main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How does every one feel about the Kaminoans?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by lilcris, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    They're so cool. Taun We kinda looks like my cousin if you can believe that (all skinny looking). But I love how they walk and talk, so slow and calm. :)

2. User_Name

User_Name Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    I started a topic about this and was directed here. So, I restate my question:

Lama Su's voice sounded an awful lot like the voice of the droid "boss" in ROTJ. You know the one, "I have use for you on the master's sail barge."

Does anyone know if they were voiced by the same actor?

3. k_dog77803

k_dog77803 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    The coolest starwars aliens ever!
    Too bad we will only see them in AOTC. They are simple but not simple bad, very cool looking!

4. jedimaster5615

jedimaster5615 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2002
    They're kind of scary.

5. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    They are simply wonderful. :)

I've seen comments on this board to the effect the "Kammies" ;) are a nod to "pop mythology" as they resemble the typical "gray aliens" or Close Encounter Aliens. And, like their "real life" friends, the Kaminoans perform expirements on human beings. I thought that was a rather interesting point. ;)

6. k_dog77803

Jun 22, 2002
    Jedimaster why do you think they are scary?

7. jedimaster5615

jedimaster5615 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2002
    Well when Taun We first appeared she was like 5 feet taller than Ob1, her huge black penetrating eyes were just staring, thats about it. Im not scared anymore, but just when they first appeared it was like whoa!

8. k_dog77803

Jun 22, 2002
    I'm glad they didnt spoil the way they look by showing them in the trailors and stuff. I really didnt know what they looked like until I saw the movie!

9. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    "I'm glad they didnt spoil the way they look by showing them in the trailors and stuff. I really didnt know what they looked like until I saw the movie!"

:) Good point. To tell you the truth the scenes that most impressed me the first time around were those that took place on Kamino. Especially in the cloning facilities. Now, the first time I saw them was when I was at Celebration 2 yet even then my jaw was literally on the floor.

10. k_dog77803

Jun 22, 2002
    So did they show what the Kaminoans looked like at Celebration 2, or did they just show what Kamino itself was going to look like?

11. namaalika

namaalika Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    I liked the Kaminoans. They ought to make a movie about them. Maybe a TV miniseries.

12. k_dog77803

Jun 22, 2002
    Well a movie with CG Kaminoans would be really expensive. But maybe they could make a cartoon movie or tv show! And the twist is the story happens when Tuan We and Lama Su are little kids! How cool would that be?

I'm going to e-mail the jedi councel from the officil site about this! Then I'm going to start a on-line petition!

So who's with me?

13. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    "So did they show what the Kaminoans looked like at Celebration 2, or did they just show what Kamino itself was going to look like?"

Yes they showed the scene where Taun We first approached Obi Wan (no dialogue) and they also showed quite a bit of the cloning facilities as well as Obi Wan's starfighter landing on Kamino (which was the coolest thing I had ever seen in my life... until they showed Yoda deflecting Dooku's lightning bolts ;) ).

14. k_dog77803

Jun 22, 2002
    Did they check yous guys for video cameras? If they didnt I bet they will next year!

15. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    The Kaminoans rocked in AOTC. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see too much of them. Hopefully, they will be back for Ep. III, although I fear if they are it will probably be to show the cloning facilities being destroyed.

Poor, greedy, immoral alien cloners! ;)

16. k_dog77803

Jun 22, 2002
    I hope Lucas isn't that dumb enough to kill everyone's favorate aliens!

But this is Lucas we are talking about. He kills all the cool charactors off. As soon as he hears about how some people like Tuan We he will be like "OH MY, we cant have people like Tuan We, I'll cut her head off in the next one!"!

17. RossN

RossN Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2002
    I actually find Taun We more attractive than Padme...glad to see I'm not alone though!

Did any one expect to hear 'etheral' music like angelic choirs or something?

Yours

18. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    "I actually find Taun We more attractive than Padme"

I wonder what happened to the "Taun We is Hot" thread. ;)

19. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I did like the Kaminoans. Very cool species. Very well animated as well. George stills seems to amaze me with his creations.

20. k_dog77803

Jun 22, 2002
    I love Taun We!

I even have Rena Owen's(the voice of Taun We)autograph on my Taun We action figure! She also signed the cover to my SW soundtrack! And she also sent me two autographed 8x10's and a card she signed!

Take that fellow Taun We lovers!

21. k_dog77803

Jun 22, 2002
    Up and Away!

22. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    They're my fave alien race!!! I hope to see more of them!!

23. SidiousDragon

SidiousDragon Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2001
    Other A.I. connection:

Rena Owen (Taun We) played the flesh fair ticket woman, the one who picks up Teddy.

(and by the way, just to be pedantic...they weren't aliens! :p )

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Kamino and their inhabitants were some of my favorite scenes in all the films. They were extremely well done. Very graceful and they moved like sylphs.

25. k_dog77803

Jun 22, 2002
    What are Sylph?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.