main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How do you want the mandalorian to be portrayed in the clone wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by cain718, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cain718

cain718 Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2009
    When the mandalorian make their big appearance this season,how do you think they should be portrayed?

2. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    Bad-ass warrior dudes in armour, with lots of weapons.

A threat to Jedi but not more powerful than Jedi.

More dangerous than most of the clones but roughly equal to Rex or Cody - maybe see a Mandalorian Super Commando take out a bunch of "grunt" clones but then be stopped by a "hero" clone.

Fairly dubious - not honourable warriors but violent mercenaries.

No Mando'a or other stuff from the recent Fett/Commando stuff - none of this "the most honourable, the most skilled and most unstoppable guys with the bestestest stuff and the most amazing starfighters."

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    Comedic.

Kinda like the three stooges. One is the leader and the other two are bumbling side kicks. They are a threat to the Jedi, just like Jar-Jar is a threat to the Jedi.

Through a series of misadventures the Mandalorians always prevail.

Lets keep our fingers crossed. :D

4. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    The most important thing for me is that they be an independant 3rd faction. I was a bit disappointed so far with the bounty hunters, because they've been nothing but Separatist goons so far. Even in Hostage Crisis they had to tie the mission with the Separatists instead of it being solely a hired job by Ziro the Hutt.

So, I want the Mandalorians to be doing something for their own purposes. Yes, this is the Clone Wars, but that doesn't mean the rest of the galaxy's conflicts cease to exist.

Other than that, just give me some awesome warriors and I'm a happy fanboy.

5. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It's interesting that the trailer for Season 2 clearly references the EU with the "For generations my people have fought the Jedi"( or whatever the quote was), while the early OOU stuff like the visual guide put a decidely un-EU spin on things.

Add to this that because of the changes Karen Traviss has decided to retire her Star Wars pencil and it makes me think that we're going to see a pretty significant shift. Either to A: The Mandalorians themselves or B: Boba Fett, or even both of the above.

Likely the EU ideas of any training done by Mandalorians will be tossed or simply not mentioned. In short I expect a complete rewrite of anything we've had before.

I'd like the Mandalorians to be portrayed in the way that Marvel, and later Karen Traviss, has presented them but I don't think that will happen. At the least I'd hope that their depiction retains some of the mystique and coolness factor that Mandalorians have always had.

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I definately agree. An independant, apolitical third faction.

7. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Third faction, huh? That's too bad because they will be working for Dooku in the Sateen episodes.
    Then again, the leader didn't look like he liked Dooku's ideas, so it is likely that Mandalorians are a faction with no rules at all.

Yeah, they should be badass. Not Fisto-badass but maybe Grievous-badass(if Grievous goes back to his normal self).

I am especially looking forward to the Mandos for just knowing how Mandos are. The Movie Fetts are just Bounty Hunters and I never bothered reading TOR(There is a little too much in TOR).

8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, the Mandolorians have long been established as members of the CIS. Technically before we even knew who the CIS were: They first appeared ina Marvel comic where their leader mentioned fighting against the Jedi and the rising Empire.

9. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    "That's too bad because they will be working for Dooku in the Sateen episodes.
    Then again, the leader didn't look like he liked Dooku's ideas, so it is likely that Mandalorians are a faction with no rules at all."

Source?

I would prefer that they would be like the "Sith War" Mandaloriens. They should definitely not all be as low life as Jango.

10. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Ignore all the Marvel comics stuff and all the Karen Traviss stuff.

Go with Lucas' original role of "Madalorian Supercommandos wiped out by the Jedi during the Clone Wars."

Basically, whatever Lucas decides 'cause I'm sure it's a heck of a lot better than anything anyone else can dream up.

11. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    It was in a preview clip on Cartoon Network for Season 2's premiere. I haven't found the clip though.
    In the clip, Obi-wan gets **************** beat out of him.

We're not allowed to curse on the boards simply by substituting an "*" here or there, sorry. Thanks, G_M.

12. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    Effective warriors who pose a recurring and credible threat to the heroes.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I first I was pretty excited, now I'm not sure. Having played for and against them in KOTOR/KOTOR 2, seeing Jango & Boba in AOTC, they just don't seem as mysterious as they used to be.

Also have some of the same fears as Gry with respect to their allegiance.

14. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Damn right.

15. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    This. We didn't get it with the bounty hunters, hopefully we get it with the Mandos.

16. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Keep in mind that George Lucas came up with Jar Jar as well;)

17. cwquest

cwquest Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    I fail to see your point [face_plain]

18. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yes, Jar Jar is truly loved by fans everywhere.......And is a better character than anything any writer, ever, could have come up with.

I'm not saying George wont come up with something good for the Mandalorians, but the sheer idea that George Lucas has always come up with perfect ideas that everyone loved is a little silly.

I recognize that Jar Jar wasn't very well recieved even if I don't mind the character myself;)

19. Protean

Protean Jedi Master star 2

Sep 17, 2008
    Dead, repeatedly, and mowed down like battle droids by Jedi. No Traviss-esque nonsense; the series has enough problems as it is.

20. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Well, whatever we get, whether they're proud honourable warriors, vindictive slimebags, or a whole mix of things, I certainly hope for one constant thing: They can pose as a credible threat to the characters. Whatever they do after that, I'm chalking it up to a character or writer preference.

Heck, it might even be neat to see an internal conflict between an honourable 'Traviss' Mandalorian and a more anti-heroic, dark bloodthirsty Mandalorian.

Essentially, I'll be very happy if we start with 'extremely dangerous, competent, heavily cool, JETPACK warriors', though I wouldn't mind wriggle room to have different types, as I don't think that the Mandalorians, whatever their teachings or EU might indicate, are ALL cut from the same armor-weave. Things I'd like to see specifically...
    -Those which are honourable in some form. Single combat? Not using underhanded means?
    -Downright dirty, bloodthirsty sorts...maybe drawing a bit from Sev in Republic Commandos. [face_skull]
    -A businesslike, VERY businesslike bounty hunter might be a nice throwback to the Fetts. Something like a Cad Bane without the sadism. XD
    -Y'know what I think would be an interesting idea? A rookie/apprentice Mandalorian, learning from his seniors. No, I am unaware if their culture permits rookies to go into battle or not. I just think it would lead to nice interactions. :p

From there, we can work on their future alignment and political situation. Because that's what Star Wars is all about...political alignments. ;)

21. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Heck, it might even be neat to see an internal conflict between an honourable 'Traviss' Mandalorian and a more anti-heroic, dark bloodthirsty Mandalorian.
    It that case, you may want to read Jango Fett: Open Sessions. It is in fact about a civil war between the honorable Mandolorian Protectors verses the sadistic Mandolorian Death Watch.

Which reminds me, apparently the upcoming episode revolves a third branch, the pacifistic "New Mandolorians" led by Dutchess Satine (aka, Obi-Wan's "girlfriend" in the commercial) and their conflict with the more militaristic Mandolrians (unknown if they are Protectors or Death Watch)

22. cwquest

cwquest Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    that would be amazing!

perhaps they can get the guy who does southpark's mr garrison to do their voice work too. But he could make each of them sound unique much like baker does the clones.

23. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I have no attachment to the EU Mandalorians... hell, I remember when my mail-order Boba Fett action figure came with a little slip of paper saying he wore the armor of an "Imperial Shock Trooper", which was good enough for me until AOTC came out.

What would be interesting, I think, is how the Mandos and clones feel about each other. They might regard each other as "brothers", or they could have any number of reasons to loathe each other. Mandos could see clones as inferior copies of one of their more unsavory members, or sympathize that their brothers are sadly neutered "slaves" to the Republic war machine. Clones might see the Mandos as imperfect cousins who joined the wrong side (killing Jedi to whom the clones are (at this point) extremely loyal. Could be an interesting dynamic between say, Rex and Favreau Fett or whatever he's going to be called.

Do we have a source on Satine/een being Mandalorian?

24. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Satine/Sateen being a Mandolorian is confirmed in the Essential Atlas. Maybe so preview guide as well, but I can't remember.

About the Clones....in existing works it tends to vary. Some Clones are big about their heritage, most don't like the Mandos because they fight for the CIS. Some Mandos respect the Clones as Jangos legacies, some view them as a disgusting corruptions of the Mandolorian legacy. It will be interesting to see how the show goes.

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I could definitely live with them being allied "loosely" with the seps, while retaining a fierce independent streak.

In other words: like Boba Fett.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.