main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you think Mace will die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by THE_DOODE, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrashFink

BrashFink Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    Why is Mace overratted? I think the most overrated character was Maul maybe Fett

No, Maul was just dissappointing. I was all hyped... I though he looked cool... Parks was doing the best moves I had seen in the movies up to that point (well all 3 of them in that fight) then POOF! Some menace...

As for Fett like it or not, he is one of the most popular badguys (if not characters in the entire series). I remember seeing ROTJ in the theatre and there was an very LOUD BOO when he went down.

I think it would be nice to have Boba do his revenge though it has to be done well or it could be very cheesy (or God help us, worse)... it should probably be some trick, or something sneaky and underhanded... something worthy of the later, older Fett.

With my luck though, it will be one of two things... Yet another being killed by Vader/Anikin (along with the entire cast - kinda sounds like a Lucas version of a slasher flick) or worse a very STUPID Boba killing.

Ho-hum (hopeful)

2. darth_libido

darth_libido Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2004
    how does this one sound? mace dashes into the chancellor's office, both anakin and palpatine ignite their lightsabers, and mace holds them both off. mace is about to strike palpatine down, when anakin stabs him in the back. it all ends maybe with mace saying something about such as, "this treachery shall be dearly bought." just my idea.

here's a revision of my previous post.

mace mace discovers that palpatine has ordered the clones to turn on the jedi. he goes to his office to confront him. in the background, there is a rushed combination of the imperial march, and the force theme. mace arrives at palpatine's office, he finds anakin there, and asks why the clones are turning on the jedi. palpatine says something like: "the jedi are no longer necessary." mace reponds by saying: "the jedi have long defended this republic, to be betrayed in its darkest hour." "palpatine, who are you?"
    palpatine: i am darth sidious, dark lord of the sith, architecht of the downfall of your obsolete cult!

palpatine blasts mace with some force lightening. but mace, though surprised is able to return it smashing the windows in palpatine's office.

mace: anakin, draw your lightsabre, the sith must be stopped, this treachery must not be allowed to continue!

anakin considers, cut to shots of both mace and palpatine looking on, mace looking very bad!
    and palpatine looking maniacal. finally anakin draws his lightsabre, as does mace. anakin surprises mace when he attacks him. but mace is easily controlling the fight, so palpatine blasts him with force lightening, but mace manages to deflect that as well. palpatine begins to fight mace alongside anakin, all three using lightsabres. and mace is appearing to overpower them, when mace is about to behead palpatine, anakin stabs him in the back, and palpatine stabs him in the front, and they both go each way with their lightsabres. mace is defeated, his last words being, "the treachery of the dark side is price not worth paying." he dies, imperial march plays at a volume higher than it has ever played, brass just going crazy, (sort of like the mordor theme from fellowship of the ring.) palpatine says, "welcome young skywalker, your training is now complete."

3. BrashFink

BrashFink Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    ..or perhaps a guy comes around the corner screaming with a giant .357 and unloads it into him and John Travolta (who is dressed as the stupid alien in Battlefield Earth)...

Jules Windu: We should be dead now, my friend! We just witnessed a miracle, and I want you to acknowledge it!

Vincent Terl: Okay man, it was a miracle, can we leave now?

4. darth_libido

Jan 16, 2004
    that would work too! :cool:

i have to admit, without a shred of modesty, that is a good death for mace, and now here is a resolution of that scene.

anakin is initiated into the sith using a homage to the initiation in potemkin's "ivan the terrible" which was cut from the actual film, surround his neck with lightsabres rather than swords, the imperial guards hold the sabres to his neck, while palpatine recites a sith incantation. with mace's lifeless body lying in the corner. when it ends, palpatine says, "arise darth vader, anakin skywalker is no more." then palpatine tells anakin about the corruption of the jedi, and how the once noble order must be purged for the good of the force. this is meant to justify what anakin has done. the next day palpatine addresses the senate, and says that the jedi are against him, therefore against the republic. he decides, that he cannot relinquish his emergency powers. and that the new prestige gained by the republic with it's army deserves a leader of proper prestige. so he declares himself emperor, and announces the putsch of the jedi. meanwhile either yoda or obi-wan say something such as "evil begets evil, treachery begets treachery. what price evil? what price treachey? evil cannot destroy evil, nor can malice end malice. fear, hate, and suffering are the way of the what was once the republic. the way of the darkside deceived the republic."

i might've borrowed a bit freely from macbeth, and richard III on that soliliqy. and bits could be better, but i can't think of them right now. i quite like the initiation images though. [hr]
    either what i previously posted, or he'll go out "like a punk." i prefer my way!

5. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    alot of people say boba fett will get revenge

Those are just the Fett fans talking. It's pretty well established that Windu is dying at the hands of the Dark Side.

6. SithLordYoda

SithLordYoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2004
    I heard that Sam Jackson was on BET's show 106 and park saying that he is in a long battle with Anakin.

7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Kind of thinking it could be mirror RTJ With Mace going to kill Palpy ala Luke. Anakin/Vader step in then up comes Palpy with the lightning bolts and you have one fried Windu

8. PimpLordoftheSith

PimpLordoftheSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2004
    Here is why most likely he will be disentigrated.

---------------------------------------------------

Though a member of the High Council since the age of 28, this did not dull Windu's fighting edge or his willingness to venture forth on dangerous missions. His exploits are legendary, and he was an inspiration to his fellow Jedi, leading through rigorous example and steady discipline.

In his day, Mace was one of the best lightsaber fighters of the Jedi order. Only the most skilled of the Jedi could master the his Form VII discipline of combat -- the deadly technique known as vaapad -- for its aggressive nature treaded dangerously upon dark side practices.

taken from this link Bad A$$ MoFo
    ---------------------------------------------

This tells me no non-superior saber wielder is gonna best Windu and at time of EPII Anakin was no match for master yoda. I almost get the impression Yoda is the mind of the Force Widu was the muscle.

9. Trandoshan

Trandoshan Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2004
    "There are no Jedi in the universe at the time of the OT other than Obi-Wan and Yoda."

i can think of at least two, Mara Jade and a Clone of Jurus CaBaoth. Now of course Mara isn't actually a jedi yet... but whatever

10. TheFoolWhoFollowsHim

TheFoolWhoFollowsHim Jedi Youngling star 4

May 4, 2003
    I wasn't going to post anything here until I saw Trandoshan's post...

EU SUCKS! Also, it has no relevance to the authentic Star Wars world of George Lucas. A bit off topic, but it needed to be said.

11. MC78

MC78 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    I will be very disappointed if Mace does not die by the hands of Anakin or the Emperor. In my mind, this would be one of the best ways to convey to the audience that Anakin has indeed turned to the Dark Side and is starting to scratch the surface of his future potential. If the Emperor zaps him with some lightning then so be it, but Mace needs to be schooled by Anakin first. Once Anakin has a taste of victory over a Jedi like Mace, then the true slaughter can begin.

12. commandercody

commandercody Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2003
    Anakin stabs Mace - straight through the heart.
    So it is written.

13. Dark-Daddy

Dark-Daddy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Found this quote on SciFi.com HERE : Sorry if it was posted previously -- this is one honkin' long thread!

What can we expect to see for Mace Windu in Episode III?

Jackson: I know that I'm going to die, but that's about it. I keep talking with George about [who's going to kill me and how]. I don't want to be shot in the back by some droid. I don't think it's going to be Boba. He's not skilled enough, and we all know him as a guy who runs away and shoots people in the back. I think it will either be Dooku [Christopher Lee] or Anakin or maybe a couple of Sith Lords. But I plan to go out in a blaze of glory. I just hope it's not in scene one.

14. DarthStoneCold

DarthStoneCold Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    bOBA fETT KILLS HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

15. darth_libido

Jan 16, 2004
    the most powerful jedi knight in the galaxy gets killed by a 13 year old????????
    erm. no!

16. DarthStoneCold

DarthStoneCold Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    erm, yes he disintergrates him or anakin injures him then boba finishes him off

17. darth_libido

Jan 16, 2004
    disintigration would be cool, but, sam jackson will get what he wants from lucas, and he doesn't want boba to kill him. besides, my description is more poetic than yours! :p

18. masterkithsyn

masterkithsyn Jedi Youngling

Jan 15, 2004
    I think it's probably going to be a tag team of Anakin and Palpy...maybe Mace coming to confront Palpy about something...give him a piece of his mind..and boom! Palpy transforms himself into Sidious. This scene would be GREAT, but do you know what would be more impressive?

Mace fighting off thousands of clone troopers one at a time until Palpy and Anakin arrive, and they finish him off after he is weakened.

MasterK

19. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    That would make Anakin look like a wimp and a coward. I don't think GL is going for that. He'll kill Mace without anyone's help.

20. darth_libido

Jan 16, 2004
    true, i just liked the idea of mace being near victory against two sith, until he is tricked, and killed in cold blood. i thought it was a cool idea!

21. Evil-Yoda

Evil-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    The Emperor will have his way with Mace...

22. darth_libido

Jan 16, 2004
    the emperor, yes. but anakin must as well. and it must be a battle of epic proportions.

23. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
  24. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Palpy kills mace. "you do not know the power of the dark side"... Anakin craves power, palps needs to demonstrate himself to be more powerful than Master Windu (and Yoda)in order to seduce Anakin to the dark side - convincingly offering a path to make him 'more powerful than...'
    My guess - Mace sees through palp's disguise, Anakin defends, Mace kicks anakin's butt, then palpy steps in with some serious light-sabre action and eventually overwhelms Windu as Anakin watches.
    However it pans out, palps kills mace.

25. maceman

maceman Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2002
    I think it would be great for Mace to first defeat the Red Guard since they are so mysterious, then have him battle Sidious and Anakin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.