main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How does Episode 7 effect the EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheNewEmpire, Nov 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Hey, give me a break. I was typing on my wonky phone. It does not do well with these text boxes. And I refuse to pay for Tapatalk.

2. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Why do we need this thread? Same stuff seems to be being discussed in this thread.

3. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    As I've said in the past, I'd like to see the SW Universe made into a SW Multiverse, with multiple different timelines in coexistence. This would allow the "Old EU" to continue existing, unchanged, but it would be sidelined in favour of the "New EU", which would build off of the upcoming Sequel Trilogy

4. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    I would actually favour this. I would like to see the Thrawn Trilogy made into Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,

5. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    I see what you did there.

6. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
    Yeah, the mobil typing has made a dolt of me as well more than once! ;)

7. AirNeeva

AirNeeva Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2012
    I have no idea, since the plot of Episode VII is currently speculation on most parts.

8. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Well, I'm certain that ain't happening. To date my personal canon has them as VII-IX and Dark Empire as X-XII. What I hope for, though, is animated DTVs of TTT(an adaptation of the comic adaptation, because I think it works perfectly) and DE(yes, everything. DE, DEII, EE... but I want EE cleaned up some and extended and made better... I've got ideas for that).

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    DTV to improve EE!? Now THERE is a retcon I'd not mind seeing in a film adaptation.

Dawud786 likes this.
  10. Logomachist

Logomachist Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2012
    Lucas has said that there are two SW universes- his (which mostly consists of the live action movies) and an expanded universe that includes the movies and everything based on them. When the sequal movies come out both universes will expand, and whatever heretofore EU details are contradicted by the new movies will have to be written out of existence. I wonder if the the Legacy era material was an attempt to conclude the Skywalker-centric story-arc, give it a kind of ending, before most of it has to be overwritten by the new movies.

But I wouldn't worry too much about the continuity changes. I expect that the new movie writers will be dedicated Star Wars fans and won't change continuity except to accomodate Lucas' decades old vision.

11. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    With GL taking a consultative role, this is the perfect opportunity to eject his moronic policy in favor of a singular cohesive continuity.

Let's face it, most of GL's "vision" has been just to contradict the EU for the sake of contradicting it. And almost none of it, besides the broad strokes of the main storyline, have been with him since the beginning. What does Ryloth having a normal planetary rotation have to do with GL's "vision?" Absolutely nothing, he just did it to do it and now we have a contradiction with 2 decades of EU for no reason. He even took "Ryloth" because his vision didn't even include a name for the Twi'lek planet. Or the Mandos.... as of ESB the back story he approved was that the Mando Supercommandos were warriors the Jedi fought during the Clone Wars, now they are largely pacifists. Or how Even Piell died, or Adi Gallia. George's vision is a load of crap, and lately his "vision" has been largely a cop-out for him maliciously discarding the EU in favor of his own ideas.

Zorrixor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.