main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How do you think Luke and Rey are related?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by iamthesenate, Dec 22, 2015.

1. iamthesenate

iamthesenate Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    There are a lot of theories about their relationship, but how do you think they're related?

2. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015
    Either she is his daughter or they are not related at all.

3. iamthesenate

iamthesenate Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 21, 2015

I think so too. Theres also this theory that she was once one of Luke's students and Luke just used memory rub on her to forget about what Ben Solo did to his other students

4. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    She's his daughter. The parallels in their stories are way too obvious, even the traits she shares with Anakin, and she has Anakin's latent ability with the force. She resembles her grandmother. To me there's no doubt she is Luke's daughter and if she's not then to me the story is somewhat ruined because the emotional payoff from VII is gone.

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Nope.

Still putting money on Rey the chosen one, virgin birth.

6. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Honestly, at this point if she's not his daughter I'll be mad.

God, I hope not.

7. Bontchimuz

Bontchimuz Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    At this point I hope she is Lukes daughter but there is a possibility she is somehow related to Kylo like a half sister from one of Hans other girls. Han seemed to be no show father and embraced his flyboy, smuggler and adventurer destiny....who knows.

Hoping she is Lukes daughter myself.

8. CrazyBladeUK

CrazyBladeUK Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 13, 2015
    I actually hope that they're not related. Her impact would be all the more impressive then.

Hethna likes this.
  9. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    Father daughter 100%. The more interesting question is: Whos the mother.

Dory Vader, butlerd, JorakUln and 2 others like this.
  10. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Got to be his Daughter. SW is after all the story of the skywalker family.

Dory Vader and Darkslayer like this.
  11. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    I've changed my mind and am currently of the opinion that they're not related at all. However, Rey wants a family, and Luke's family was essentially destroyed, so I see the two forming a father/daughter relationship, and eventually Rey will take on the name "Skywalker". This would be the most interesting way to continue the family name, IMO.

So who's Rey's actual biological parents and family? Well, whoever they are, I think they're bad news, and Rey will come to the conclusion that she won't want any part of them, hence Luke adopting her.

As ridiculous as this may sound, I think Rey could be a Palpatine. This is pretty much the only thing that would be more shocking than the "I am your father" scene. Wouldn't it be ironic for a Skywalker and Palpatine to come together to fight evil? She kind of fought like Palpatine in the snowy forest duel and has the British accent which she could have picked up when she was a child in that family. Also, this would be a nice demonstration of Luke's lack of prejudice for not only training a Palpatine, but taking her on as his daughter. It's a nice lesson that demonstrates that no matter the circumstances surrounding your birth, you have always have the ability to make moral choices in your life and be a good person.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    I hope she is not related....the closest I can settle for is maybe the offspring of Kenobi's lovechild.....

fuhry likes this.
  13. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    But in the force blackflash, you clearly hear ren say: "MOM!" NO! with her accent to us yanks it sounds like no, no.. but im pretty sure she said it.. im searching the interwebs for proof..

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Maz Kanata.

Winston_Sith, Glor, Zenwalker and 3 others like this.
  15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    If she's NOT his daughter, then she's connected to him in some other way. There were too many teases/hints for them NOT to be linked in some way.

DaveyWanKenobi and Sarge like this.
  16. latverian333

latverian333 Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2015
    Uncle and niece.

Rey is Kylos sisters and when kylo went to the dark side she was hidden in jakku.

Zenwalker, stoneymetal and Sarge like this.
  17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I don't think they are related. At least not at this moment.

Cyan_Dawn likes this.
  18. R2DJ

R2DJ Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    Definitely father and daughter. originally thought it was Han because they could finish each other sentences, but after second viewing its definitely Luke is her father.
    The evidence (I think) :
    - Rey's flashback scene with R2D2 and Luke. Similar to Princess Leia sending R2D2 on a mission to find Ben in ANH. Luke is sending R2D2 back to Leia on a mission to power down and wake up when BB8 finds the missing piece and Rey is nearby
    - Rey's flashback scene with Rey left on Jakku with an old man (looks like Max Von Sydow's Lor San Tekka) who knows Princess Leia
    - Rey's mind thing with Kylo Ren where she dreams/fears of an island in an ocean which Luke is found
    - Luke to me is pulling strings and watching over her just like Obi Wan and Yoda from a far distance
    - The music played when Rey leaves Leia to goto Luke - i can not remember but it sounds like Luke and Leia's song (brother and sister)???
    - Kylo Ren keeps referring "that girl". if it was his sister, then it be "where is she??" not something harsh as "that girl". Hence a cousin relationship
    - Also KYLO is "sKYwalker soLO" and REY is skYwalkER

19. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia. That's why she's so powerful in the force.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Winston_Sith and DaveyWanKenobi like this.
  20. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    I feel like that might be why they chose Ridley. Driver looks a lot like Ford, but since they don't know who Luke's wife/hookup was yet, they picked someone who looks like Natalie Portman instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dory Vader and DBPirate like this.
  21. Old Rex

Old Rex Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 28, 2015

Felicity Jones' character in Rogue One is my bet. The premise of that movie seems oddly out of place coming between TFA and VIII, especially when a young Han movie seems more appropriate right now. If Felicity Jones' character is Rey's mother, than it instantly becomes relevant coming just six months before the release of VIII.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This. I think its one or the other. Personally, I think she's his daughter.

23. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Luke's monologue in the 2nd trailer is a big clue, I guess:
    "The Force is strong in my family.
    My father has it.
    I have it.
    My sister has it.
    You have that power, too."

Maybe he was talking to a young padawan named Ben but something tells me that it's a message for Rey.
    Then she would be part of the Skywalker family. Which is huge.

24. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Here's my (hopeful) guess:

[​IMG]

Anleifr, Jedimaster_Prowl and fuhry like this.
  25. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    My thoughts are on them being uncle and niece.

Solo-Skywalker, Zenwalker and Sarge like this.