main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you think Mace will die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by THE_DOODE, Feb 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Lovin' that idea!

2. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    My theory is:

Palpatine is confronted by Mace. Anakin intervenes.
    Anakin attacks Mace, Mace gets the better of him.
    Palpatine then shows Anakin the true power of the darkside and takes Mace apart.
    Palpatine then offers the final blow to Anakin, same as he offered Luke the final blow on his father.
    Mace's head rolls.
    The apprentice has now taken his role.

3. ask-the-younglings

Jan 18, 2004
    Sounds good to me, count

Can't wait to be shown the true power of the dark side ;)

4. Darth_Ape

Darth_Ape Jedi Master star 3

Jan 10, 2004
    Osama will kill him.

5. ask-the-younglings

Jan 18, 2004
  6. BrashFink

BrashFink Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    I have a question to post to you all...

What if Obiwan and Anikin ISN'T the end of the movie... what if this happens earlier, he beomes vader at the end and battles Windu?

This would explain a few things argued about on several boards, for example the evil Anikin fighting with a blue light saber... What if the whole battle between Ani and Obiwan is more of a friend fight (a disagreement if you will), everything gets out of hand due to Ani's anger at Obiwan and he falls (or is knocked) into the lava (and obiwan get the blue saber). Obiwan goes into some kind of self exile over the whole thing after vowing to save the children.

This allows them him to be turned into vader and his hate for jedi and Obiwan is over the top. He starts killing everyone with his new red saber, ending in a final battle with Mace.

This also kinda explains things in a way where it seems to not be Ani's fault as much (more sympathetic). Sidious would be taking advantage of him when Ani thinks his best friened and master tried to kill him.

Feel free to flame away, this is just an idea I that occured to me.

7. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Ive said before on various boards that Mace wont make it to the end of Episode 3. Hes too significant and he seems too interested in finding out Sidiouses true identity. Thats whats going to get Mace killed hes going to confront Sidious and Sidious will kill him.

8. BrashFink

BrashFink Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    Yes, but what if Sidious is not revealed until the end... and it is also revealed that in fact this unknown Vader who has killed all the Jedi is in fact the believed deceaced Anakin.

That would be kinda chilling. In fact, it might be enough to cause Windu to falter, his downfall. The realization that they all have been taken for a ride and the fact he has to take on Vader and Sidious.

9. ogilbyb

May 16, 2003
    I dont see that happening.

10. BrashFink

BrashFink Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    I just found this, has anyone else read this? It is from...

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode3/plot.html

It says earlier that Anikin becomes Palp's body guard and that...

"Windu arrives at Palpatine?s office to air his suspicions directly to Palpatine. Anakin is present with Palpatine as Windu asserts his belief that Palpatine is up to no good. With massive hate, Palpatine unleashes a strong current of dark side lightning at Windu. With great skill, Windu deflects this lightning with his light saber. Here and now, Anakin is left with the most important decision of his life. Will Anakin save Windu from Palpatine or will Anakin strike down Windu and save Palpatine?

Palpatine claims that the Jedi are corrupt and deceitful. Furthermore, Palpatine states that the Jedi themselves have always sought to undermine Anakin?s destiny. The choice is clear for Anakin. Anakin and Mace Windu engage in a very dramatic duel. Palpatine helps Anakin during the duel. Anakin finally slays Windu.

11. ask-the-younglings

Jan 18, 2004
    Could be, but I much prefer the idea of Mace confronting Palps, Palps letting his 'mask' slip for a moment (unseen by Anakin) to confirm Windu's suspicion, Mace swinging for Palps with his sabre then Anakin blocking the blow, just as Vader blocks Luke in RotJ.
    Mace gets the better of Anakin, Sidious then shows him the true nature of the force, Anakin finishes Windu. ie Anakin doesn't know Palps is a force-user until he's on the floor wounded by Mace. His dilemma happens then.
    Best theory I've come across. Sidious is too careful, has crafted his web too long to just let rip with the ol' force lightning like that... unless of course Anakin has already turned completely to the dark side - but I suspect it's too early in the film for that
    I also think Sidious needs make Anakin believe he (Palps) is more powerful than any jedi, and can offer Anakin a quick n seductive route to that power before he can turn him to the dark side

12. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    as much as i think boba should kill mace, he's only like 14 years old, and that would make mace look pretty weak (after all he is the 2nd greatest jedi in the universe, maybe the jedi are all weak and thats why the jedi all die in one movie). i think the clones should blow up the temple and mace will still be inside when it blows.

13. BrashFink

BrashFink Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    I agree, although it would say something about Boba if he did -

I almost hope they do not have Boba do it just because I do not trust them to do it in a cool believable way (as I said, sneaky and underhanded)

14. Inside_Info

Inside_Info Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2004
    Mace fights galliantly, and just when you think he's dead....be surprised!

15. Wrath_Of_Windu

Wrath_Of_Windu Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2003
    I think Sidious kills Mace. On his BTH picture it showed Mace and at the bottom it said "what threat would dare stare Mace Windu in the eye?"

16. Lord_Darkseid

Lord_Darkseid Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2001
    I just posted this in another thread. I think it takes into account all of the spoiler snippets we've received in the past year. If I've missed anything, or got something wrong then please let me know.

MACE strides into the Chancellors office with three other Jedi. HE addresses the Chancellor in an accusatory tone, "We need to talk!"

PALPATINE instructs the Royal Guard to wait outside. ANAKIN remains standing to the side of PALPATINES desk.

MACE confronts PALPATINE with the charges of treachery that he has recently become aware of. PALPATINE remains silent but is clearly livid. Finally, MACE tells PALPATINE that he is taking him into custody to answere charges of treason against the Republic.

ANAKIN steps forward and tells MACE that HE is the one guilty of TREASON. ANAKIN's right hand rests on his new lightsaber (he turned in his JEdi Saber when he resigned from the order and became PALPATINE's personal guard.)

MACE turns to ANAKIN and instructs him to stand-down. HE warns ANAKIN that he will be forced to bring him down with PALPATINE if he interferes.

Suddenly, a violent blast of lightning hits MACE squarely and throws him into a heap across the room. The loudness of the unexpected blasts startles everyone, including ANAKIN and the audience.

PALPATINE slowly rises at his desk glaring at MACE'S smoking body on the floor. The other JEDI rush to MACE's aid. The master JEDI lies motionless on the floor, barely conscious. The three Jedi stand up, light their sabers and turn to face PALPATINE. One of them leaps at the Chancellor and ANAKIN swiftly steps in with his blade and blocks the attack. All three Jedi turn to face ANAKIN with his blood red saber at the ready as PALPATINE watches.

The Chancellor reminds ANAKIN of their past conversations. He instructs the young man to tap into the same source of power that helped him defeat DOOKU.

ANAKIN's expression is intense and dark. HE finally wades into the three waiting Jedi. He easliy deflects their attacks and slashes them down. In seconds, all three Jedi lie dead at ANAKINS feet.

Another lightsaber ignites and MACE painfully picks himself up to confront the chosen one.

Again PALPATINE gives his protege words of encouragement. ANAKIN cautiously moves to confront the most powerful JEDI he has known in his life.

ANAKIN and MACE clash sabers. The two blades flash about at impossible speeds. MACE is still hurt, and remains on the defensive. He is pushed backwards toward the entrance to PALPATINE's office. The doors swoosh open and MACE backs through, successfully guarding against ANAKINS aggressive offense.

The royal guard waiting outside instantly join in. They attack MACE with their pike weapons. The master JEDI simutaneously defends himself against multiple opponents as a growing crowd of onlookers watch from a safe distance. Eventually the guards and ANAKIN surround MACE. In short time, ANAKIN gets the opening and lands a killing slash. MACE drops to one knee and then falls, succumbing to his injuries. ANAKIN stands over the body of his former master as the crowd looks on in awe.

17. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    Sounds good. I like it. Seeing Paltapine's royal guards in action would rock.

18. DeadYoungling

DeadYoungling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2004
    After being hit in the face by Mace blocking Palpatines Lighting, Anakin will be enraged. He will then have the choice. He will choose to kill Mace. And he will unleash the darkside like never before seen. And he will go after windu like a crazed beast, and cut him down

19. Focefullkenobi

Focefullkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2004
    When confronted by windu, palpatine will tell anakin that the jedi never believed in Anakin and that he was the only person to trust. Anakin will be enraged to learn this news. Even though he kind of knew all his jedi life. A duel will take place and Anakin and palps will both end up killing windu with force lightning. Simple as that.

After all S. Jackson said he got the battle he wanted."He
    doesnt go out like a punk."

20. TheGreatHoudini

TheGreatHoudini Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    By using the "Just the Facts" page as a reference I've come up with a far-fetched theory that may have already been covered but seems possible at this point.

We know that the most skilled Jedi are capable of "catching" force lightning, so why wouldn't Mace catch the Emperors' lightning attack,(rendering it useless) forcing the emperor to attack with a lightsaber. Crazy? Yes. About as crazy as Yoda brandishing a lightsaber? I think so, which is why I think this ones plausible. Mace goes down via the Emperors lightsaber. Couple this with the Emperors fighting saber style being very similar to OT Vader and this scene will be a good one...

21. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Let's see. Master Windu goes to Supreme Chancellor's office to confront him about being Darth Sidious and...

22. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    How can some 13 year old kid take out the 2nd most powerful Jedi on the Jedi Council. Mace would just deflect Boba's gun shots back at Boba and the fight would be over in about 5 seconds. Anakin will kill Mace to complete his turn to the dark side

23. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    How can some 13 year old kid take out the 2nd most powerful Jedi on the Jedi Council

Boba Fett fans have a hard time accepting that Master Windu will die at the ends of the Sith.

24. ogilbyb

May 16, 2003
    Boba wont kill Mace, that honor will go to The Sith Master Sidious.

25. JonnyFerr

JonnyFerr Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2004
    i was kinda thinkin that boba kills him after seeing mace kill his father... boba does look a little revengous at the end of episode 2- but then again i herd boba may not be in it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.