main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How do you want NJO to end?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lonewolf89, Sep 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    As the topic states, how do you want NJO to end?

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    It will end...

...in fire. ;)

3. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    As happily ( and creatively) as possible. Not easy, considering all that's happened thus far.

EDIT: Ice

4. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    As dark and destructively as possible.

Pretty easy considering what has happened so far. ;)

5. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    I hope it will end in a surprising and exciting fashion, and that no one spoils the ending for me.

6. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    " ...and that no one spoils the end for me"

I'd be cautious hanging around here then.

7. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I hope it ends in a creative manner. However, not creative as in a new race wipes out the YV, or a dark jedi destroys them all with the power of his mind. I think the destruction/victory over the Yuzhaan Vong needs to come from a combination of the NR (new republic/new rebellion <--after SbS probably) governmental officials, military and the jedi along with the people of the galaxy destroy the YV. In the same manner the empire was destroyed, using both jedi and military, using both luck and skill, losing lives, saving others. Hopefully the series will also end with the resolution of the Jedi conflict and the re-integration of the Jedi with the peoples of the galaxy

8. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Actually, I hope it ends Forest Gump style, with Supreme Overlord Shimmra saying "I'm pretty tired of conquering infidels now. I think I'm gonna go home"

9. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Or it can end Elvis-style with either Supreme Lord Shimraa or Luke playing the Elvis role.

10. Dargo_Seranek

Dargo_Seranek Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2001
    Everything getting sucked into a black hole. All survivors end up blaming Kyp Durron!!!!

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    "This is how the world will end
    not with a bang
    but with a whimper."
    ~T.S. Eliot

Judging from every other book, it's not going to be an explosive finish, but certainly a happy ending, knowing LFL. I hope for everyone who annoys me to die--Kyp, Mara, Jacen, Anakin, Leia, Han, Hamner, Fey'lya, all the Vong except the Supreme Overlord, Lando, Tahiri, and Danni Quee. But I suppose you have to keep some people alive, so I'll try not to sulk when most of them remain alive.

12. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    No! Not Han and Leia. :(

13. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    But for the love of god, definitely Mara.

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I loved Mara in TTT because she was savvy, wise, albeit blinded, but she knew where she stood and how to remain there. I have despised her character ever since because of what the bubble-brain authors chose to do with her. I found her portrayal in Vision of the Future almost unrecognizable and I opposed her marriage to Luke because to me it made no sense. With the advent of the NJO, it's just gone downhill from there. Too much weeping, wailing, gnashing of teeth, you get the idea! And why not Han and Leia? Kill them off in each other's arms, I say!

15. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Oh, I'm cautious, Frejya. I hope to avoid them but of course it won't be the end of the world if I do get spoiled. I've been lurking here a couple of months and I have managed to avoid nearly all the Star by Star spoilers, so I think I'm getting fairly proficient at it.

16. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    LOL Ghengis12. I'm with you there... ;)

I hope it ends with a victory for the NR and the heroes retiring to take a long vacation. Those poor guys never seem to get a break...

17. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Luke wakes up from a horrible nightmare and finds that the entire NJO was a bad dream and he is still on his Honeymoon. Then we get to start all over with something better.

18. LordCroesus

LordCroesus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2001
    I'm with MariahJade2.

19. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Logically and realistically within the SW context. That means that there will still be hope and some sort of structure, but also lots of destruction

No dues ex machinas, superweapons, superjedi, or superaliens to save the day at the end.

20. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I hope it will end with the Vong's force-using creations (created by Nen Yim) against the Jedi. A series of decisive battles led by a GFFA coalition cripple the Vong on the front lines. While, The Shamed Ones sabotage the Vong from within, rebelling against their masters.
    In the end, the Yuuzhan Vong, led by a benevolent new leader, become part of a newly united GFFA.

21. doctordrinkalot

doctordrinkalot Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
    i hope it ends on a positive note, although i'm finding that harder and harder to believe with each book. I'll be really disappointed if the GFFA achieves an indecisive victory in a surprise plot twist in the last five pages of the last book. that would ruin everything for me.

22. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Since there are too many ways that I would want it to end, i am going to tell you how I DONT WANT it to end...

Remember in Conquest when Luke was talking to Mara about the wisions that he had had? And he mentioned that he foresaw that whoever ended this would not be the "old crowd," so to speak, but someone new? And then he doesn't saw who the new person he saw was?

Well, wouldn't it be ABSOLUTELY AWFUL is the new person they were talking about was BEN?

Now, dont get me wrong. I love Mara, and dont think that she has gotten too whiny. I love Ben, and am glad that Mara didnt die in childbirth with him. but if the NJO ends with Ben saving the day, I will be PO'D with LFL big time. Because it would be the hight of stupidity for the GFFA to be saved by a ten year old...Call me crazy, but ever since that scene in Conquest, this whole scenerio has occured to me, usualy taking the form of a nightmare...

23. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Yeah, i agree. I actually think the idea of Ben is pretty stupid. I was hoping he would have no force talents, but whatever. I hope it will be somebody entirely new and mysterious.

24. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah, I thought it would be really..eh...different..if Ben didn't have any force talents, lol. But then, Anakin had to go and say he was "beautiful, in the force.." Tch. *rolls eyes* Well, I just hope that Ben doesn't become the "next Luke and the savior of us all."

25. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    My prediction is that in the post Vong mess, the Republic and Remnant collapse, and there is a return to a myriad of many independent planets and systems that form and break alliances at an alarming rate.

This sets up the post NJO series, which has the Jedi involved in maintaining the peace, keeping justice, and trying to restore some sort of galactic senate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.