How do you think Mace will die?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by THE_DOODE, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom_Catfish Jedi Master

star 4
    Choose the answerthat best fits the question: How will Mace Windu die?

(a) Disentigrated by Boba Fett.

(b) Mace was the one Jedi to solve the mystery of the sith and was killed by Palpatine before he could warn the remaining Jedi.

(c) Killed by Dooku in a 3 or 4 way with Anakin and or Obi-Wan. Then on to Anakin killing Dooku, then Obi-Wan killing Anakin.

(d) Killed by Vader

(e) None of the above. :_|
  2. THE_DOODE Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin

star 6
    * Agrees with THE DOODE *
  4. Shenanigans Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think he'll be killed by his butler, the retired senator Jar Jar Binks.
  5. THE_DOODE Jedi Master

star 4
    he might lose his head
  6. Geare Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mace is gonna be running towards Vader and trip on his lightsaber..stabbing himself :)
  7. GeneralVeers68 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Boba Fett is going to kill Mace.
  8. Darth Sin Force Ghost

star 5
    If Boba does kill Mace, and the possibility is even greater now based upon this most recent news of Boba looking at Mace as he does.

I have posted several times here in the forum a potential scenario in which this could happen, and it not take away from Mace's abilities, while at the same time get Boba his revenge, and include Darth Vader

Here is how I see a potential scenario for Mace's death by Boba Fett in EP III:

I imagine that Mace will be aiding the getaway of Obi-Wan and Amidala, and maybe a few others, maybe even Yoda.

In like manner that Mace fends off the many droids in the arena, he will be faced round about by many Clone(Storm)Troopers. Mace will take down these troopers, and then from the smoke will come Darth Vader to confront Mace. They will exchange a few words, then the battle will begin. But the battle will be very brief as the two warriors clash with precision.

What will cut the battle short will be a laser cannon blast catching Mace from behind off guard as his concentration is on Vader and their battle. The blast takes Mace down to his death(maybe he is disintegrated [face_shocked])

Vader looks in the direction of the blast and see none other than Boba Fett. Vader stares at Fett, and Fett looks back at him. Vader is angry, but he sees through Fett and understands. Though robbed by this bounty hunter, Vader must tend to more pressing matters, and that is to find and get the revenge he most desires in confronting Obi-Wan. Because of this he allows Fett to escape his anger.

Boba taking Mace out in this manner may seem cowardly, but actually a smart idea. Boba saw the mistake his father Jango made in getting too close to the Jedi Master Mace Windu. So Boba being the "scum" he is, he opts for a long-range approach to get his revenge.

So in ESB, when Vader confronts Boba and says, "No disintegrations"! He may have been referring to when Boba robbed him of taking down Mace those years ago.

Anyway, Boba almost made the same mistake his father did in ROTJ when he got too close to Luke, and luckily just had his laser guns cut in half by Luke's saber.
    So then he at least got smart again and instead of trying to get too close to Luke, he opted to try and take him down from long-range as Luke was preoccupied with Jabba's guards on the other skiff. I think is how he would take out Mace as I outlined if Lucas has Boba take him out

Darth Sin! :cool:
  9. DarthBane93 Force Ghost

star 4
    I would prefer Vader doing the deed on Mace. BUT...all signs point to Boba Fett doing it since Mace kills Jango.

However, isnt Boba still going to be rather young in EpIII still. I think it would be kinda corny for a young teenager/boy to take down one of the greatest Jedi ever.

Vader vs. Mace would be cool. Remember Anakin's stare at Mace in EpI? C'mon Lucas! Give us Vader vs. Mace!!
  10. Skywalker1030 Jedi Knight

why does vader's line of "no disintegrations" mean that boba will disintegrate someone in this PT??? couldn't he have just said "no disintegrations" to boba fett because both skywalker and solo HAD to be alive for the plan to work????
  11. Skywalker1030 Jedi Knight

At first, Mace would be defending the Jedi Temple with Yoda, Obi-Wan, and a pregnant Padme. Mace decides to become a martyr and sacrifice himself for the others to live. He is surrounded by stormtroopers, and nearly takes them all out until they clear a path for Vader and surround Mace in a circle. Mace and Vader fight one on one. It will seem very even for the majority of the battle, but when Mace seems like he has the upper-hand on Vader, Vader does something lightning quick (like Maul on Qui-Gon) and strikes Mace in the legs or chops of Mace's wrist, dropping the lightsaber and completely disabling Mace. Vader might force-choke Mace, and then Boba Fett comes through with Jango's helmet on, picks up Mace's lightsaber and decapitates Mace. He might disintegrate him for the sake of the line in Episode V...i wouldn't want to see the heroic Mace Windu die this way, but i think it would be a powerful way to show the strength of the empire.
  12. THE_DOODE Jedi Master

star 4
    i think he will blow up
  13. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I really doubt Boba Fett will have anything to do with Mace's death. In fact, I think we will see very little of Boba Fett until ESB (or SE:ANH if you like). Mace should not die at the hands of a child. It makes for a more dramatic story if Mace was the one who first discovered Sidious and when he goes to strike, Anakin emerges to defend his master and kill Mace. There is so much irony and sadness in that scene.
  14. haakun Force Ghost

star 4
    Boba Fett is going to kill Mace.

I don't like the idea of boba fett killing Mace. I prefer that Palpatine (or Vader) kills Mace. Also, it would be could a Palpatine-Yoda duel...

Boba Fett killing Mace Windu would be like an ewok(Wicket) killing the emperor.

Exactly cubie_hole.
  15. Skywalker1030 Jedi Knight

i honestly think Boba Fett will kill Mace to establish himself as a bounty hunter...i'm not saying a fifteen year-old necessarily outcrafts or outfights Mace, just that Mace's life ends because of a blow by Boba. Vader or Palpatine might do all the work and give him to Boba, to establish Boba for Episode V
  16. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He'll die defending someone or something, the Jedi temple or the twins.
  17. haakun Force Ghost

star 4
    please!, boba fett was only a secondary character in the OT. I don't think that Lucas need to establish him as a bounty hunter.
  18. Skywalker1030 Jedi Knight

well if he added boba fett in the PT then it makes him more than just a secondary charcter in the OT...if you watch these in order, we see Boba Fett grow up and capture one of our heroes....he's more than just a secondary character SINCE GL added in to Episode II and possibly III
  19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
  20. theUnknownjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Mace fighting off hundreds of clones and gets overwheled.(similar to the scene in the mummy with the libraian)
  21. jaeger Jedi Knight

star 2
    he'll stop breathing.
  22. dookukidz Jedi Knight

star 1
    holding off an army of storm troopers led by vader.
  23. Darth_Tanya Jedi Knight

e) None of the above.

I think Dooku will wear down Mace & Boba will finish it.
  24. One-Bad-Nikto Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mace will draw Vader's and Boba's attention by sacrificing himself to them. Padme, Yoda, and Obi-Wan will escape with the previous owner of the Millenium Falcon as a result. Obvious parallel to ANH.
  25. Pancrase Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't think Palpatine will kill Mace Windu. Palpatine is the master of pulling strings. Only in Episode VI, when his plan failed, did he have to actually get into the mix. I think it should stay like that.

I doubt Count Dooku will kill Mace because Dooku will probably be killed by Anakin as a sign of him turning to the dark side.

This leaves Anakin and Boba. Either Anakin or Boba could kill him. It is unrealistic to think that Boba Fett would single hnadly defeat Mace. However, at the same time, he needs to be involved in the death because of the glare he gave Mace. This makes it seem sensible for a combination of both Boba Fett and Anakin killing Windu.

Anakin will probably start off the battle with Mace, hurt him in some way, and then when MAce is almost down and out, Boba Fett comes to finish him off.

At this time, I could see Boba Fett disintegrating Mace, getting his revenge, and not allowing Mace to disappear like Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Vader. This would make his death tragic as well.

While nobody really knows how Mace will die, I think people should have more confidence in George Lucas, and the way he will handle Mace's death. I think he is smart enough to realize that Boba Fett killing Mace is unrealistic. At the same time, I also think he knows enough to not make Boba Fett too great, so he doesn't look foolish dieing in Episode VI. So far, Boba Fett has not shown to be a great warrior (no matter what all these fanboys say). If he looks like a shell of Jango Fett in Episode III, then it will make the story stronger.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.