main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you think Mace will die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by THE_DOODE, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_aggression

darth_aggression Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2003
    i think that mace will be killed by an overwhelming amount of attackers, depending on what point of the movie he is killed in. If he's killed at the beggining he will be killed by a large amount of droids,or if he dies at the end, it will be at the hands of storm troopers. Either way he'll go out in a blaze of glory and not "like a punk" as George has reassured sam. Vader/Anakin wont kill him because he has to kill dooku and take his place,which would mirror palpatines request of luke to join the dark side after he defeated vader. Also, anakin and obi-wan have to duel in order to have some sort of closure in the obi-wan / Anakin relationship.Anakin simply wont duel 3 times in the movie, its never happened before and all of the saga fits a certain pattern. It is possible that palpatine will kill him, but how can mace go out in glory as he's been promised by George against someone that obviously has no battle scars latter on in ROTJ. If Mace did anything worthwhile to Palpatine during a battle, we would see some type of damage, which we dont, therefore its not possible.

2. Darth_Logical

Darth_Logical Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2002
    Personally, I would be very disappointed if Boba kills Mace. Boba will barely be a teenager in Episode III. I know the revenge factor is there, but I think that would be "going out like a punk."

If Anakin/Vader kills Mace, he will have to make a huge progression (skillwise) from ATOC. Perhaps the dark side will facilitate this progression. But, if Anakin/Vader can kill Mace, he should easily kill Obi-wan. Remember, Mace's fighting skills are second only to Master Yoda's.

During these talks between Sam Jackson and George Lucas, George says he hasn't yet figured out how to off Mace. If it was Boba or Vader, he probably would have it in his mind already.

I'd like to see Mace sacrifice himself to save someone. Hold off the dogs while Obi-wan and Padme escape, for instance. That would be the type of heroism that Sam desires.

DL

3. Ray_Stantz

Ray_Stantz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    Maybe Anakin does kill Mace. Its only a speculation of mine because they say you'll understand why Boba Fett hates the Skywalker Family so much. Now what if Anakin kills Mace Windu and Boba Fett actually sees it happen or knows about it. If you were Boba wouldn't you get pissed to have your kill stolen from you? I mean Boba probably hates Mace Windu with all his guts.

Thats just another thing to add to the speculation. Just thought of it because I want to think of as many possiblities as I can.

4. Empire-Maker

Empire-Maker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2003
    Mace will attempt to enter the living force, ala Flatliners.... in an attempt to communicate with Qui-Gon, and not be able to return. After seeing this, Yoda will come up with Plan B, lets just wait until Qui contacts us.

5. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    ok then.............

6. Mr_Mwindu

Mr_Mwindu Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    its amazing people are still convinced boba will kill mace.

7. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    The answer as I see it is that Palpatine will kill Mace Windu. Mace will sacrifice his life to Palpatine to save Yoda from Palpatine killing him, and to allow Yoda to escape.

8. Ray_Stantz

Ray_Stantz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    That could work. I like the sound of that.

Side question though. Does anyone else find it funny that Mace Windu fights in AotC just like he did in the game Jedi Power Battles? Weird coincidence considering that Nick Gilliard says that he tried to figure a fighting style for Mace for AotC, but he couldnt really because Sam Jackson really has his own style. Of course the similarities are just my opinion, just wondering if anyone else drew on that connection or if they think the styles are completely different.

9. DarthDuff

DarthDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2002
    maybe the new dual wielding lightsabre badass takes him out.....

10. youngskywalker48

youngskywalker48 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    well if you rember in esb darth vader says to bobba fett "And no disenagrations this time" so i think that bobba kills mace by disenagrating him

11. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    well if you rember in esb darth vader says to bobba fett "And no disenagrations this time" so i think that bobba kills mace by disenagrating him

No.

12. Anonymous24

Anonymous24 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2003
    Mace goes down against either Anakin, or the new bad guy, possibly a clone of Anakin. It's possible that he goes down fighting Palpitine, but I think its unlikely. But its possible.

13. background-jedi

background-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2003
    There are no Anakin clones. I'm a newbie and even I know that.

14. jennyjenjen56

jennyjenjen56 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2003
    Im new on these boards but Ive been hanging out at the sw.com message boards for a couple of years. This whole clone debate has been going on forever. Maybe darth vader is an anakin clone, maybe the new bad guy is a clone. Clones, clones, clones. The only clones we see,IMHO, are the ones we met in episode 2. I highly doubt any of the main characters are cloned. Why? because we saw that the kaminos cloned the troopers from a host. All of these people, who people are specutlating about, would of had to give up some dna or even more for them to be cloned. I dont know,but lets just say No one but the troopers are cloned it just makes everything easier.

Ok mace.. We know he goes out fighting. hes no wimp, I think paly vs mace would be really awsome. I dont think anaking defeats mace. Ob1 defeats anakin, and MACE is second best only to yoda. Dooku maybe but Im hoping for a showdown between dooku and Anakin. The finish what they started in E2. I think that Mace dying at the hand of palpatine would be cool and it would be the kind of end that samuel himself describe. But we dont know its only 2003 wait till the end of next year and then we can be more sure.

15. DarkLord_Gryphon

DarkLord_Gryphon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2003
    GL did say that Mace will get a rmemrable sceen. I think after the three major battles, Vader and the clones will go to the temple, destroy the archives, and kill a few jedi easily. I think yoda and Obi wna wiht Padme will be escaping while Mace distracts Vader by fighting. But earlier Mace will fight the Emperor and get badly bruised. Vader will Mace and Mace will disapeear like Yoda and Obi did in OT

16. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    - When things go down, Mace decides to go have a little chat with Palpatine.

palps 'll kill him

17. COLLOPOFONE

COLLOPOFONE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Mace and the rest of the Jedi will figure out that Palpatine is really a Sith Lord and he will confront Palps. Palpatine will have Dooku destroy Mace and Boba Fett will watch.

18. 1977OGFAN

1977OGFAN Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2003
    THINK ABOUT THIS. IN ESB VADER SAYS TO BOBBA NO DISENTERGRATION AS IF HE KNOWS SOMETHING BOBBA HAS DONE SOMETHING BEFORE. EXUSE MY SPELLING

19. DARTHBROKER

DARTHBROKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2001
    What? Boba will not kill Mace. Boba may have discintrigated other people, but not Mace or any Jedi for that matter. Think about this:

1. Boba is nothing more than a stormtrooper when it comes down to the nuts and bolts. Sure he's probably a bit more ill-tempered (especially after seeing Windu dispatch Jango's head to the elements) but essentially his skills are probably pretty close to a stormtrooper.

2. He's Jango's clone and Jango gets wasted easily by Mace. No way Boba can defeat Mace as Jango's clone with a hell of lot less experience than Jango.

3. Jango taught Boba everything he knows which isn't much and doesn't fare to well against Jedi Master Windu. See #2.

4. How does Boba meet his death? At the hands of a blind man. Truly a fitting end for such a pathetic character.

Bottom line: No.

20. Invictus_Sol

Invictus_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2003
    THINK ABOUT THIS. IN ESB VADER SAYS TO BOBA "NO DISENTERGRATIONS" AS IF HE KNOWS SOMETHING BOBA HAS DONE BEFORE.

You realize that there's about 30 years in which Boba Fett has presumably worked with the Empire/Vader. It's a reference to an event that occured off camera. Generally people don't reference things that happened 30 YEARS AGO as if they just happened yesterday. Why would such a trivial throw-away line need to be explained?

21. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    As I have said before, hopefully Palpatine will kill Mace. It would not be "going out like a punk" if Mace is done in by The Sith Master.

22. LordMaul99

LordMaul99 Jedi Master star 1

May 31, 2002
    People, I just read that Mace will have a confrontation with Palp's. It's in one of the forums here. He has it when "all goes down",so maybe we will get to see force lightning fry him(Mace) with no interuptions.

23. DARTHBROKER

DARTHBROKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2001
    Agreed. Palps has to do the dirty deed of eliminating Mace just for the mere fact that he is the only person in the galaxy powerful enough to dispatch Mace. However it happens, it should be glorious!

24. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    THINK ABOUT THIS. IN ESB VADER SAYS TO BOBBA NO DISENTERGRATION AS IF HE KNOWS SOMETHING BOBBA HAS DONE SOMETHING BEFORE. EXUSE MY SPELLING

No. Again.

25. Jedi_Knight69

Jedi_Knight69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    How about this...

The Jedi find out the truth about the Sith and their plans. Mace Windu goes to have a little chat with Palpatine/Sidious. There he confronts him and Palpatine admits to being the sith master. Mace ignites his purple lightsaber and Sidious ignites his red lightsber. There we will see a battle between the baddest and most evilest Sith against the baddest M***** ****ING Jedi ever. The battle will go one for several minutes. Mace has the upper hand but it is Sidious who is in control. The battle is ragging on when Darth Sidious stabbes Mace in his chest and Mace falls to his knees. The music stops and everything is quite except for Maces breathing. Sidious goes to deliver the final blow to Mace (music going dark and scary) but Mace jumps up, yells and throws a lot of strikes at Sidious which is easily blocked. Sidious then strikes him again in the knee, and he falls down. The music stops and Sidiuos goes to deliver the death blow again but Mace gets enough strength to keep fighting so he leaps up and charges again, but with less strength has before. Sidious gets angry and stabes him in his chest again. He drives the red blade deeper and deeper and then pulls it out. Mace looks sad but with rage and says "this is for the JEDI" and flips up all bloody and pissed and strikes at Sidiuos but Sidiuos swings and cuts down at his shoulder to his thigh, and then he cuts him in half from his head to his feet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.