main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How does Abeloth takes an avatar?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MartyAvidianus, Jun 12, 2017.

1. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    I want to know how exactly does Abeloth takes over a body as an avatar?

Does Abeloth simply needs to touch you and assimilate like the Borgs? Or does she take just need closeness and time like the Killiks. Or does she need to kill you outright in some kind of Force duel?

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    With regards to Luke's lovers it seems she absorbed their physical appearances and life essences(basically the soul in Star Wars). I'm not sure she might have been able to do force illusions as well-something Luke, Jacen, and Lumiya were also capable of.

3. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    Right, how does she do it? Like wrapping them with her tentacles like an anaconda?

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So much left to learn about her.

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

It's never really explained. One of the many problems with FOTJ–we never find out enough about her and entirely too much about random things that we really don't need to worry about.

6. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Actually....it was.

"Dorvan closed his eyes, then said, “First, Roki Kem told Pagorski that she was simply going to erase her memory of what she had seen inside the Temple. Pagorski believed her, so she didn’t resist. Then Kem grabbed Pagorski’s head and locked gazes with her. For a moment, nothing happened. Then the air started to shimmer between them. Pagorski’s eyes opened, and she looked terrified.”

Dorvan paused and began to shake as he recalled what happened next. “Kem’s fingers started to grow, then her arms suddenly dissolved into tentacles, and she … well, she became Abeloth. I mean, she always was Abeloth, but now I could see her real nature.”

“Well, Pagorski started to scream, then Abeloth’s tentacles shot down her throat,” Dorvan said, still keeping his eyes closed.

“And into her ears and nostrils. Pagorski made very horrible sounds, like she was gagging and choking, and the tentacles started to pulse. After a few seconds, Pagorski just collapsed and hung from the tentacles, looking terrified.”

“That was just the beginning,” he said. “After a while, the terror finally drained from Pagorski’s face. I thought maybe she had died. But then her face turned so pale that I could see the tentacles writhing around under her skin, pumping something dark and viscous through her nose—up into her sinuses—and down into her throat. I didn’t think there was any way she could live through that, but she did. I could see her chest rising and falling as she breathed, and she never—well, she never went slack, the way dead people do. Finally, she seemed to get stronger, and she sort of looked at me and smiled. But it wasn’t just Pagorski looking. She was still in there, and I could see in her eyes that she was going crazy with fear. But Abeloth was in there, too—and she was enjoying it.”

Wynn Dorvan Daala's former aide witnessed Abeloth take a new avatar. It seems to be a physical process, where she forces her "essence" into the victim, pouring part of her own Force energy into the new avatar. That's why there's a connection between Abeloth's spirit and all the avatars. There's a piece of her inside each of them. Abeloth put a piece of her inside Callista, Dyon, Akanah, Nenn, Kem, Pagorski and Korelei. That's why when each of them is killed, she's weakened.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Huh. How 'bout that.

8. MartyAvidianus

May 14, 2017
    What the ---

Well then, I guess that settles that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Not really, we learned quite a bit in FOTJ. What more do you want to know?

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Each of the previous times she escaped.

11. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Hmmm, not sure I can help you on that one. Ancient history isn't really my forte. But I do recall one user with a detailed timeline of Abeloth's prior escapes.

Paging Sinrebirth

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    A detailed guesstimate.

Three escapes according to the Killiks. I think we have to accept that she escaped circa 30,000 BBY due the Rakata rise and the Celestial impact on Dathomiri legend - Abeloth may even have been captured again on Dathomir...

Between 100,000 BBY and 30,000 BBY, three escapes, and one of which was a Kwa-Gree War.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking and Vialco like this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I want to know more about those times. How did she escape? How was she contained? What were the wars that preceded her escapes? How did they change fate that allowed her to escape? ETC.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well presumably she escaped in a manner which did not destroy Centerpoint, but that's all we know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk