main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT How Does One leave the Jedi Order?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MrCody, Jul 6, 2014.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Actually, they should've had him sign a non-compete agreement, if you know what I mean. ;) Sidious would've considered such an agreement a guideline, rather than a rule. ;)

Valairy Scot likes this.
  2. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

Maybe, still I do wish they included the Lost 20. Maybe they could have written it a little differently.

Also, I'm not sure if this been mentioned, but each of the Lost 20 has a bust built after they leave.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yup it was mentioned I think.

4. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012

Was Dooku's head bust in the Archives in any of the clone wars episodes?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  6. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    They probably took it out. You know, because of....circumstances.

Nìmwey likes this.
  7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Jedi aren't forbidden from leaving. It's just a rare occurrence which is why only twenty had left, since they are so dedicated to the Jedi way of life that to leave it behind is almost unheard of.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU the Lost Twenty were all Masters, as I recall - doesn't include Knights (and Padawans).

9. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    They leave through the exit.

10. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    How does one leave the Jedi order?

Like this.

[​IMG]

11. Sariel2005

Sariel2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2014
    In all seriousness I guess very few Jedi would leave. Apart from their indoctrination from a very young age Jedi have no resources whatsoever. Its interesting that Dooku was a Count by birth and had resources to fall back on. What does the average Jedi own? nothing. Quite possibly they have to even turn in their lightsabers ( which if its true crystals are found only on Ilum and the Sith have red lightsabers because their crystals are synthesised would explain why the Count has a red lightsaber)
    As such they would be out on their own, with no friends to speak of and no money.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    In Legacy of the Jedi, Padawan candidate Lorian Nod (Dooku's old classmate) is given a job in the Agricultural Corps even after being expelled from the Order proper for falsely accusing Dooku of stealing a Holocron.

He leaves the job and becomes a pirate.

13. Sariel2005

Jun 10, 2014

That raises an interesting point. The Jedi may well be indoctrinated from birth but (EU) its clear they want to be Jedi and Agricultural corps etc is a failure. Surely a fair few disenchanted failures would decide the do not want to be farmers and leave.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The AgriCorps includes a few full Jedi and Masters with a talent for that sort of thing (possibly also to oversee the failures).

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Do you really think Yoda goes "okay, see ya kid" and pushes him out the front door naked, with no money, no plan, nothing? You don't think they do anything to help them get started? I mean, other than giving them galaxy class education and training, with knowledge and skills in very employable areas, and the ultimate trump card, the ability to feel and use the Force.

I really don't think Jedi struggle terribly to survive when they leave the Order, certainly no more than your average Joe Skywalker. (no relation)

16. Sariel2005

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think the Jedi give someone who wants to leave anything. I imagine they would keep a vague eye on them to make sure they did not become dark jedi or abuse their powers. Really doubt they would give them a payoff and a place to stay, makes it easier for someone to leave and if the Agricultural corps is true then, well anyone who did not fancy farming for a living and were disappointed would definitely go for it.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  17. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    In some ways the Jedi Order makes it impossible to leave. They come in as three year olds (or the equivalent) for the most part and then know almost nothing but what is inside the Temple walls until they are sixteen and are assigned to a Knight or Master. Ahsoka at last as a fourteen year old was naive in many respects in the ways of the galaxy but then again Anakin spent nine or so years outside of the Jedi Order so he is fairly wise to the ways of the galaxy. I guess that they might be able to get jobs in the private sector as bodyguards/glorified babysitters, a security consultant or maybe a pilot.

However I imagine that if a Jedi wanted to leave they speak to the Council and if a solution can't be reached they leave the Order. I believe that they said that Dooku left the Order over the fact that the Jedi supported the Senate even though it was corrupt and that the Jedi were ignoring the growing Dark Side. I do wonder if either the timeline is going to be changed since I thought that Dooku left the Order shortly after the events on Naboo but the Lost Missions implied that Dooku was helping Sidious BEFORE the Invasion of Naboo.

The only Canon split off of the Jedi Order that I am aware of was the Sith which broke off about two thousand years before TPM.

mikeximus likes this.
  18. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    To the leave the Jedi Order can be done in myriad of ways: walking away, falling to the Dark Side, breaking the tenets of the order such as having a family (though this can be pardoned in rare cases), and joining a faction that is against the Republic, such as the Separatists.

Iron_lord likes this.
  19. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Force Ghost star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    One thing that have bugged me for some time is this;
    If a Jedi wants to leave and the reason is that he/she wants to do something that normal Jedi are forbidden to do.
    Say that a Jedi wants to leave because they have fallen in love and wants to get married and have kids.
    Jedi are not allowed to do those things and the reason, as I understand it, is that having a husband/wife or children means a greater risk of falling to the Dark Side.
    But would the Jedi Order allow a member to leave for that reason? If yes, aren't they worried that he/she would be at risk of falling to the Dark Side?
    Ex-Jedi don't loose their powers when they leave so the risk of falling should still be present.
    If the Jedi Order are fine with allowing Ex-Jedi to marry and have kids then the ban for active Jedi to do those things becomes a bit odd. In other words, if the risk of falling is negligible for Ex-Jedi, why is the risk much greater for active Jedi?

Bye for now.
    Blackboard Monitor

Empress Shatterpoint likes this.
  20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Well, what if an active Jedi gets married? What is the Order going to do to stop them? Kill them? No, at most just expel them (perhaps not even that), allowing them to leave with their spouse, which is the same result as a Jedi simply leaving on their own accord. (The PT makes it pretty clear that Anakin would probably be expelled if his relationship with Padme were discovered)

I'm sure they are at least somewhat worried about ex-Jedi falling to the dark side, but I don't think they're willing to imprison or kill an innocent person just to prevent the possibility.

The risk isn't negligible for an ex-Jedi, it just doesn't justify tyranny.

21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The Jedi would no longer be an active member of the Jedi Order. Ergo, they would be free to live normal lives. The Order can't stop them from having families, but they would keep an eye on their former brethren to make sure that they don't slip.

Obi-wan did say that he would be kicked out for his relationship with Padme, but then, Obi-wan didn't say anything even after figuring it out. That's why he went to Padme to talk to Anakin, before leaving for Utapau. He just didn't realize how serious the relationship was until he saw that she was pregnant.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  22. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    An ex-Jedi who married would probably not be in a position for someone to threaten the family for concessions, etc. You don't see many hostages taken attempting to force a farmer or a school teacher to "not arrest someone" or negotiate in such a way that A wins out over B.

In short, EX-Jedi and their families are not generally good targets.

23. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

If the latter is true, it only makes me suspect that the Jedi were truly controlling when it comes to not only their members, but their ex-members.

24. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

I agree. That is what I meant in an earlier post that the Jedi probably don't see many leave the Order because Jedi are institutionalized to a degree.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

The only issue would be an Anakin Skywalker/Shmi Skywalker type of situation or Anakin and Padme situation. Where something happens that has nothing to do with gangsters and slave traders and more to do with random chance moments of death. Or natural causes. Then the former Jedi would be tempted by the dark side.

Given what happened with Dooku, they weren't that vigilant. He went off the grid for nine years, but the Council didn't seem too fused about it. During that time, he wound up becoming a Sith Lord and plotted to take down his former friends. That kind of situation would warrant close attention being paid.

Iron_lord likes this.