main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you Think Humans Will Die Out?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by GreenWrinklyYoda, Jul 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    The Events in the bible will come... Therefore some day End mankind. I know Revelation will end mankind.

Other Possiable Ablitities..
    1) Nuclear War
    2) Asteriod
    3) something else.

2. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hmm, anyone mentioned the possibility of a VEI-8 volcanic eruption? If you aren't sure what'd happen, I'm free for lectures! :D

Seriously, we live in an age where we're obsessed with end-of-the-world scenarios. As a Christian I believe the bottom line rests with someone else - who has a lot more sense than a politician...

3. Major_Derek_Klivian

Major_Derek_Klivian Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2001
    You all realize that the universe itself, b/c it is expanding, will die out in a few billion years? Yes, that is a long time away, but b/c the universe will fall apart, there is no way that humanity can survive forever.

4. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Well if God doesn't end the world... like he attends to sooner or later. It will take many many trillions of years to let the Unverise Implode.

5. KEDA

KEDA Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    all Nuclear war heads...
    someones going to bomb some onels and then the chan reaction starts....
    think about it..
    every country has atleast one....

6. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Of course there is a very remote possibility we all may simultaneously choke on a fish bone.

7. Obi-HaCoR

Obi-HaCoR Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2002
    Well as a Christian, my views of how humans will die out are a little different then most :) I'll probably get tons of heat for something like this but I guess its expected from The Senate.

Have You ever read the novel series "Left Behind". Well if you haven't, if your a Christian or non-Christian, its a definiate must read. Just to get an idea of where Christians are coming from on their beliefs of the last days of the World.

Well anyway, my belief is that there is this event called "The Rapture" which is where, Christ basically calls all those that are saved, up to heaven and leaves all those that are not saved on earth to face what us Christians call the "Tribulation". The Tribulation lasts a total of 7 years. This consists of major events which will slowely over time decrease the population greatly. Things which are much worst then the 7 plagues that are talked about in the Bible. The Anti-Christ comes to earth proclaiming he is Jesus Christ. Some people will follow him and others won't. Basically choosing sides and at the end of the 7 years, those that are still alive, which will be very few, are then judged by Christ and the Anti-Christ is destroyed. Thus, destroying the rest of the human race that believed in the Anti-Christ instead of the real thing. Its a very complicated thing to understand at first.

If you want better explaining, read the "Left Behind" series. Its not an exact event of everything that will happen, but close enough idea of what Christians believe. It's definitly a great read if your interested in expanding your knowledge of someone elses religion and learning something. Either that, or pick up the Bible and read the whole book of Revelations. If your new to it all, I suggest you have someone that understands it, help you with it, because its one of the most difficult books of the Bible to understand but its worth knowing.

May The Force Be With You,
    Obi-HaCoR

8. Chris2

Chris2 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 11, 1998
    Basically end-time theory goes something like this:

-Rebulding of the temple-The Islamic temple mount is either dismantled or destroyed; Jews rebuild the Third Temple and resume animal sacrifices.

-Rapture-The saints are spirited up so they don't have to deal with all the turmoil to come.

-Rise of the Antichrist, or the Beast-A political or religious leader who apparentally defiles the temple and Israel and calls on people worldwide to worship him. Apparentally he is the sucessor to a previous ruler of some kind, and demands that people worship the previous ruler as welll, who apparentally suffers a grevious injury but survives. The Beast apparentally economically supresses everyone somehow, through a 'mark'-whether the mark is a literal one, or something else like some form of currency is unknown-but apparentally it's a way of paying money which is international.

-Super-disasters-God decides to show his wrath on the world. Meteor strikes("Falling stars" "Millstones") super earthquakes, contaminated waters, diseases, swarms of insects, are the norm.

-Fall of Babylon-The Antichrist/Beast finds himself under siege, and a "great city" of some form-perhaps his base-is destroyed big-time.

-The Second Coming-Christ returns and locks up Satan, the antichrist, and others. Most poeple are dead. A number of saints are ressurected, and apparentally join the very few who are still alive in forming a millenial reign on Earth. During this era, Jesus/God begins to redo Earth.

-Armageddon-At the end of the millenial age, Satan manages to rally a large number of remaining sinners and bad guys to take on Jesus and co. Huge battle rages in Israel. Satan is defeated-for good.

-2nd ressurection-All mankind, from all generations, is ressurected, and then judged. Those who either denied christ or were continous sinners get cast into the lake of fire. Those who accepted and did their very best not to sin get the kingdom of the Heaven-not just Heaven itself, but Earth and presumabely the rest of the Universe as well. Paradise restored-a virtual utopia of no death, no wars, no hunger etc...

9. DESERTJEDI

DESERTJEDI Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Wow its almost like star wars.

Holy wars, Episode II "Attack of the st. clones"

So what I want to know is that even if your are good and don't accept jesus your still going to be judged and thrown into a pit of fire??

so Hindus, buddists, native cultures, muslims will all be thrown into this lake of fire???????????? even if they are good.

what about catholic priests?????

10. Master_Eli

Master_Eli Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2002
    I don't think we ever will. Granted someone will bomb someone in the near future. Some terrorist will use a nuke on the states, who will in return atack everyone since they don't really know who let the bomb off and tnen every one is done right up the bum. We're all screwed. We would them probably have to do the Dr.Stranglove thingy to surive.

But if that firey death thing dosen't happen then I see it as more if a matrix thing. Not so much machine controling man. but man being so dependant on machine it might as well be machine ruleing man.

I say this because there are the 3 rules of robotics. I fail to recall them all right now but the general gist is that they can't, or won't do ANYTHING to hurt man or could cause harm. So if all robots follow these rules then I don't see a Terminator thing happening. but we are getting fatter and lazier as a race on a whole. So I see the robot babysitter future as what's going to go down.

11. Chris2

Chris2 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 11, 1998
    In a way it is like Star Wars-evil political ruler seizes power, and no one is the wiser before it's too late. But good wins in the end.
    The rest of it is pretty much like the climax of Raiders Of The Lost Ark-judgement of god and all...

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The End comes in a few levels.

Individual: Run over by car, shark attack, disease etc. Think of this as short term.

Intermediate survival: Nuclear war, or other man made catastrophy.

Long term: Impact, Supernova, Nearby gamma ray burst.

Yes, yes, we all know the horrors technology can make. But without it mankind's future is doomed. Think dinosaurs and any other creature that has gone extinct.

Dinosuars made it ok for hundreds of millions of years, they died because they were stuck here. Moving portions(more and more as time goes on) off world ensures longevity by decreasing the chances of any one thing from destoying all of humanity in a single stroke.

13. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
  14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Wow its almost like star wars.

Holy wars, Episode II "Attack of the st. clones"

So what I want to know is that even if your are good and don't accept jesus your still going to be judged and thrown into a pit of fire??

so Hindus, buddists, native cultures, muslims will all be thrown into this lake of fire???????????? even if they are good.

what about catholic priests?????

Thats what I dont like about revelations or the bible. It only talks about the people who worship Jehovah. That only they will be saved. Plus what is a sin to one culture is a tradition or norm to another. Only that culture who believes everything that is taboo according to their standards and ideals is a sin. Therefore those who commit those sins as tradition or the norm are doomed.

15. DESERTJEDI

May 18, 2001
    link
    This is how!!
    We only have 17 years :p

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    LOL@DesertJedi

Ja, last I heard though they recalculated its course and its gonna miss us.

17. DESERTJEDI

May 18, 2001
    I guess they figure its a very low low chance of hitting but, still puts alot of thought into perspective don't it. Kind of creepy to think "What would we do?"

We would have 17 years to figure some sort of deflection which for that small of an object wouldn't be to hard.

18. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo: Humanity is stupid. There are those lucky few who are smart.

Individuals humans have the capacity of being smart. Groups of people multiply and exagerrate the idiot within all of us.

There are many different possibilities of what will wipe mankind out. There are also many possibilities as to when that will happen.

Unless someone decides to nuke the planet or we run into a stray meteor, I think we will be around for at least several hundred more years, probably several thousand.

19. Inari_Icewalker

Inari_Icewalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2001
    We'll probably destroy and consume every other animal species first, keep wildly and irresponsibly reproducing, and then eventually starve to death.

Oh, and then the asteroid collision/invasion by nasty aliens/massively destructive solar flare/return of some deity will happen :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.