will go boom. Aliens will go boom. Everyone will go boom including roaches and space roaches and air roaches with the small wings.

Nostradamus didn't even predict the end of the world. So therefore most likely it will be peaceful :)

3. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    In the event of nuclear armagedon, the only two things that would survive are cockroaches, and the Incredible Hulk. All we have to do to ensure our survival is create the Hulk.

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I don't think humanity will ever completely die out. Perhaps we're here to stay.

Humanity will face tradgedy and challenges in the future, but we'll survive, adapt, and eventually thrive.

5. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    We will all win a Darwin award...

:D

Realistically, it is an impossibiilty to me. I am a Christian so I believe that humans, the epitome of God's creation will not die out until this decrepit universe is destroyed.

6. DarthYama

DarthYama Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2001
    But, we won't be humans anymore by then. We would of evolved into something different, maybe even transcend physical existence.

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Man some of you guys are so depressing. You are like humanty is stupid and therefore we are going to kill ourselves. One thing that gives me hope is that we have not yet! Every day we dont off ourselves is a day to be proud to be human.

Humanity is stupid. There are those lucky few who are smart.

Also, would a nuclear war or global warming kill off all humans? Wouldnt some survive? Some of the theories given fall into that catagory actually.

In the event of a nuclear winter, life will go on. Some humans may survive even that. Nature will find a way to make humans adapt to their new surroundings. Though we may not look like humans anymore. :D

As for global warming, isn't that just the threat of the polar icecaps melting and therefore flooding our coastal cities? Sometimes I wonder if global warming isnt that really big like everyone says it will be. I mean, its not like gonna be the end of the world? Maybe for those with beach front property.

It's a scary thought when you think about it, our lives are in the hands of politicians

Our lives are in the hands of those who elect those politicians, technically. But yeah, its a scary thought. All it takes is one mad man to start the MAD sceniro[sp?].

Some people really think of alien invasion? My my, Hollywood has worked well, didn't it?

You don't believe do you?

Actually hollywood hasn't influenced me about the possibility of alien invasions. Books and my own wild imagination has.

Nostradamus didn't even predict the end of the world. So therefore most likely it will be peaceful

Actually he did. I dont remember the exact year but I think its somewhere between 3000 and 5000.

8. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Death Star :D :D :D
    Didn't Alderran seem a bit familiar to you? :confused:

Seriously, if it isn't from religion (which I think it will be) then probably from the sun going out. Everything else we have some what of a limited control over, the sun is the only thing we can't protect from.

Oh and if the polar ice caps melted some of the continents would be under water, but it wouldn't be like waterworld or anything.

9. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    decrepit universe

Decrepit?! My home, this is! :D

Seriously, the UNIVERSE is a great place... the cosmos is beautiful. Earth is beautiful too, but some people lessen that effect.

10. Macho-Man

Macho-Man Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    I share Obi-Zahn's view. I firmly believe there will be plenty of nuclear wars, probably centered around Israel, before God's plan has come to pass.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Wow, I'm not sure what to make of some of this.
    Humanity is going to do just fine. The only thing near term I can realistically imagine destroying us would be an extiction level impact from a comet or asteroid.
    The chances of one occuring in our lifetime is remote but possible.
    The asteroid that just missed us by 75 thousnad miles would have wiped out a city but the global impact would have been nil.
    Nostrodomus predicted we would be hit by Halley's Comet in 1985, didn't happen.
    He also said we would have a nuclear war right about now, not gonna happen.
    I should say those are the things the people who translated Nostrodomus said.

Anyway...
    If we get enough population into space over the next few decades we will live on for some time.

Please, no one make Aludium Pu-36.
    And if you see a flying saucer and the occupants seem violent, please tell someone.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Nostrodomus predicted we would be hit by Halley's Comet in 1985, didn't happen.
    He also said we would have a nuclear war right about now, not gonna happen.
    I should say those are the things the people who translated Nostrodomus said.

You need to research into Nostrodomus more than just one or two books.

He didn't predict Halley's Comet impacting the Earth. He predicted an event would begin when Halley's Comet appears around this time before it would appear again some decades later.

He also did not specifically predict that it would be a nuclear war and that it would happen right now. He predicted that the start of the "seven and twenty year war" would happen right about now.

When some guy by the name of "Mabus" dies is supposedly the final sign that the 27 year war has begun. Now, the question is, who is Mabus?

I read one book (and got a good laugh) that George W. Bush (Jr.) was one of the candidates to be Mabus. Osama bin Laden was another. I forgot who the third one was.

There is a really good book on Nostrodamus prediction of WWIII: "World War III: 2002" It describes in great detail as to what might happen to bring about WW3 and how it is fought. It also ties both Nostrodamus predictions and the events in Revelation together. You should check it out at Barnes & Noble someday if your interested in that kind of stuff or just looking for a good laugh.

13. Darth Fierce

Darth Fierce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    Nostrodamus predicted I would eat a cookie right now... and by the Gods he was right!

14. ismaren

ismaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    In the near future I would say we'd wipe ourselves out with nuclear war.

I think other plausible events would be we ruin our environment to the point that our foodsources die out, thus making the human race starve to death. Meteors are what they think destroyed the dinosuars, and it could do the same to us.

15. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Humans are very adaptable. i think it would have to be something sudden and catastropic(sp?) to completly kill the human race. if its a disease, there will almost certainly be some with a natural immunity(sp?) or who have it in a milder form so build up an immunity.

A major climate change(weather resulting from nucleur war or meteor or w/e) would have some humans surviving and adapting.

We would most likely be able to beat back aliens by sheer numbers alone, so they would have to either have a geneticly engineered virus (or something like that), or destrot the entire planet.

The only real danger would be like the sun expanding, and we would probably have enough technology(sp?) by that time to escape the earth.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

16. 800-pound_ewok

800-pound_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2002
    ...not with a bang, but with a whimper...

cheers!

17. Darth_SnowDog

Darth_SnowDog Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Realistically, it is an impossibiilty to me. I am a Christian so I believe that humans, the epitome of God's creation will not die out until this decrepit universe is destroyed.

This decrepit universe...

God: "You guys look like... dorks!"

The Universe: "They're your clothes..."

(all apologies to Quentin Tarantino, re: Pulp Fiction)

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Nostradamus is like Astrology. His "predictions" are so vague they could apply to anything. Therefore, they actually mean nothing.

19. Darth_Nemesis

Darth_Nemesis Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    I'll I know is God's going to **** us up.

20. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Terrorists will eventually get nuclear weapons and eventually a large nuclear war will rage throught the world. Perhaps something reminiscent to Planet of the Apes will occur.

21. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Humanity can never be wiped out entirely unless the planet explodes. So I'm guessing it'll be the sun dying out. But by then we'll probably be everywhere, in trillions.

22. council_of_trent

council_of_trent Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Nostradamus predicted the end of the world somewhere between 3000 and 5000?

Wow.

Is he like a cable company or something?

23. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    He started the cable companies. :p

24. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    If I remember correctly, Nostradamus predicted the end of the world would occur in the year 3774.

Anyway, I think I'll know how terrorists will start a nuclear war. They'll purhcase some from a rogue US commando team on the island of Shadow Moses in the Fox Archipelago off the coast of Alaska. The island will also hold a 600-ton walking tank capable of launching nuclear missiles from anywhere on the world.

That sounds real specific doesn't it. :cool:

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Somebody has been playing Metal Gear Solid waaaaaaay too much. :D 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.