main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How does everyone organize their cards?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Loyal-Guard, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Ive reached the point now where putting together a deck is a big hassle since i cant think of a logical way to organize all my cards.

The way I was doing it was I had them all grouped by set, and divided into Dark, Neutral, and Light sections in each set. That worked for a while, but now with a collection including hefty ammounts of ATOC, SR, and BOY cards, with decent ammounts of ANH, and ESB thrown in, this method no longer works for me, since whenever I go through a section to pick units, I'm always wondering if I should look through any of the others before I pick.

So, ten minutes into building a deck, my table has about, say, five differnt stacks of Light side Space units, all from different sets and what not. It's just impossible to do it that way without getting them all confused. And dont get me started when it comes sorting through all those Battle cards!

just wondering if anyone else had any opinions on this one.

Thanks.

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I have one box that is light, the other box is dark and neutral. Then each of the 3 are seperated out into characters, ground, space, location, mission, and battle. Then within each of those I have them broken down by highest build first. Except in characters where I group together all the diff unique characters.

3. Loyal-Guard

Loyal-Guard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    That sounds like a pretty good idea. For me, i cant decided how to arrange each type once they are seperated. As of now, i have them in decending order of speed, which actually works pretty good for me. Although build point order is also a good idea. Still, i dont even know how to start organizing the battle cards. Im thinking dividing them into offensive and defensive capabilities.

4. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Those with the same build I then break down in speed adn it goes on down through the abilites. For battle cards I go by force expenditure. zero force are first adn 8+ force are last. Then since there are a ton of 2 force I break then down alphabetically so I know for sure where a particular card is in very little time (the same with missions - build first then alphabetical). Though offensive and defensive isn't bad.

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Mine are in my bottom drawer of my dresser. Everytime I get a new pack, I dump the cards in there. When I want to play, I grab a handful and make two decks out of it.

6. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Hehe that is a very...different strategy. I guess there would be a lot of variety that way :) .

7. JediBrain

JediBrain Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2004
    I have mine separated by set (AOTC, ANH...) Then into LS , DS and Neutral. Finally, alphabetical within each category.

When I was just collecting, I just did by set, then number, but once I started playing that didn't work anymore.

Right now I only have 500 cards or so total, so there isn't a big problem picking cards for decks. Its convinient b/c I really like doing themed decks, trying not to mix non-contemporary units together.

I'm already relying on a spreadsheet to keep track of what I have and what I don't, so not having them by set and number hasn't been that bad.

Brian

8. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    All of my cards are sorted by Light Side usable and Dark Side usable. Within those, they are sorted alphabetically by card type. I maintain a database of all the cards and the quantities I have. This is the basis of my website linked in my signature.

Using the database, I can query on LOTS of things. I can sort and filter by just about anything on any card. Looking for Droids in a Dark Side deck? I can pull up a list in seconds. Jedi Council Members for 5 build or less? Same thing. All Dark Side usable Ground units of 50 speed or more, with 3 or more power? Not a problem (though that list is pretty short).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.